Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Customers magic words

cuckingcrazy

Aug 2, 2010, 4:31 PM
Its funny when a customer comes in the store and say I want my free upgrade to a droid 🤣

What famous magic words do your customers use to get what they want?
island4prez

Aug 2, 2010, 4:35 PM
I had a new act customer saying I told them I would give them any phone for free!

Let me just discount that so I don't make any money off this sale just for you because your the special customer of the day!
ubngaw

Aug 2, 2010, 6:12 PM
i would tell them that all droid phones are not available or out of stock 🤣
island4prez

Aug 2, 2010, 6:15 PM
If I worked at Verizon I would tell them we had the DROID but I work for Sprint and we carry ANDROID phones. I correct customers all the time and they get so confused!!
RobbieJnn

Aug 2, 2010, 7:03 PM
island4prez said:
If I worked at Verizon I would tell them we had the DROID but I work for Sprint and we carry ANDROID phones. I correct customers all the time and they get so confused!!

lol i have to explain the same exact thing to customers coming into att. moost of the time they still have no clue what im talking about. they just want the 'droid' they see on tv, which they usually end up with a different android phone since they cant tell the difference in the first place.
RavenSkyhawk

Aug 2, 2010, 6:23 PM
I had a customer today disputing overage charges for a canceled account. She had used 600 minutes while on a 300 minute ancient Zeus plan that included nothing. He response to my research explanation was.... and I quote.

"But I have an Iphone!"
I was stunned, shocked and amazed... I work for sprint. I started to tell her the iphone purchase has no bearing on this situation when she clarified....
"I left sprint and bought an Iphone, don't you want me to come back?"
No I don't, stay gone. Good riddance. If giving you credit would make you stay away I would be tempted. AT&T, I'm sorry you got one of our losers.
slolearner

Aug 3, 2010, 11:56 AM
We can trade.

I had a customer ask why I didn't have a "4G" phone to sell her. I tried to explain the basics of WiMax and HSPA to her, which involved a fanciful metaphor using trains and tunnels, as well as a drawing. Finally, I gave up and told her about the iPhone FOUR, which she latched onto like cat hair on my work clothes.

I can't help feeling like she had no business even looking for a 'smart' phone.
RavenSkyhawk

Aug 3, 2010, 6:35 PM
My #1 Rule, be smarter than you phone.
kittie

Aug 3, 2010, 6:57 AM
Magic words?! I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet:

"I've been with you guys for years, I'ma loyal customer, I pay my bills on time! I deserve to be treated right! Give me this phone free, this credit, that phone, etc etc etc etc........" 👿
sprintchickwv

Aug 3, 2010, 2:33 PM
I hate hearing that ish. It's like "I go to Kroger pretty much every night, do I deserve to get free stuff from them? No!"

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.