Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

AT&T reps, quick question about giving out info.

Ask The Shack

Aug 9, 2010, 8:25 AM
Simple question. A guy calls in needing the phone number to AT&Ts legal department. Can you give it out?

If not, why?

Fallow up question. How hard is it to find the information?

Thanks!
dntbhatin

Aug 9, 2010, 8:39 AM
why wouldn't you be able to give it out...if you can't find it make one up they probably wouldn't call it anyway
Ask The Shack

Aug 9, 2010, 9:00 AM
dntbhatin said:
why wouldn't you be able to give it out...if you can't find it make one up they probably wouldn't call it anyway

Classic example why AT&T customer serivce is in the toilet.

I'd appreciate another, more legit responce to the question above.
Arjuun

Aug 9, 2010, 9:42 AM
yes they can give out corprate securty or legal dept nubmer but its a autodilar system and its not hard to find if the rep knows where to look for it
Ask The Shack

Aug 9, 2010, 9:56 AM
Thanks for the reply.

This guy from India or the Philippines apparently didn't think so. You'd think that the legal department would sue him if he gave out the number. The guy was using every excuse under the sun not to give it to me.

First he couldn't find it, then he could find it but only lawyers could speak to them, then he could transfer me to them but I couldn't know the number and a few other excuses that I won't cover.

I submitted a complaint to the BBB and wrote a letter to the president of AT&T about this. Hopefully this rep and others like him will get proper training in the future about this.
deepc

Aug 9, 2010, 10:38 AM
I believe that the reason that they are hesitant to provide the number for the legal department is that most issues that customers believe should be handled at legal can be handled through customer care or retention.

If all of the people who had complaints tried to contact the legal department, they would be overwhelmed. I'm sure that someone who seems to be as intelligent as yourself can understand that common complaints shouldn't be filed through legal.
Ask The Shack

Aug 9, 2010, 11:04 AM
I understand but I wasn't trying to file a complaint. I don't even have service with AT&T. I needed to get in contact with them, because I wanted to know how file a subpoena to get information about a subscriber that I'm trying to sue.

Unless you guys know of a better way.

The rep kept me on the phone for 50 minutes after I explained what the issue was, then he just kept on giving me BS answer after BS answer.

I just wanted to know if he was correct or not and it appears he was wrong.
rainbow_metals

Aug 11, 2010, 5:42 PM
just to let you know the best person to speak to about how to file a subpeona is the police or a lawyer since that is how a subpeona is filed, a companies legal dept can tell you that but cant do it for you. Why not just skip that step and ask someone in the legal system instead of calling the company? just my common sense there.
Ask The Shack

Aug 11, 2010, 10:02 PM
You goina pay for my lawyer?

Oh, you're not? Then I guess I godda do it myself then....
deepc

Aug 12, 2010, 11:06 AM
Many lawyers/law officers are happy to provide free advice regarding scenarios like this.

I'm fairly confident that the last people that would assist you in this information would be the legal offices of a company.
sinister

Aug 9, 2010, 1:53 PM
no we can't give it out & yes it is an autodialer response system & if you are caught giving it out, it's a write up. there is a contact us link at the at&t website, which we have to refer the customer to if they are seeking to complain.

why? don't know, ask corporate.
sinister

Aug 9, 2010, 1:56 PM
p.s. wrong? i think not...all the responses you have received EXCEPT mine have been from NON AT&T employees 😁
Ask The Shack

Aug 10, 2010, 8:10 AM
But you're able to transfer to them, right?
iljaaf21

Aug 10, 2010, 12:56 PM
Wow, way to make AT&T look like a bunch of asses. I hope you don't actully give your customers false information. 😳

Shack, you can always find a call list on MyCSP. You should have access to it. If not, be honest and let your customer know you don't have it, but send them to customer care. 1-800-331-0500. They'll be able to provide the customer with the information they need.
Ask The Shack

Aug 10, 2010, 12:00 PM
Fallow up - I spoke to someone at corporate, and the rep that I delt with has since been let go. They're going to fallow up on his supervisor about the issue and possibly do retraining.
Poking Pixie

Aug 10, 2010, 12:46 PM
I don't know about him or any other AT&T rep, but I personally don't have access to that number.
llama

Aug 12, 2010, 11:32 AM
http://www.docdroppers.org/wiki/index.php?title=AT%2 ... »

Legal Department (800) 635 6840
option 1 If any law enforcement official calls in and needs our Legal
Dept., Court Ordered Subpoena, or Search Warrants. Fax is: (800) 938-4715.
Or by mail to: Custodian of Records, AT&T Wireless Services, PO Box
24679,West Palm Beach FL 33416.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.