Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 40 replies

Famous Customers

slolearner

Oct 5, 2010, 4:49 PM
So I was just star-struck to help a four-time NBA Champion... Turned out to be a really nice guy.

What about you? Who have you met, and were they impressive?!
Menno

Oct 5, 2010, 5:20 PM
-State Senator: Actually really nice. Came in with issues with his Android.

-Coal Magnate: This guy owns a good chunk of the mountains in my state (or at least the mineral rights). He's not famous, just fithly rich. He was actually really nice to work with as well. he got a first gen storm (ouch) and would come in every week or so for help on it. The best thing though is he's always bring all of us Coffee and Pretzals.

-Local mayor from one of my old stores... kind of a jackass, thought he was more important than he really was. insisted I knew how to activate an iphone on verizon... yeah

I haven't had "famous" customers (not really in the right place for it) but I've dealt with a lot of wealthy people. Most of the time they'...
(continues)
JTRaven

Oct 5, 2010, 5:28 PM
well when I was in Denver... I had a few football players, hockey players, a few baseball players and one basketball players, they were all really nice people....
Oh and the ex professional wrestler he was way cool honestly.
ecycled

Oct 5, 2010, 5:29 PM
Cliff from the trailer park is about as good as it gets around here.

Mostly ancient farmers who really should not have phones.

FML!
justfinethanku

Oct 5, 2010, 5:41 PM
bassist for the band "hell yeah" came in and upgraded his phone.

Unfortunatly I wasn't there, it was my buddy who sold it. ☚ī¸
wdfichtel

Oct 6, 2010, 8:00 AM
It's harder working in a call center, as with the non-contract accounts you never if they're really who they say they are without being able to see them. It is always neat to do work on the 1,000+ line corporate accounts. I've worked with Universal Studios, the MGM Grand, etc.

When I worked at Cracker Barrel a decade ago, we did have a lot of musicians stop in while passing through on the road - The Temptations, The Four Tops, Garth Brooks, Clint Black... some of the local athletes would come in as well. That was always a good time.
famoussasjohn

Oct 6, 2010, 9:10 AM
when i worked at best buy, i rung out the tall guy from "the Devils Rejects" IMDB says his name is "Sid Haig"
Robokitty

Oct 7, 2010, 4:18 PM
i think he died. 😲
famoussasjohn

Oct 10, 2010, 10:38 AM
really? I just saw him not even 2 months ago when going to dinner with my family before my sisters wedding.
Robokitty

Oct 10, 2010, 12:32 PM
Maybe we're talking about a different character then 😛
You said tall so I thought you were referring to the tall deformed guy who got those injuries from the fire in the first movie. The one who drags the dead naked girl through the dirt at the beggining of the movie 😁
famoussasjohn

Oct 10, 2010, 3:31 PM
hopefully thats not him. I'm not sure of the film, I just remember we had a sale and saw the cover and then him in line and walking towards me and like oh crap that was him! he seems to be in Rob Zombie films a lot though. none of the halloween ones though.
phyxlor

Oct 11, 2010, 11:19 AM
no, Sid is Captian Spalding, the clown. the big fater guy.
famoussasjohn

Oct 31, 2010, 9:48 AM
he wasn't that fat, but he is tall, like 6'5 or something, but ya it was captain spalding. i saw him randomly a few months ago too when I was leaving Claimjumper for dinner with the family before my sisters wedding, and he rolled up.
gadawg119

Oct 6, 2010, 4:34 PM
NBA player. He was the "other guard" on the Orlando Magic when Penny Hardaway & Shaq were there. A very gracious person

When I used to work at a restaurant down the street, a famous actor (co-starred in the "Rush Hour" movies with Jackie Chan) would stop in about once a month. His mother was in every few days. Both were very cool, down to earth people.
wizardofCroz

Oct 9, 2010, 4:28 PM
DAWWWWGGGG!!!!
gadawg119

Oct 21, 2010, 3:03 PM
What's going on, dude? You still on this side of the country?
wizardofCroz

Oct 21, 2010, 6:35 PM
yeah, a little further west, but still in GA. I texted you today but i had two numbers, does your number start with a 7, or a 4?
gadawg119

Nov 19, 2010, 3:34 PM
with a 7
kentbrockman

Oct 6, 2010, 5:36 PM
My store is frequented by a certain game show host. Whose show involves a wheel and some fortune.
Researcher

Oct 6, 2010, 8:07 PM
I can guess if I can buy a vowel 😎
cuckingcrazy

Oct 6, 2010, 6:43 PM
I helped out Chris Chester from the Ravens a bunch of times. Really nice guy.

Oct 7, 2010, 3:45 PM
Let's make a little game about your particular customer to see if I can guess who it is.

How many teams has he played for?
Is he a starter?
slolearner

Oct 9, 2010, 4:00 PM
He is retired, has played for 4 teams, and was a starter for some of his career.
mexican putoz

Oct 7, 2010, 7:16 PM
Philip Berne 😁 😁 😁 he called in once before he ported out 😎
alpaca_camel

Oct 10, 2010, 2:36 PM
jason voorhees.

i'm not joking.
i was trying to fix his internet and picture mail problems.
famoussasjohn

Oct 10, 2010, 3:32 PM
where did he live..crystal lake?
alpaca_camel

Oct 10, 2010, 3:59 PM
should have asked that one.

or what are the pictures inside the phone (never bothered checking them though.)
alpaca_camel

Oct 10, 2010, 4:02 PM
Eddie Murphy.

i just heard an eerie laugh (much like the joker's on the dark knight) and he dropped the call after 40 minutes

creepy.
coowguy

Oct 12, 2010, 6:34 PM
Most famous person I talked on the phones with was Bryce Salvador of the NJ Devils NHL team (formerly STL Blues). I'm located in the STL so I was super excited. I told him I hope you keeps contributing to the Blues and takes them to the Stanley Cup next year. He said, "Thanks" and hung up. Nice guy! Problem with what I said...he was traded 2 weeks earlier from the Blues to the Devils and I forgot allll about it.
SHumphries

Oct 16, 2010, 8:36 AM
Ive helped a couple famous people, my favorite is ONE of the BEST linebackers in NFL...

Then a couple movie people here n there, more sports people tho
raven219

Oct 18, 2010, 7:11 PM
I had a call from the Ralph Lauren people once. 😎
motodude69

Oct 19, 2010, 1:08 PM
A famous writer with the alias 'Richard Bachman.' He was in town while filming a movie and just had some general questions about his phone. I could tell it was genuinely him due to his accident he had recently and him coming in with a back brace.

The other one, not many of you would know. Armanti Edwards. I believe he is now a WR for the Carolina Panthers, but he was the quarterback for my college football team. He always had phone issues.
kittie

Oct 19, 2010, 1:12 PM
motodude69 said:
A famous writer with the alias 'Richard Bachman.' He was in town while filming a movie and just had some general questions about his phone. I could tell it was genuinely him due to his accident he had recently and him coming in with a back brace.

OH MIII GOSH!! 😲 😲
He's me-favorite!!!!!! đŸ˜ŗ đŸ˜ŗ
I envy you!!!! 😲
motodude69

Nov 20, 2010, 2:30 PM
He is one of my favorites as well that is still alive.

I was star struck but I got to talk with him for a little bit about a recent book he wrote.
texaswireless

Oct 30, 2010, 5:15 PM
Marky Mark can into our Ridgecrest, CA store back in the day when they were filming Planet of the Apes.
Pinga

Oct 31, 2010, 11:26 AM
Scotty Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Joakim Noah, and once i had Michael Jordan!! YEA BUDDY!!! And some players from the BEARS!
SHumphries

Nov 4, 2010, 3:49 PM
I just helped one of the craziest mofos ever! Travis Pastrana, and he rememberd me from back in the old day when I raced.

Hes top on the list with Mr. Ray Lewis!! and Bruce Willis
charliegirl

Nov 22, 2010, 10:23 AM
I am sooo jealous!!! I love Travis!!! 199!!
me12

Nov 19, 2010, 7:59 PM
Brian England!
Caucasian

Nov 21, 2010, 2:16 PM
I've had Terry Funk, the Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiasi and a few other wrestlers come in.

Nice fellows.
stgaston

Dec 1, 2010, 7:52 PM
Darius Rucker (Hootie and the Blowfish Lead singer, Country Star) Bought an iPhone from me at the Apple Store in Charleston. Very chill dude

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.