Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Please stop...

KioskGuy

Jan 29, 2011, 10:30 AM
...bringing me stolen phones trying to get me to activate them, customers. Seriously. I get suspicious anytime someone comes up with a phone and doesn't really give me a straight answer about whether or not they have service currently or not. Or they say they don't but I can see texts have come in to the phone recently.

So then I check to see if I can activate it. And they give me a weird look and leave in a hurry when I say I can't activate it because it comes up as stolen or fraudulent. No one's gotten mad at me about that yet, but it's only a matter of time.
Da_Bonehead

Jan 31, 2011, 6:32 PM
We were getting ready to close and after explaingin to this guy that the phone he was trying to activate was reported as stolen het showed me the receipt he got from the pawn shop that proved he bought it there and said that we would have to call the police on hime to get him to leave with out his phone. I explained that just because he bought it from someone that does not remove the fact that the previous owned reported it stolen. I explained to him that it is possible that it was repoirted stolen and some on filed an insurance claim for a replacemnt then sold it to a pawn shop. come to find out the previous owner was the Pawn Shop owner's mother. lol
callcenterrep69

Feb 1, 2011, 8:43 AM
🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.