Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Best option for SERO switch

Ask The Shack

Jan 19, 2011, 9:13 AM
I got the $30/500 minute SERO plan and want to get the new Evo Shift but the best that retentions could offer me is a $150 credit on top of the normal discount for a phone but I'd have to get a consumer plan.

Anyone know if there's better deals out there? I bought the Samsung Intercept for Virgin Mobile but didn't switch yet and would like to stay with Sprint but it's getting kinda hard.

With taxes and feed, I'd be paying about the same with VMs $40 plan as with my $30 SERO plan plus insurance.

If any of you guys and gals can help me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
phantom mullet

Jan 19, 2011, 9:20 AM
Pay the regular promotional price for the phone and put it on the SERO Premium plan. Your total cost will be $50 a month which is better than any commercially available rate plan by about $20 a month. Over that time the phone pays for itself.

Seriously, you're ripping the company off enough by having the SERO plan. You don't need a better deal on the hardware.
Ask The Shack

Jan 19, 2011, 12:54 PM
I could get the new SERO plan but it would be double the price I'm paying because they require another $10 per month for the premium data charge for android (and soon all smart) phones.
famoussasjohn

Jan 19, 2011, 12:55 PM
get it before the 30th and your fine.
famoussasjohn

Jan 19, 2011, 12:55 PM
You're* :X
Ask The Shack

Jan 19, 2011, 1:47 PM
famoussasjohn said:
get it before the 30th and your fine.

No, because I want an Android device so they're going to hit me up with that anyway. I'm looking to keep my current plan but with an Android device.

famoussasjohn said:
You're* :X

I have no idea what that means.
phantom mullet

Jan 19, 2011, 2:01 PM
I understand how SERO plans work. I'm handling one right now.

What I'm saying is that you have the option to pay $50 a month (which is not double your current bill, genius) and get a great device at promotional price or you can pay $80 a month and get the same phone for free.

Why is this even a retentions issue? Because you're greedy.
Ask The Shack

Jan 19, 2011, 2:34 PM
Correct, $50 a month isn't double of $30 a month, but $50 a month plus a $10 a month premium data charge is, as stated in my previous post.

I'm not greedy, I'm broke.

If I was making oddles of money, maybe it wouldn't be an issue but I don't, so I can't afford $60 a month+ taxes and fees for a phone.
phantom mullet

Jan 19, 2011, 2:57 PM
The fifty dollars includes the Premium data charge. 🙄

If you can't afford it then look into a phone you can afford. Don't cry to retentions because you don't make enough money to live luxuriously.
smazi

Jan 19, 2011, 3:23 PM
I get tired of people complaining they can't afford luxuries like smartphones. Well then get something you can afford. There are many options. My "dumbphone" runs the web & chat & email & text just fine. I don't need more than that.
Ask The Shack

Jan 20, 2011, 8:44 AM
Yes, I'm cheap, I already said I was and I also understand that the new SERO plan is discounted.

Fine, you made your point but that still isn't going to make me stop asking my question.

If anyone has some helpful input besides "stop being cheap and just get the plan", I'd like to hear your input to everyone else, thanks, but you're wasting your time here. I could care less about your oppinions about what you think I should be paying for my service. If you care that much, you're more then welcome to pay my bill and pay whatever amount for the service you wish, but untill that time, I'm looking to keep around the same price for roughly the same features.
phantom mullet

Jan 20, 2011, 9:24 AM
No major postpaid carrier is going to give you a high quality phone and plan to suit your requests.

I'm pretty sure you can get a basic TracFone in Wal-Mart for about 20 bucks and the monthly cost will probably be about what you're currently paying.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.