Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

No More Mand. OT*

Amarantamin

Nov 16, 2010, 2:39 PM
*for one day.

Last Friday, word was announced that mandatory overtime would be lifted, and every employee was back on their normal chedules.

Yesterday, that went into effect.

Today, mandatory overtime was reinstated, along with the possibility of increasing the amount of extra hours.

If I had no life, this would truly be no issue. But with 15+ hours/week of schooling, there has become no time for anything else. Added to the fact that they've raised goals in every area and lowered the pay for meeting those goals, we're pretty much living to maximize their bonuses.
famoussasjohn

Nov 17, 2010, 10:10 AM
👿
My mandatory OT starts on 11/26-12/03. rather stupid considering we won't have high traffic on any of these days. We do online chat support. People will be outside shopping mostly, so we are going to be dead. just glad I am not being forced to work on Black Friday. I am planning on going to grab a few blurays on black friday.
ccareatatt

Nov 19, 2010, 11:58 AM
i know it sucks but the paychecks are insane especially on incentive checks for call center employees what sucks is going back to your regular pay after a long period of dealing with nice checks.
iljaaf21

Nov 19, 2010, 2:05 PM
OSHA
famoussasjohn

Nov 21, 2010, 10:21 AM
ya..incentives.. 👿
the same 3 people get it here, rather pointless lol.
we now have a new incentive for most improved, so I have been trying to door decent work, and then gradually doing better to win the TV 🤣
doubt it will work though.
twinmoon1

Nov 22, 2010, 11:47 PM
at the call senter i work at we have had one hour of ot per day for the entire month of novemeber.
Researcher

Nov 23, 2010, 1:25 PM
We all have OT at our call center. The calls never end right at the end of the shift. Each check ha any where from 15 mins to an hour and a half.
rainbow_metals

Nov 23, 2010, 3:29 PM
thats not what he was talking about about, we all were working 9 hour shifts instead of 8 and still having to stay over that for the extra few minutes as necessary to finish up the last call. totally different ball game. funny that it was only needed until the holidays hit and now they aren't allowing any OT at all now, funny isn't it?
Researcher

Nov 23, 2010, 4:30 PM
Yea.

I went back and re read this. I have worked in call centers but they never made sense staffing wise.
jadeybabe

Nov 24, 2010, 1:06 PM
we have optional...never mandatory at my call center 🙂
Chaos

Nov 24, 2010, 2:31 PM
When I used to work for big blue they called in all hands for the original Iphone lauch, mandatory OT like we were all getting fired at the end of the day. I think I ended up working 112 hours per week for a couple of weeks back then.
olderthandirt

Nov 27, 2010, 7:49 PM
They pulled our mandatory OT. Will not allow to do any at all. Just in time for Xmas. Thank you very much.

Not fair to require mandatory and then not let others who are willing to do more not do it. But then when did anything corporate ever make sense.

There is a reason for Dilbert.

More truth than not

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.