Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

if u told a cust that the

libreyloco

Aug 19, 2010, 5:46 PM
phn is damaged why would the cust say its NOT its broken.....

me😲k i see ur callin cus ur phn is dmaged

cust: no like i said before the phn is broken not damaged

me: ok so can u tell me wats the differance

stoopid cust smh
Da_Bonehead

Aug 20, 2010, 11:45 AM
Well as Service Technician damaged would mean physically broken, i.e. in half or cracked. Broken could be anything from damaged to just won't make a call. I will usually have a customer toss their phone on my counter and say "here you go" and I follow with "ok how can I assist you." to which they follow with either "see for yourself" or "My Phone is Broken"
purplelotus

Aug 21, 2010, 2:21 PM
The difference:

Damaged = Customer's fault.
Broken = Not customer's fault. As in the carrier gave them a broke-ass phone.

In which case, the customer should be covered under the warranty as long as they haven't had their phone for more than a year.

REPLACE MAH PHN DAMMIT! 🀣
sinister

Aug 21, 2010, 2:25 PM
damaged or broken= always the customers fault but meh...i'm a pessimist 😁
libreyloco

Aug 22, 2010, 11:30 AM
well when it comes to asurion(i work for them ssshhhhh)its the same thing broken is damaged and damaged is broken πŸ™‚ ......but the warranty with us doesnt cover something thats broken or damaged ......
OldPhone

Aug 24, 2010, 5:48 PM
So several years ago, a spoiled 13 year old girl comes in with her smelly, overweight father who is rrarely in town as he travels for work. Holds up her phone which was $350 when discounted and $500 when not. Back when people rarely paid $50 for a phone because a phone was a phone back then.

"My phone's not working. You have to give me another one!"

My question: "What happened to it?"

"Nothing." Hands me the phone.

It felt a bit wet to me, but, when taking the battery cover off water dropped out. Noticable water all through the battery compartment.

"The phone is wet. It's not covered by warranty." No insurance for the 13 year old girl with an expensive phone of course.

"No it didn't!"

"See the water dripping ou...
(continues)
libreyloco

Aug 24, 2010, 7:12 PM
😲 wtf is wrong with the dad.... 🀨
Mr. Scary

Aug 25, 2010, 9:44 PM
And they think that "damaged" is a French word.

🀣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.