Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

phone deleting text messages

maverick218

Aug 4, 2010, 3:40 PM
Hey Guys,
Hope someone can help with this (I've never ran across it before).
I have a customer who has a pantech matrix and she told me that her phone just started deleting text messages on it's own. She says that she hasn't changed any settings (I couldn't find any anyway)on the phone.
Has anyone ran across this issue before, and if so do you have a cause and a remedy?
Thanks
wdfichtel

Aug 5, 2010, 8:25 AM
Happens all the time with the Blackberry Pearls - it comes down to a low memory issue. Too many pics/contacts/email/etc on the handheld, and so it begins deleting non-critical files, beginning with SMS messages and call logs. Might be a similar issue...
maverick218

Aug 5, 2010, 8:30 AM
That makes sense- obviously hadn't thought of that. Thanks for replying.
famoussasjohn

Aug 5, 2010, 8:31 AM
ya the send and receive messages may be full, so it removes the oldest text messages. my only LG Voyager used to do that when I had too many messages in the inbox. she may be able to lock the important messages and that will keep those messages from being deleted.
maverick218

Aug 5, 2010, 9:30 AM
Cool, Thanks
slolearner

Aug 6, 2010, 6:02 PM
Some phones will also wipe the messages when the SIM card is changed. Just a heads up if you're ever doing a SIM replacement and the customer has SMS/MMS they want to keep!
BlackWingedDiVa

Aug 5, 2010, 9:07 AM
Whereas you are correct on other phones doing that, the BB Pearl has a known software issue that causes the phone to do that. There is a new software version out there that corrects the problem.

Now if the customer has a phone that has the SD slot on it and actually has a memory card in there then that wouldn't be an issue either because the media would be stored onto that. It could quite possibly be a software glich. Especially if she has done any software upgrades the download may not have finished thus causing errors with the phone.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.