Question for Sprint Telesales

serendair

Dec 30, 2010, 11:19 PM
(If y'all are around!)

Is it true that you cannot:

- Change a price plan
- Swap a phone

?

If so, please let me know, a few documents and announcements came out saying otherwise, but the agents I've spoken to said they're told they're not allowed to. D:

Just wanting some clarification, thank you!
Arjuun

Dec 31, 2010, 9:09 AM
also they you guys say you cant make adjustments to any accounts i got kms/cst docs saying you can also
phantom mullet

Dec 31, 2010, 10:44 AM
Adjustments meaning credits? Never.

There are occasions when we can give either a $25 or $50 discount off the promo price of a phone, but it's only for new lines and there are multiple other criterion that must be met.

We cannot, under any circumstances, credit any charge, fee, or other sum after it has been applied to an account. It is impossible. Agents can't do it, supervisors can't do it, and our site managers can't do it. To even ask is silly.
Arjuun

Dec 31, 2010, 10:54 AM
lol so thats why you guys call us all the time in care mullet, but kms says you guys/ your mangers can make credits /adjustments
phantom mullet

Dec 31, 2010, 11:03 AM
Our documents say not to contact other departments in an attempt to receive credits on a customer's account.
So telesales reps shouldn't be doing that. Fill out an agent feedback form.

The only exception I would make is if a customer says something to the effect of "I was told I could get a $50 credit for renewing my contract." Otherwise, if they want a credit they'll have to threaten to cancel and I'll get them to account services, who will probably call their bluff.
serendair

Jan 3, 2011, 5:44 PM
See, we get that in care all the time. "Could you credit their account so we can keep the customer?"

๐Ÿคจ No? Ask your supervisor if you're that intent on making the sale, please don't call us.
phantom mullet

Dec 31, 2010, 10:38 AM
serendair said:
- Change a price plan
- Swap a phone

1. We can. Easily. Either through a program in our order entry system (WIAT) or in CSM.
2. Has to be done in CSM. We can do it, though a lot of inexperienced reps can't handle swapping to or from iDEN devices.

My computer is giving me errors any time I try to access CSM, so I unfortunately have to transfer things out that I would usually use to stretch my average handle time. High AHT is a good thing for us. ๐Ÿ˜‰
rainbow_metals

Dec 31, 2010, 2:53 PM
you would think high handle time would be good for us as well but no, 396 second is our goal and with this new next call prevention crap, no one is gonna be at goal. but since we are abc or pay per call agents here in my call center, the higher the handle time means the less that sprint pays us.
phantom mullet

Dec 31, 2010, 4:04 PM
Wow. That's weak.

We get paid on conversion. Less calls means a better conversion. Longer calls means less calls.

I've had days where I only end up adding 2 lines, but it's cool because I only took 14 calls and our goal is 10%.

Ten percent sounds easy, but with ridiculous transfers, delinquent accounts, routing issues, and fraudulent orders being nixed on the back-end a lot of reps struggle.
ghepau

Mar 5, 2011, 4:08 PM
agree to that... so you have the same goal for conversion? i thought its only on our site.. you're located in US, right?
melrhodes

Mar 7, 2011, 10:20 AM
its for all sites
serendair

Jan 3, 2011, 5:46 PM
Awesome; and if it's just an error message you guys are getting? Let us know what it is and we'll tell you how to fix it/get around it. =)

I know I've given the answer on how to get around it, and had a few in sales go, "Hey thanks! Now I don't have to transfer. ๐Ÿ˜"
phantom mullet

Jan 4, 2011, 9:14 AM
I think my issue is probably computer-based rather than system.

Either a file got uninstalled or a directory was changed on my system. I've reported it to IT on multiple occasions with screenshots, but apparently it's not that important to them. ๐Ÿ™„
phantom mullet

Jan 4, 2011, 9:17 AM
*by 'rather than system' I mean it's not within CSM.

If everything on my computer wasn't restricted I could fix it myself, alas the good ole boys in IT need job security and I cannot fix my own computer/system issues.
The 1

Jan 4, 2011, 2:02 PM
I don't think its as much a question of can, as it is should you. When sales agents were trained at my location, they were told "you are not customer service." If a customer calls in to make changes, transfer to care.

sure, they can change to help a sale in process, but don't if it does not involve a sale.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.