Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Why do customers think

kittie

Aug 4, 2010, 9:18 AM
..that they can place an order online or over the phone, then be able to go over a nearest store and pick up their order?

Since when did that become possible?!

It's clearly indicated on the website that the Phone will be SHIPPED within 2-5 business days. It doesn't say anything about being able to pick up the package at a store, does it?

If you need the phone like TODAY, then don't bother calling! Just go out there, and waste some other reps time! Oh and what was your question again: "Is this Web Special available at a retail store?"

What does WEB SPECIAL mean to you, anyway?

First call. First headache. Wow, this day is looking up.
joeybuschette

Aug 4, 2010, 9:29 AM
I just had a lady who just got her phone and was told sales would get her another one. But she dosen't even have $75 off until December. I explain this to her and she said that can not be right. I was told by the last person who would take care of me. Why can't you do your job? Really? I'm not the one lying to you just to get you off my phone. Now she wants to cancel since her phone is a pos and I can't help her. Have great day and thanks a lot Customer Care for loosing another one!! đŸ‘ŋ
kittie

Aug 4, 2010, 9:42 AM
Well, *some care reps lie (*I know some care reps are still doing their job right)..

But remember, customers lie too. 'I've been told this by this rep..' just to get what they want. Sometimes, they even get away with those lies. All they need to do is threaten to cancel. Then, Retentions will take care of the matter. Sometimes I wish Retentions wouldn't baby them too much. Let them cancel! We don't need abusive, lying customers..

Sigh. In this job, it's getting harder to trust people. ☚ī¸
joeybuschette

Aug 4, 2010, 9:55 AM
I have always been the trusting type. People are good people normally. There are very few people that are not worth the breath of life but most are. I just wish they would train them,make sure they are up to date on everything and then get people who speak English to do the job. Not people who just hear what they "think" and then transfer them to sales to do everything,like a chage of lilability
serendair

Aug 5, 2010, 3:31 PM
Listen to your gut feeling when on a call and review some history with the customer as well via notes on the account and their payment history, back balance, etc.

You'd be surprised how much BS people get away with by insisting that somoeone promised... and then the notes say otherwise and you didn't check.

It's fun catching the liars though, Retention can handle them and do what they'd like; I'm just the messenger. =)
slolearner

Aug 6, 2010, 5:59 PM
serendair said:
review some history with the customer as well via notes on the account

Notes are your friend! For example, customer came in and said Customer Care had said they would waive the fee on their upgrade. Checked the account notes, and near the top was a note saying that the customer was told NO waiving would be done and they hung up.

On the flipside of this, if you know a customer is lying, or trying to work the system to their advantage, notate the account as well. Help out other reps!
sinister

Aug 8, 2010, 11:49 AM
lmao are you really that gullible? you seriously think that the customer tells the truth?

i've found there are four things that a customer will lie, cheat & steal for...

1. money

2. sex

3. food

drum roll...bbbbrrrrrupppp...

4. their cell phone

instead of playin the blame game (which yes yes i've played..taking my own advice thanks) but instead of playin the blame game, how about you take it at face value

the customer is a vulgar

filthy

LIAR!!

if it means they will get a free cell phone or gratify their need for instant gratification to get what they're looking at at that very moment?

they will do & say anything & everything necessary to fulfill that need.
newral

Aug 5, 2010, 4:59 PM
In the company I am it says the same.. WEB SPECIAL.. and I went to store yesterday and says STORE special and was the same price.. is not that bad to ask if is same price...
kittie

Aug 8, 2010, 9:36 AM
newral said:
is not that bad to ask if is same price...

Point taken.

With my experiences so far, the corporate stores could never match the web special pricing. Store reps usually call Telesales for that.. and we'd be more than glad to honor the web special if the customer would place the order thru us... 😁
Mr. Scary

Aug 9, 2010, 3:16 PM
Gee, the carrier I work for offers store pickup for web orders. Not a huge shock.

I also did the same recently with a DVD purchase at Barnes & Noble. Reserved the title online, picked up the DVD a couple days later.

I don't get what the problem is. If the carrier you work for doesn't offer it, that's a drawback.
kittie

Aug 10, 2010, 8:22 AM
Mr. Scary said:
I don't get what the problem is. If the carrier you work for doesn't offer it, that's a drawback.

Yes it is a big disadvantage . Especially for our sales goal. đŸ˜ĸ
Researcher

Aug 10, 2010, 3:15 PM
Ah! Your logic is flawed! You believe customers "think"!! 😎 😉

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.