Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Outsourced Call Centers are funny

Menno

Jul 17, 2010, 4:52 PM
Not international call centers so much as call centers that handle more than Verizon traffic.

My mother has a data block on her account, but she wanted to create a back up of her contacts using backup assistant. So we call in on her cellphone (my mistake) and ask them to remove the block.

The rep instructs us to download the file while he waits to re-apply it. I explain that we're calling in from the line in question.

his response? "You mean you can't download an app while talking?"

It was an interesting conversation. 👀
Butthead007

Jul 17, 2010, 6:01 PM
Oh, the stories I could tell you..... 🤣
sinister

Jul 18, 2010, 8:59 AM
lol was there sarcasm in his voice? like, you mean you can't d/l an app while you're on an active phone call? nooooooo....couldn't be 😳
Menno

Jul 20, 2010, 9:49 AM
Nope, he was honestly confused.
purplelotus

Jul 18, 2010, 2:28 PM
You'd be able to if you were on 4G! OHHHH SNAP! 😲
purplelotus

Jul 18, 2010, 2:31 PM
I used to work for an outsourced call center for Verizon... yeah, it sucked. Yeah, they were a last chance employer (not for me, but for some of the crazies, it was!). Yeah, I got a lot of flack for working there, but I definitely knew how to do my job. I was a supervisor for almost 2 years of the 3 that I woroked there... and I did it well.

I know the difference between CDMA and GSM networks... I just don't understand how companies can complain at their barely trained reps because they didn't get the JDP award for best customer service or FCR that year. 🙄 It's their own effin fault!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.