Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Please stop telling customers they can get free SIM cards from me.

justfinethanku

Sep 8, 2010, 2:49 PM
Seriously.

I am tired of having to convince customers that I am not pocketing the money for the SIM card that, regardless of what the phone rep told them, the SIM cards are NOT free.

I KNOW THIS IS REDUNDANT, BECAUSE i'VE ALREADY POSTED IT ONCE HERE BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, THE SIM CARDS ARE NOT FREE UNLESS YOU SEND THEM ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok thanks
Phadre_

Sep 8, 2010, 3:17 PM
I don't. I tell them it cost's to get a new SIM. If they don' want to wait for one to be shipped, then they have to BUY one from the store. 🙄 Then i'm sure they say just the opposite to the store agent.
Robokitty

Sep 8, 2010, 3:20 PM
What company do you work for?
Phadre_

Sep 8, 2010, 5:16 PM
AT&T
justfinethanku

Sep 9, 2010, 12:29 PM
T-Mobile.
wdfichtel

Sep 9, 2010, 12:47 PM
IIRC, you work for an indirect dealer, right? Isn't there a nearby corporate store that you can send them to? Defective SIM cards are free through those channels... I know I try to make sure the customer understands where they need to go when I send them, but there's no accounting for idiocy...
Menno

Sep 12, 2010, 2:41 PM
Besides that you NEVER want to send a customer to your competitor if you can avoid it.

I work for a verizon retailer, we have a corp store right across the street. you want to guess how often I send customers there?
deepc

Sep 9, 2010, 2:11 PM
I actually sell quite a few sim cards in the call center because dealers in the stores aren't able to get the cards for free.

I'm not sure why anyone would tell a customer that the stores have free sim cards although I often have customers transferred to the call center from customer care who have been told that we can set up installment plans on phones( a big lie).
0to60

Sep 12, 2010, 11:39 AM
So sim cards are free now? Whats your direct number cause everytime I call in they want to charge me. Wait better yet just send me some sim cards, wait what is a sim card? Is it memory? 😕
Phadre_

Sep 12, 2010, 2:03 PM
🤣
sinister

Sep 13, 2010, 11:00 AM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...PLS..PLS PLS PLSSSSSSS....STOP TELLING CUSTOMERS TO CALL CUSTOMER CARE TO WAIVE THE UPGRADE FEES & ACTIVATION FEES WHEN YOU SELL THESE CHUMPS A PHONE!!

see how it works both ways? deal with it...
ccareatatt

Sep 15, 2010, 12:04 AM
Yup never send to Authorized Retailers because they are not free only COR stores they are free. Some reps are not in the United States and dont know the difference or how to read. Now keyword there is SOME.
ecycled

Sep 15, 2010, 10:30 AM
ccareatatt said:
dont know the difference or how to read. Now keyword there is SOME.

LOL I keep telling myself one of these days I'll learn to read.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.