Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

why does Sprint run promotions on phones that are low on inventory?

famoussasjohn

Sep 29, 2010, 9:47 AM
I mean, really? why run a promotion for the crap Instinct HD with low inventory, now every order is on backorder because Sprint couldn't sit down and think for a minute and get a better estimate of how many people like free crappy phones when beginning service.

common sense would be to order more inventory for the promotion, but no, sprint seems to screw up.
Amarantamin

Sep 29, 2010, 10:47 PM
They ran the promotion to get rid of inventory on an outdated phone.

Duh.
famoussasjohn

Sep 30, 2010, 8:36 AM
but they are getting more inventory on the today and the 11th so it isnt going on EOL. They should thought out it out instead of putting on a sale for this crap phone with not that many units in the warehouse. now every customer is freaking out because its not in right now.
ZumiezEastCoast

Sep 30, 2010, 5:12 PM
maybe its cause people want them and bought em like the evo? duhh think about it why would you worry anyway about a device you call crap?
Iove2transfercustomers

Sep 30, 2010, 5:47 PM
idk. when the HTC Evo came out, it sold out in less than 2 weeks, and people still wanted the phone, waiting another month to get it because not enough were avl.
OfAMightDivine

Oct 1, 2010, 2:37 PM
It's a marketing tactic. Nothing more. Keep the phones out of stock by giving 'limited quantities', which keeps the demand high, which generally keeps the sales high.

They're using one of the most basic sales logic, supply vs. demand. Sure, they could pump out as many of those phones as they want in a short time, but they won't. Too many units lowers the percieved value of the device, and sales will drop.
fullracecam

Oct 1, 2010, 2:49 PM
what would make you think that an instinct would ever be worth buying. that was your first mistake. I would be reading reviews befor ever buying a phone cheap or not.
famoussasjohn

Oct 4, 2010, 12:44 PM
read the post again. this is shop talk, meaning we work for these type of companies. no where did I say I wanted this phone. that was your mistake.
ZumiezEastCoast

Oct 5, 2010, 1:59 PM
I'm pretty sure that was pretty clear in the first sentence
DartStuticus

Oct 2, 2010, 12:35 PM
If its a "crap phone" why do you care if its out of stock. The problem with the instinct is has nothing to do with the device itself. People think its a smart phone and expect it to be but its not. Its a feature phone with some extras thrown in.

If you expect a Lexus when you buy a Datsun, your going to be disappointed. End of story.
famoussasjohn

Oct 4, 2010, 12:32 PM
hmm maybe because I work for Sprint Order Support and have to deal with all these orders where the device isnt available. no where did I say I wanted the phone. Reading is fundamental people.
Amarantamin

Oct 4, 2010, 1:51 PM
How dare a company run out of stock of any device! They should anticipate the possibility that everything will sell out and massively overproduce and overstock! I'm %100 certain they won't pass waste costs onto the customer.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.