Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Have You Ever...

PrettyInPink817

Jul 25, 2010, 12:05 PM
Had a customer that called in and has nothing to do with your dept and they keep talking and you informed them multiple times that u will have to transfer them to the right dept for them to get assistance and they just keep talking and insist that you can help them with their issue. Then they insist on speaking with your manager. Your manager gets on the phone and tells them the same thing u just told them and they finally actually listen?
famoussasjohn

Jul 25, 2010, 12:10 PM
yep..going through it right now with a stupid Radio Shack employee with an order they placed with Radio shacks website or 3rd party site for employees, and now she says "ill call my sprint rep to see if she can help me" No, Sprint CANNOT help you! radio shack was supposedly having a deal with a free phone for 2 days and everyone and their mother have contacted us to track the order, yet we cant help them. i keep telling them to refer to the email that they received for the confirmation of their order or refer to the original point of sale, yet they keep talking to us. 👿
PrettyInPink817

Jul 25, 2010, 12:17 PM
yes its like if we didn't sell the phone to u through our dept don't u think u should speak to the person u placed the order with if u can actually see them in person not over the phone. especially if it wasn't at a att store, those third party vendors really mess with ppl. I get so aggravated when customers call in and say i just ordered a phone with radio shack and i look at their account and it is all messed up.
deepc

Jul 25, 2010, 12:44 PM
I just finished a similar call.

The customer was at the Radio Shack store and when the rep at the store entered the order, she fat fingered and put in the wrong type of plan. Now the phone isn't discounted for the customer and the rep is insisting that it's all our fault that the customer has to pay full price for the phone.

I've actually been able to talk customers into walking out of the store in the past and placing a new order with me to save them the hassles of dealing with Radio Shack.
wyckdkitty

Jul 27, 2010, 6:22 PM
I love pointing out those special terms for the 3rd party sites... 😈 😈

IE:

By accepting this Instant Savings Discount, you agree to repay $200 of this discount ($300 for smartphones and netbooks) and authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of this amount if, during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, your wireless carrier notifies us that the services you purchased have been suspended, disconnected, or deactivated, or if you return your purchase outside of the return and exchange provisions of our 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee.

and the best part .......
You transfer this equipment to another carrier line of service after it is activated

You change your rate plan to a lower month...
(continues)
famoussasjohn

Jul 25, 2010, 12:47 PM
🤣 yep! gotta love those 3rd party reps make mistake and mistake, and then say, well care can fix that, or send them to a total incorrect department.
i hate when people come and chat with me and say " i purchased my phone from best buy, and i need to return it" i wish i could flat out say, well go to best buy, they will be more willing to assist you as you are chatting with a rep that cant support you or your request. and close the chat on them. but no, company policy says we have to access their account, and then tell them we cant help them, rather dumb to go through the hassle of authenticating them, and then telling me to go away.
purplelotus

Jul 25, 2010, 1:25 PM
That's the thing about customers... they don't care what the rep says because they get conflicting information from reps they've talked to that are veteran and ones they've talked to that are two days out of training. 🤣

I used to do floor support for reps who were new and had questions (basically didn't know how to check their resources and read M&P's), and the things I heard when they were on the phones made me 🙄. It's just funny.
sinister

Jul 28, 2010, 11:11 AM
shoot that applies to any situation...ill tell these putzes somethin, they'll start throwin a fit & request a manager. the manager will tell them the EXACT SAME THING and they'll be sweet as pie & act like i didn't just tell them that!! 👿

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.