Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

1 Out of 3 Customers

sprintchickwv

Aug 10, 2010, 5:34 PM
...will lose or damage their phone in the first year, according to our automated system.

😳 How do people do it? I've had only one phone mess up, which was my iPhone, and that wasn't any user error, it was a manufacturing problem. My warranty would've covered it, if my idiot stepdad hadn't dismantled it in an attempt to "fix" it.

I wonder if some people like to play catch with their phone, or go swimming with it or something.
DartStuticus

Aug 10, 2010, 5:41 PM
spoken to our customers right?
sprintchickwv

Aug 10, 2010, 5:59 PM
Yeah, but they always say "I only dropped it about 2 feet and it landed on the carpet!"
DartStuticus

Aug 10, 2010, 6:42 PM
.... good song 😳 ummm 👀
that? I usually get the; I dinit do nuttin tuhs it, it just queet werken.
Poking Pixie

Aug 10, 2010, 7:18 PM
They lie! There's an app that encourages people to throw their iphones as high as they can in the air and then scores them on it. 🤣
serendair

Aug 11, 2010, 1:30 PM
...are you serious Pixie?

Well, now we know how iphones stay on the market. 🤣
Poking Pixie

Aug 11, 2010, 6:33 PM
I'm totally serious.
Amarantamin

Aug 11, 2010, 1:36 PM
😳
🤣
nightmare_angel

Aug 11, 2010, 5:32 PM
Okay the customer says I dropped the phone on carpet.

In reality what really happend.

Dumb cx: Dude you can use my phone *throws phone across room*

Dumb cx friend: Dude sorry I didn't catch that whoa man it looks like your phones broke.

Dumb cx: Oh it's cool dude they'll replace it for me I have insurance or I can try to replace it under warranty, They are so stupid they wont know the differance.
ochne

Aug 11, 2010, 5:22 PM
THE TRUTH do you? Why would they admit they played drunken football in the parking lot of Wal-mart one night and used the phone for a ball because they didn't want to risk bursting a can of the precious Milwaukee's Best that they bought earlier that day for $6.00 a case, especially since the phone company should be responsible for them being given a phone in the first place. Just ask them, they'll tell you the phone company needs to GIVE them a FREE (and NEW) replacement phone.
sweetlucky

Aug 13, 2010, 3:19 PM
lol so true i hear that every day I WANT A NEW PHONE FOR FREE WITH NO CONTRACT OR NO DEDUCABLE 😲
phyxlor

Aug 14, 2010, 11:42 AM
I have accidentally droped my G1 on the asphalt a few times, i ride a motorcycle and its gotten rained on/wet, its been through a bit and held up well. finally the track ball messd up, got a new one(under manfact warrenty). a weeklater i went to put it in my pocket (LITTERALLY 30 inches above the ground) droped it in plush carpet and the screen broke!! so im open to almost any story on damage...
krickt

Aug 16, 2010, 4:57 PM
Lol.
I have a group of customers (tweeny boppers) who think that you should be able to drop a touch screen phone X number of times before it breaks.

I always tell them that it only takes once if you do it right the first time. Sounds as if you are gifted!
k
wdfichtel

Aug 11, 2010, 2:05 PM
Since I've had T-Mobile, I've never had a problem with my CLIQ. But I carry full insurance because I know how accident prone I've been... it's a good thing for me that Virgin Mobile prepaid phones are cheap. One phone was in my front pocket while I was playing air hockey at Dave & Busters. I leaned forward to take a shot, and broke the screen against the table. I had a flip phone that I left in my pants pocket on the floor and I steped on it. Another one was dropped in the parking lot at work during a rain storm... my friend was recently shoved into a pool at a family reunion with his shoes on and his Droid in his pocket (I've had a lot of similar stories in tech care - it is summer after all!)... there are a lot of ways to destroy a phone.....
(continues)
sprintchickwv

Aug 11, 2010, 6:03 PM
the answer to my question was, unanimously, "customers are idiots and then they lie about it." 🤣
vidiot76

Aug 11, 2010, 11:53 PM
True.
Vosberg1

Aug 16, 2010, 10:37 AM
I have seen the rements of a Treo 650 when the screen got hit by copper pipe (the guy was a plumber), the same guy got a V3 drowned in water (at 100 + PSI - water main broke while he was standing in front of it) I have seen a LG that was flushed, a Panteck C150 that got ran over, Another V3 that was painted in auto paint, and one that was burned in a fire.

Now, my phones, the only one that SHOULD of gone to insurance:
My old ATT Wireless Sony Ericson T19LX -
1. Thrown off a two story balcony by my sister twice, onto concrete. (her fault)
2. Duncked in used motor oil (all the way) (my fault)
3. Submerged in water (my fault)
3. Burned in an apartment fire (roommates fault)

Fact:
That phone is STILL in the glove box of the truck a...
(continues)
sprintchickwv

Aug 16, 2010, 2:23 PM
seem to be almost indestructible. Motorola, in particular, is really good at making phones that you can drop, throw, drown, catch on fire, run over, etc., without losing functionality.
mindflux

Aug 17, 2010, 1:46 PM
basically you need to cryogenically freeze it or blow it up

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.