Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

Question about rollover minutes

Ask The Shack

Dec 1, 2010, 9:37 AM
Alright, lets say someone has 5000 rollover minutes with AT&T and they switch to an unlimited plan, what happens to the rollover minutes? Do they get lost?

I know if you downgrade your plan, you cn only keep a maximum amount of minutes that your plan has per months (such as if you have 5K rollover minutes, and you go to a 400 minute plan, you'll then lose 4500 minutes).

Anyone got any info?
Chaos

Dec 1, 2010, 9:42 AM
You cannot be serious. ๐Ÿคจ
phantom mullet

Dec 1, 2010, 10:36 AM
I seem to recall joking about this no more than an hour ago...

https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »
He who Lurks

Dec 1, 2010, 11:10 AM
You don't have or need rollover minutes on an unlimited plan, plus if you had rollover why would you change?
Fredd

Dec 1, 2010, 11:13 AM
Are you serious? What good would rollover do you when you have Unlimited voice?

Since it was asked, yes, when you change to Unlimited Voice your rollover minutes are gone. And no, the Unlimited plans do not include rollover (anticipating next stupid question).

If your plan with the rollover is less expensive than the Unlimited, leave it as is and use up the rollover. If the $69.99 unlimited is less, change.
He who Lurks

Dec 1, 2010, 11:33 AM
Chuck Norris can use all the minutes on an unlimited plan
Fredd

Dec 1, 2010, 12:24 PM
Chuck Norris would likely break the phone while trying to open it, and would not be able to use the minutes. He's a loser!
He who Lurks

Dec 1, 2010, 12:57 PM
if you know someone that doesn't like Chuck Norris you won't know them for long!
Fredd

Dec 1, 2010, 2:17 PM
Have never cared from him, and he should go back to his born name - Carlos.

If it was not for "Meng long guo jiang" (Fists of Fury) with Bruce Lee, he would have been nothing.
He who Lurks

Dec 2, 2010, 9:10 AM
I agree Bruce lee is awesome, but something stuck in my throuat about this post, last night it occured to me Chuck isn't in Fist of Fury!!!! He was in Way of the Dragon.....
But without Fist, Bruce might not have made this movie though.

If you want an excellent kung fu movie, check out Yip Man it's about Bruces teacher and is excellent. Real kung fu, no wushu that's so flowery but not really good in a fight. It is excellent
Fredd

Dec 6, 2010, 4:59 PM
You are correct, Master!.
This ancient one's memory fails him at times.
It has been a very long time since I saw that movie - about 40 years ago?

Will have to try to find Yip Man, thankos for the tip
He who Lurks

Dec 7, 2010, 3:28 PM
NP I just bought the bruce lee collection a couple of months ago so I have them all now!

If you've never seen Game of Death don't worry, there are only few seens worth watching since that's the one he was making when he died, I don't know how they made a part 2, but I haven't tried watching it
Amarantamin

Dec 1, 2010, 2:52 PM
Is they were wondering if they went to Unlimited for a month or two and went back to a rollover plan, if they'd still have their minutes.

The answer is "No, the company will keep those minutes and pretend you were never paying a premium rate for rollover."
He who Lurks

Dec 1, 2010, 4:15 PM
Premium rate? I think our rates are the same as verizons?
Amarantamin

Dec 1, 2010, 4:37 PM
With a lesser network; when I asked local ATT reps about this, they said that they could charge the same as Verizon with a lesser network because they had rollover.
Fredd

Dec 1, 2010, 4:56 PM
I would not call it a lesser network. Maps are rather similar, and gaps continue to narrow. Both have their advanteges.
He who Lurks

Dec 2, 2010, 9:33 AM
The premium is for the privlige of talking to me!
Nmbr1Mommy

Dec 3, 2010, 12:58 AM
It's really the same network, it's just what we have as "2g" verizon calls "3g" when its the same speed. and the coverage is pretty much the same. And where we do "3g" its MUCH faster than verizon "3g". So no the price for the minutes is really the same, it's just a perk to have rollover for the same rate. not a premium rate. ๐Ÿ™‚
Ask The Shack

Dec 2, 2010, 9:13 AM
Yes, that's what I was asking. I assumed you people understood, but I guess not.

Kinda sucks that you'd lose a ton of rollover if you switched to unlimited, then switched back because it wasn't for you.

Is there a way to get the minutes back? Like if you switched plans for a few hours then had "buyers remourse" over the switch.
He who Lurks

Dec 2, 2010, 9:54 AM
But if you had tons of rollover minutes, why would you switch to unlimited?
Chaos

Dec 6, 2010, 1:28 PM
Guess next time ask the question you want answered?
phantom mullet

Dec 6, 2010, 1:33 PM
+1

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.