Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

Customer revenge

cingcing

May 18, 2005, 5:48 PM
I answered the phone at my store today (first mistake) and a lady asked me if there was a store in a mall an hour away. I told her I'm sure there was but she could verify online and get the phone #. She very rudely raised her voice and said "You just lost a sale." and hung up.
OOHH Ouch!! 😛
First of all you were gonna go to another store anyway. Second, we were busy with "Real" customers at the time. It just got me thinking of how customers try to hurt or "get back" at us. and how it doesn't really work. Does anyone else have similar stories?
texaswireless

May 18, 2005, 6:00 PM
I've said some things to people when they have been particularly rude and un-helpful (not that you did that, she sounded like she needed some love).

I try to minimize my remarks to those who are innocent bystanders and might be trying to resolve an issue created by someone else.

Good example was today, damn Earthlink tech support. One guy said one thing which was totally wrong. I made a comment to him that with service like his I might be moving to Cox Cable modem soon.
cingcing

May 18, 2005, 6:29 PM
This happens all the time: cust buys V180 or V220. Lose the antennea, come back to my store and get mad cause I don't have any. "Let me get this straight, you sell me a phone, and then you don't carry the parts for it?" accusing me of fraud lol "That's just bad service." "Cant you order one from the company YOU bought one from?"
texaswireless

May 18, 2005, 6:37 PM
We actually carry the antennas for handsets, as long as they are the screw on type.

I get that though, we prefer not to carry batteries. They sit on my shelves for that one customer every three months who needs one. If I decide to carry only the popular batteries the customer gets frustrated when I don't carry the one for them.

We just use online fulfillment and ship all that stuff to them. That way I technically carry "ALL" accessories currently available.
cingcing

May 18, 2005, 6:49 PM
We actually just removed aour direct fulfillment computer cause it never worked and if it did we didn't get credit for it.
muchdrama

May 19, 2005, 2:24 AM
cingcing said:
I answered the phone at my store today (first mistake) and a lady asked me if there was a store in a mall an hour away. I told her I'm sure there was but she could verify online and get the phone #. She very rudely raised her voice and said "You just lost a sale." and hung up.
OOHH Ouch!! 😛
First of all you were gonna go to another store anyway. Second, we were busy with "Real" customers at the time. It just got me thinking of how customers try to hurt or "get back" at us. and how it doesn't really work. Does anyone else have similar stories?
In the time you took to tell her "look it up online", you could have looked it up for her and made nice with humanity. Pfft.
PsYkE

May 19, 2005, 12:53 PM
I don't like it when customer's ask my last name. They only do that when they're pissed off. Yeah... that's exactly what I wanna do. Give out my full name to somebody who's hell bent on getting somebody back for something I can't control. They get really pissed off & say that if I have all their info, they should be able to have mine, & I simply tell them that I've signed privacy agreements & they have not.

It's also a pet peeve of mine when people get pissy w/ me & tell me they're taping the conversation. I tell them that I do not give my permission to tape my voice & since it is illegal to tape someone w/o their permission in MD, they are not permitted to do so & use it. If they want a copy of the conversation, we do record our ...
(continues)
jamesm

May 19, 2005, 5:59 PM
Ive had customer threating to quit service after we gave him 1st and 6th month free. All because we couldnt wave his activation fee on top of it. So i then began to tell him, by cancelling service he not only gets almost 800 in cancellation fees, but he will start over with a whole new company therefore waiving all customer loyalty bonuses. 🤣
peach85298

May 21, 2005, 11:37 AM
I had this guy yesterday....I was on the phone with one of my business accounts 13 phones and several pagers. This guy walks up I tell him I will be with him in one minute 30 seconds later he sighs says he will be back and walks away. He comes back in 3 minutes I am still on the phone with the customer. He flips out and starts screaming at me "Are you working yet?... it must be nice to sit and talk on the phone all day" I tell him that I am sorry and will be right with him. I hang up the phone and ask him what I can help him with. He starts screaming again (when I say screaming I mean veins popping out of his head and neck screaming) "I don't know about my plan his kid sold me this phone and didn't $%%^ tell me about the plan" you people are...
(continues)
jkrivjansky

May 21, 2005, 12:02 PM
I deal with these sorts of situations everyday. Then again I'm in a line of work where you have to.

Daily customers will call and throw a fit because they didn't read the terms and conditions of the agreement they signed. Inevitably they state they'll just cancel everything and move to a different carrier. I respond "I'm sorry if you feel that is a neccessary step. However that is an option if you choose to make it" this usually flusters them enough to listen.

I work for a company who contracts with multiple carriers. So for them to leave one carrier and join another there is no loss for me.

People (read: customers) don't educate themselves. Personal responsibilty no longer exists. They seem to think nothing is their faul...
(continues)
PsYkE

May 21, 2005, 1:46 PM
Holy cow. I'd have called security on him. I wouldn't take that crap from anyone.
Dyingunman

May 21, 2005, 1:58 PM
It waorks the other way too, some book store employees, and game store employees prance around and talk to you like there gods b/c they work in a book/game store.

"oooo look at me i work in a game store I make $6 an hr and treat my customers like scum, my penis could kill an elephant!" 🤣
rallykid

May 21, 2005, 7:34 PM
"oooo look at me i work in a game store I make $6 an hr and treat my customers like scum, my penis could kill an elephant!"

😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 Exactly what kind of *ahem* "Book Store" were you in and what kind of "Games" were they playing? 😳 🤣 🤣
UOQuack

May 26, 2005, 4:18 PM
My sales associates are under strict instructions from me not to ever tolerate abusive, rude or foul language. If a customer gets abusive or uses foul language, we warn them and ask them to please use appropriate language. If they persist, we ask them to leave. If they refuse to leave, we call the police. The closest we've come to actually doing that is picking up the phone, and it was amazing how fast the person changed their tune.
jerrydock

May 27, 2005, 3:32 PM
I get to handle ALL of those types in my store. I used to be a bouncer in a nude bar so cellular customers are not exactly hard to handle...lol.
Had a guy about 6 months ago who threatened Adam (a pretty young guy); I grabbed the guy by the wrist (in a special way) and walked him outside. He is now a different person. He brought in his wife to introduce her to me AND to add 2 lines of service.
Cigee

May 26, 2005, 6:35 PM
I had a guy come in the other day wanting to buy a sim card for a tmobile phone. As part of our excellent customer service standards, we inquired on the reason for a new sim. He explained that he got a new phone and that he was going to put it in his old phone that he leaves at home. That way he has two working phones in different areas. One at home and one in the car.

😳 😳 😳 Um......................

Sir that won't work. Both phones cannot be active on the same phone number. He got angry and said well ya'll sound just like the Tmobile store....ignorant. Hahahaha.....I was about to rebut but my coworker gave me a shutup look, smiled at the customer and wished him well on his way out.
Doppelganger

Jun 9, 2005, 6:20 PM
i had a man call me and discuss the fact that he'd signed up for post-paid service with us while his wife was pregnant just incase there was an emergency and he had to contact her, but now that she'd given birth, he wanted to just cancel and felt we should waive the ETF for him because of his reasoning. i advised the customer that we definitely couldn't waive an early termination fee for this reason and asked him if he still wanted to cancel. he raised his voice to me and said,
"no. i obviously can't, now! thank you, customer un-care!"

OH! BONED! 🤣
elihuspeaks

Jun 9, 2005, 6:27 PM
The last couple of days there's been a disgruntled customer picketing the Sprint Corporate store near my store. He even went as far as to detail his truck on both sides and the back with the Sprint logo and the words "Sprint Sucks!" And above and below it - he has written "customer service like the IRS" He was walking around with signs the other day that said essentially the same thing, and handing out flyers that he had made that explained all of the bad things that Sprint did to him. I'd be so embarrassed if a customer did that to our store!
Doppelganger

Jun 9, 2005, 6:31 PM
elihuspeaks said:
I'd be so embarrassed if a customer did that to our store!

your store? i'd be embarassed if i were that guy and i was insane enough to picket a store like that. that guy truely needs like, a job.. or a girlfriend.. or.. something.. 🙄
Vatothe0

Jun 12, 2005, 11:28 PM
That happened to an electronics store I worked in once. He had purchased a warranty on something and came in for warranty service. He got the replacement warranty on a cell phone. Well he brought it in for it being broken in half and that's not covered under their warranty. He got so pissed he went and stood outside with a sign in December for like 2 hours, while being parked in our hourly lot. So he's out there making a fool of himself and paying for parking, part of which we get. What an idiot.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.