Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Love Customers that cant take the truth

Vosberg1

Jun 17, 2010, 4:38 PM
Funny, customer had a account in collections, and wondered why she got denied a contract...... No Payment? LOL
deepc

Jun 17, 2010, 4:45 PM
I've had the same thing on multiple occassions. A lady last week called in for new service(and of course didn't mention that her previous account was in collections).

It turned out that she owed over $2,000 and insisted that although she had no intention of paying her collections balance, we should set her up with a new line of service.

I just don't understand what people are thinking some times. Is it drugs or lack of education?
PhonemanJ

Jun 17, 2010, 4:51 PM
The ones that I love are the ones who filed for bankruptcy. The gripe if we ask for a deposit, saying something along the lines of "I thought my filing for bankruptcy took care of that". I feel like telling them that just because you had your previous debts "forgiven" that doesn't mean that we have to be stupid enough to expect to get paid this time!
SUMC_MEAD

Jun 18, 2010, 8:39 AM
Tell me about it. I had a lady wonder why she couldn't get a free phone when she had and account in collections for $800 and her pay in advance service was suppended for non payment and she wondered why she couldn't get a free phone.
viper27

Jun 18, 2010, 8:43 AM
I ran credit for a guy the other day and he had 2 accounts with us (different SSN's)... he was pissed when i told him that both accounts were in write off and on one he owed $800 and the other he owed $ 1300 and was pissed because he couldnt get a phone that day...
SUMC_MEAD

Jun 18, 2010, 8:51 AM
The people that always want the most expensive phone and everything else for free I found usually owe money or have bad credit
kittie

Jun 22, 2010, 1:08 PM
They also think that just because the account has been closed for years, means that they can get away with the balance that they owed before. Wrong!

And the most pathetic attempt to get away with it is claiming identity theft, that someone else set up that account for them and when I told them I'll connect them to fraud..poof! They disappear from the line. Ughh?
Vosberg1

Jun 22, 2010, 1:22 PM
LOL, yeah, i understand that one as well. I think that the best one is that i had told a customer that they owed money(it was about 200 $ for Cingular Wireless - (this was back a few years)) and the cust escalated on me, on my sup, and on her sup, thinking that just getting a "higher manager" on the line would get her out of the bill. Turns out, not only did the account go to the OCA, but the bill became 650 $ because of the ETF. The Regional Manager that she talked with told her "not one chance am i crediting your account, and if you call in and ask for a sup again, i am placing notes on the account that you are to be denied a sup unless there is a good reason" Needless to say, she did not call in again....
rainbow_metals

Jun 22, 2010, 1:53 PM
with sprint, if a customers account is closed and they are claiming identity theft, there is an affadavit that they have to fill out and sent in that is about 10 pages long. The information is very detailed like who they think may have done it, what other proof they have for it like police reports or other bills that have been incurred. if i was lying i wouldn't even bother.
kittie

Jun 22, 2010, 2:36 PM
Right, it's a long process. That's why upon hearing what they owe the company, they hang-up. Gone. 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.