Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

40 y/o midlife crisis?

purplelotus

Aug 26, 2010, 2:08 PM
Who knows?

This guy is talking to me about how he just got out of a pretty long relationship about 2 months ago and he's talking to this woman he "fell madly in love with"... Interesting.

Kinda weird. I want him to stop charging his phone here. And stop talking to me about these things. I don't know if he just feels comfortable talking to me [because he's been here before, and I get that "you just seem like a really easy person to talk to" thing a lot], or if he talks to everyone like this. Just one of those really open people who wants ideas from people he doesn't even know. 😕

Today is so weird.
wearethedisease

Aug 26, 2010, 3:06 PM
It's also possible that since he just came out of a pretty long term relationship he has no friends left and no one to brag about his new lady friend to.

I have a few people that come into my store out of lonliness/boredom/borderline insanity and just talk to me about the most random things. Apparently, cell phone stores are the place to be.

If only I could convince myself to feel that way.
serendair

Aug 26, 2010, 3:50 PM
What's interesting is that I actually had a customer tell me at one point that calling in and hearing a friendly voice was the one thing that kept him from killing himself that night.

Kind of surprising how being nice to someone will seriously make their day.
slolearner

Aug 26, 2010, 5:02 PM
serendair said:
...hearing a friendly voice was the one thing that kept him from killing himself that night.

Kind of surprising how being nice to someone will seriously make their day.

Or how being mean could potentially change their entire life.
serendair

Aug 26, 2010, 6:59 PM
Pretty much that too; even with a "No" on my surveys for issue resolution, they always say I was concerned/felt I cared about their issue.

Then again, I treat the jackasses nice so they'll feel horrible about being mean; it surprisingly works, especially if I keep my voice soft.

Being mean just gets nowhere with customers, being firm but pleasant makes more progress on my eyes and experience.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.