Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 48 replies

*Smart* People

Dark_Rayne

Apr 19, 2005, 10:03 PM
Have any of you had a customer that had problems with using their phone and called you thinking that since you work for the cell phone company that you know EVERY feature on EVERY phone and how to use it.... I hate it when I tell them to hold on and I will look it up and they get angry cause I don't know the exact setup for the phone they have.....Im not sure if the phone they have is the right or left soft key to select a certain option....and whats worse is when you ask them what type of phone it is and they say the brand name only like "Motorola" or "Nokia" and not the device number...I know its asking a lot but if you just got it you should be able to remember for at least a little while.....Anyone else had problems like this?? 🙄
Phydeaux

Apr 20, 2005, 11:34 AM
The computer industry is just like this. The cell shop I work in is in a RadioShack/Furniture Store combo, and have to field questions from people that, after running a repair shop for 5 years before doing this, and working as a contractor for indie Mac shops, still blow my mind.

Like for example, I [i]knew[/i] what a lady was asking for, a power cable. But she was being a rude little &)*(&^&*^, so when was saying "it's a black cable! on the right on the back of the modem {note: another pet peeve of mine}" I began to try to help until she said "duh!", so then I let her have it. If some hick trash wants to "duh" me after X amount of years of college education and years and years of field work, I'm going to call her on her lack of intellige...
(continues)
GWFOX

Apr 22, 2005, 9:44 AM
I love stupid customers.

We had one come in the other day that my employee had to deal with.

Customer signed his agreement form and put in "I have not been presented with any form of rate plan or customer agreement. I have only received this page and the page before it."

Of course we showed him the words CUSTOMER AGREEMENT FORM on the sheet BEFORE the moron signed it. We also showed him where his rate plan was on the form.

Idiotic customer. I should be allowed to get out the idiot bat and hit him with it.
hishkebibble

Apr 22, 2005, 11:24 AM
just got one..."when be ya'lls chirp phone come out??"" 😳 😳

WOW!! English major are ya??
justpeachy

Apr 22, 2005, 11:28 AM
....wow. Just wow
hishkebibble

Apr 22, 2005, 11:31 AM
yeah.
sorry i don't speak freaky deaky ebonics
'
everman

May 5, 2005, 3:45 PM
I love thinly veiled racism
DarkStar

May 25, 2005, 7:05 PM
ummm. Racism??? what was racist?
lil_lara

Jun 29, 2005, 4:18 PM
oh please don't start fighting this is a fun thread
dazza

May 21, 2005, 8:35 PM
Guy comes in and says he needs a car charger for his phone. I ask him what kind he says, he dumbly says "Cingular." Duh. I proceed to ask him what KIND of Cingular phone, he looks at my Moto v551, and says it looks kind of like that. Then he hears Nokia and insists it's a Nokia. He's sure it's a Nokia and I hand him the charger, he says that's not the right plug. So.... I tell him it would be best for him to bring it in, when he comes by later with his phone,...it's a SE z500.

Guess I didn't realize how much the z500 looks like a v551 😁
everman

May 26, 2005, 6:34 PM
if you dont know then you probably wouldnt agree. If you dont agree, then I would waste time responding.
However since I do have a little time to waste I will tell you this. I have made a few posts like that before, and the comments are racist underneath the jokes.
I dont care about your feelings on race or theirs.
I am just making a comment.
Much like "i am done"
AVIOUS2001

Jul 28, 2005, 4:34 PM
In that situation I just pass up on the sale, I tell them to bring me the phone to avois all the hassle of having to refund later when it turns out being the wrong chager.
lil_lara

Jun 29, 2005, 4:18 PM
I want an idiot bat... I'd get alot of exercise. My family also owns a pet store.. now you want an idiot farm? thats it!
Darth_Ix

May 5, 2005, 1:50 PM
It really butters my bread when you ask them what kind of phone they have and they say the name of the wireless carrier.

Me: What kind of phone is it?

Customer: A verizon Phone.

Me: I understand that, who made the phone?

Customer: I Thought Verizon made the phone

Me: No, Verizon provides the service. There are a number of different manufactures of phones. Does it say anywhere the manufacturers name?

Customer: It says Verizon right here.
everman

May 5, 2005, 3:47 PM
I really hate people who think they are smarter than me. Or at least better informed about everything.
I love em so.
repster

Jun 25, 2005, 8:22 PM
I am tired of intolorant tolorant people...(if that is how tolorant is spelled)
skydiving_carerep

Jul 23, 2005, 8:13 PM
I have absolutely no idea, but that doesn't look right... and HERE HERE!
bluesnot

Jul 23, 2005, 9:26 PM
tolerant
Ever have a question, check dictionary.com.
I can even access it from behind the firewalls here.
KnifeySpooney

May 27, 2005, 8:47 PM
I had one customer that kept telling me it was an AT&T Wireless phone, even after I explained that they are the service provider, not the manufacturer.

I had to explain it like this:
When someone asks you what kind of car you drive, you wouldn't tell them what brand of gasoline you put in your tank this morning. You drive a Ford or a Toyota, not Shell or Mobil.

The cusotmer started to get it, told me the phone's manufacturer (i think it was a Motorola) but then couldn't tell me the model, only saying it was a motorola.

I had to take it one step further:
It's like the model of car you drive. It's not just a Ford, it's a Taurus or an Explorer. You don't just drive a Toyota, you drive a Camry or a Tacoma.

He finally started to ...
(continues)
Dusto

Jun 17, 2005, 8:48 AM
Obviously whoever sold them the phone failed to educate them on the product and just wanted a quick sale.
KnifeySpooney

Jun 29, 2005, 1:35 PM
No, the rep would have at least said what model of phone they were selling. Some customers just don't pay any attention to what we tell them or the manual and printed material in the package.
repster

Jun 25, 2005, 8:17 PM
AAAAHHHH I HATE THAT!!!!!!!
Vatothe0

May 24, 2005, 2:46 PM
I never have this problem. Without SIM cards, the ESN of the phone shows up on the account and there's a button to take you to all the information about the phone.
Erin601

May 24, 2005, 11:32 PM
or what type of phone doyou have?
"cingular"
yes we established this when you called 611 on your phone and i answered
prince84

Jun 6, 2005, 12:36 PM
what i do is if they cant tell me what kind of phone is it or its model number, i will ask them for their phone and look at the model number.
Vox Dei

Jun 18, 2005, 12:27 PM
The trick is when they call 611 from the phone. usually the model number is underneath the battery. I've forgot a few times to ask if the customer is on the phone before i ask them to take the battery off and read me the model number then..."click"...opps
lil_lara

Jun 29, 2005, 4:35 PM
Erin601 said:
or what type of phone doyou have?
"cingular"
yes we established this when you called 611 on your phone and i answered

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
quote of the day!
jerrydock

Jun 29, 2005, 5:48 PM
Not necessarily. It could be another GSM company customer who is roaming on the Cingular network. Do you really work in wireless?
lil_lara

Jun 29, 2005, 5:59 PM
me? yes. Verizon
Chevelle

Jun 9, 2005, 4:57 PM
Customer: "I bought this phone from you a week ago and now it won't turn on!"
Me: "When did you charge it last?"
Customer: "Charge it? I didn't"

........ 😳
Vox Dei

Jun 18, 2005, 12:30 PM
had one simular

customer:"I've had this phone for 9 months. The other day it ran out of power and turned off so i charged it and now it won't turn back on"

Me:"So when you press the power button nothing comes on"

Customer (keep in mine had the phone for 9 months):"which one is the power button?" 😳

to the customers credit it was a Nokia and sometimes the button on the top is tough to find.
jamrbutl

Jun 22, 2005, 5:18 PM
Yea but 9 mos cmon 🙄
stolenhalo

Jun 23, 2005, 5:40 PM
Get this...
customer calls in cause her phone won't turn on,I begin troubleshooting,while I'm getting into Webaxe,she starts going on about how happy she is on how "enviromently friendly" we are,and proceeds to tell me that our service is the best because of this.I couldn't help but ask why....

"Well,your the only ones who use solar power for your phones."

(Me) i'm sorry,what?"

"Well,anytime I need to charge my phone I just place it on the windowsill..."

Figured out how to resolve that one REAL quick.
And can you imagine her surprise when I had her look in the box for the "cord with the plug attached?"
ultima

Jun 30, 2005, 2:31 AM
stolenhalo said:
Get this...
customer calls in cause her phone won't turn on,I begin troubleshooting,while I'm getting into Webaxe,she starts going on about how happy she is on how "enviromently friendly" we are,and proceeds to tell me that our service is the best because of this.I couldn't help but ask why....

"Well,your the only ones who use solar power for your phones."

(Me) i'm sorry,what?"

"Well,anytime I need to charge my phone I just place it on the windowsill..."

Figured out how to resolve that one REAL quick.
And can you imagine her surprise when I had her look in the box for the "cord with the plug attached?"

Thats pretty good. Today I had a lady buy a car charger from me. She came ...
(continues)
anna51

Jun 16, 2005, 5:30 PM
So, one of my first calls as a rep and a customer called me complaining of bad reception... I noticed that she had just got a new cellphone. Without thinking, I told the cust to power the phone off and turn it back on. she said ok and then the line went dead! 🤣
jkrivjansky

Jun 16, 2005, 7:59 PM
I get these all the time.

Me: The ESN is located under the battery, it's on a sticker that is on the phone.
Cust: [fumble fumble] .....
Me: Hello? Hello? For quality assurance purposes disconnecting the line no response.
Jldnr77

Jun 22, 2005, 11:10 AM
What I love is when I customer calls in, tells me what's going on, and I tell them, Ok, I can help you with that, let me get your wireless number so I can look into this for you. And the line goes silent...I've actually sat there and waited about a minute sometimes, and they won't say anything. I finally have to ask them again...Can I get your wireless phone number please??? Sheesh....
shayalon

Jun 25, 2005, 1:31 PM
"let me get your wireless phone number, so I can look into this for you" implies that you are going to take an action...ie, get their number out of your fancy computer.

if I said to you:
"let me get the ketchup, so you can put it on your hot dog" would you immediately provide me with ketchup, or would you think that I was going to get the ketchup for you?

Instead of saying that, say "Can I have your wireless phone number, please?"

It's a matter of perspective. To be a good rep, you have to look at it from the customers perspective occasionally.
geminiwireless.com

Jun 25, 2005, 1:56 PM
What a way to start your day. We have a payment machine at our location that you can pay Cricket Nextel Verizon Sprint etc bills. Well I had a lady pull up her account on the machine and procede to put a dollar in the bill excepter when it made a noise she yank her dollar back tearing it leaving half in the machine, this is unbelievable she said it scared her. We have all put a dollar in a pop machine you know the noise it makes, she got scared? Our payment machine does like 1200 payments a month and it is broke till brinks can change the cash box on monday. Then she had the gall to ask me to give her a dollar because the machine ate it. There were six people behind her that wanted to kill her.
repster

Jun 25, 2005, 8:17 PM
Someone asked me:

"When will 'chals phone be 'livered?"

I sympathized with him and asked him "What is wrong with Charles' liver?"
Jldnr77

Jun 29, 2005, 4:32 PM
I just had a guy call in because his oven wouldn't "broil". I asked him what business he was trying to get ahold of, and he told me the Sears in Louisiana....LMAO
geminiwireless.com

Jun 30, 2005, 12:43 PM
Our store is next to a auto parts store and people walk past all the accessories and phone displays and come to the counter and ask for 2 spark plugs and a oil filter. Wow
Jldnr77

Jun 30, 2005, 2:55 PM
Customer: People can't leave me voicemail. I'm supposed to have voicemail. Add voicemail to my account please.

Me: Ok..wireless number..yada yada...(see's that voicemail is on account). Have you called in to set up your voicemail yet?

Customer: Huh?
aemsafd

Jul 3, 2005, 4:44 PM
I thought this was hilarious! I am a volunteer EMT/Firefighter (see my username), and was listening to the police frequency while on duty. Police were dispatched for a woman who had an alarm going off in her trailer, but didn't have a security system. Two officers are immediately dispatched. A minute later, the dispatcher cancels them, saying the rp (reporting party) had discovered that it was her cell phone going off!

It's one thing when somebody sends you a message, and you need to come to my store to have somebody teach you how to retrieve it, but call 911 because your cell phone is ringing?!?!?!
freephones4all

Jul 23, 2005, 1:28 PM
Hmmm. Maybe they're not quite as smart as they thought they were...since they are unable to READ THE OWNERS MANUAL.
bluesnot

Jul 23, 2005, 9:50 PM
A trainer told us that he had a call a while back where a customer had dropped her phone in water.
It was her only phone, so she quickly ran and stuck it in the freezer. Well, the phone worked great! She was able to take it out of the freezer with full signal, make a call for 3-4 minutes before it started melting and dropped, and then put it back in the freezer until she needed to make another call.
She didn't have insurance, so she said she'd continue doing this until she had enough money for a new phone.
She wasn't sure what she'd do when the phone needed charging... She was just hoping she'd have enough money by then.
ubermicro

Jul 23, 2005, 9:52 PM
thats a wicked story..ive put my phone in the freezer before..haha when the battery was dead...good ol freezer
heather05

Jul 25, 2005, 10:54 AM
Last week this man come in and says "none of my keys work on my phone". I was expecting when I was taking the phone from him that the keypad was out but oh no there was some kind of substance in between each button. LOOKED a little closer and it was SUPER GLUE. Well that will do it. He said his ex-wife got mad at him last night. Just another new one to add to my list.
heather05

Jul 25, 2005, 10:41 AM
You just have to love it when they say ummm I got the silver one.. And then ask does that help.. UHH NO!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.