Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

No Sir

kentbrockman

Jun 16, 2010, 11:30 AM
Cust "My phone keeps shutting off when I hit the buttons on the front"

Me " Alright let me look at it and we will pull up your account too to see what your options are"

Cust " It is less than a year old"

Me "Ok (Inspecting phone)...do you know if you have insurance on this phone?"

Cust " No we don't but it should have a warranty right?"

Me "Yes, however this phone has obviously been chewed on by a large animal, which is not covered by the warranty"

Cust " Yeah but you know accidents happen to these phones"

Me " Yup and that is what insurance covers"
MexicanJumpingBean

Jun 16, 2010, 11:45 AM
OMG. I love people who don't understand what freaking warranties cover...
wdfichtel

Jun 21, 2010, 10:50 AM
No kidding .just check out the Asurion T&C:

B. EXCLUSIONS
1. This insurance does not apply to loss or damage caused directly or
indirectly by any of the following:
a. Governmental Authority
Seizure or destruction of property by order of governmental authority.
b. Nuclear Hazard
Nuclear reaction or radiation, or radioactive contamination, however
caused. If physical loss or damage by fire ensues, we will pay only for such
ensuing loss or damage
c. War
(1) War, including undeclared or civil war;
(2) Warlike action by a military force; or
(3) Insurrection, rebellion, revolution, usurped power or action taken by
governmental authority in hindering or defending against any of these.
Da_Bonehead

Jun 21, 2010, 12:47 PM
That is a pretty standard clause. you should find that also in your auto and home policy
rlpinca

Jun 16, 2010, 12:50 PM
It's not just phone warranties that people don't understand.

Car warranties are even worse. Flat tires, stains on seats from melted crayons, scratches, and overheating because the car had been sitting in a parking lot for over an hour with the ac on when it's 100+ outside(yup, the computer stores that stuff) are some of the more memorable warranty arguments that got people sent to the service manager.
longsleeves

Jun 16, 2010, 12:53 PM
If it was a capibara(sp) that chewed it would it be covered?
ATTDRONEV2.5

Jun 16, 2010, 2:47 PM
😳 😲 👀 🤣
iljaaf21

Jun 16, 2010, 3:51 PM
I had a customer come in yesterday and knew he had the insurance for his liquid damaged phone. When I told him all he had to do call the number I was about to give him and they would send him out the replacement for a $50 deductible. His response was 'What good is it to pay for the insurance when they're gonna charge me $50 to get the new phone anyway?' Um... that's what insurance is, dude. I can't believe how many people don't understand that.
sinister

Jun 16, 2010, 3:55 PM
what's absolutely amazin is the ones that "say out of warranty? i pay 4.99 a month for that!" 😳
Vosberg1

Jun 16, 2010, 4:50 PM
Oh, and i love it when they say, but if i pay the dectable they send out a referbished device. Duh! Read the T&C's about what Asurion covers. Just like covering your car, replacement.... And, by the way, the devices threw Asurion are "factory reconditioned" Melted down, and rebuilt......
iljaaf21

Jun 16, 2010, 6:17 PM
I get customers complaing all the time that they don't want to do the insurance claim because they don't want a phone that was used by someone else. Yet they don't mind buying one from eBay or Amazon. 👀
Da_Bonehead

Jun 16, 2010, 6:41 PM
That one kills me. Then they are told it is unlocked for all carriers and they bring it in to activate and it doesn't have the correct firmware in the phone. and not ven a phone we carried.
80dollarcarcharger

Jun 17, 2010, 3:01 PM
I work at tmobile and a customer was mad that I couldn't replace his Iphone... 😳 . He had no insurance and a phone sold by another carrier and still felt that I should bail him out.
Vosberg1

Jun 17, 2010, 4:37 PM
Funny, cust could just know that the iPhone is not carried by T-Mobile....
kittie

Jun 16, 2010, 4:37 PM
Customers are having a hard time understanding something if there's a charge associated to it.. Tell them it's free, and they would say yes to almost anything, no questions asked.
ochne

Jun 16, 2010, 5:23 PM
I bet if you tell them they could get a "free" phone, it would just require them to work for the carrier UNPAID for 100 hours, they would think they were getting a deal....until they got told by someone with half a brain (or a 5 year old, they seem to have a better grip on things than most customers) that they basically paid for it
Mrs.unstoppable832

Jun 17, 2010, 8:49 AM
I swear I spend abt 10 mins on every call, explaining to ppl what the difference is between, insurance and warranty!!! If you have ANY type of damage, you need to file a claim. No it doesn't matter if the phone was acting up before it was damaged. 😈
wildscent

Jun 21, 2010, 9:24 AM
i got a customer earlier calling about her insurance and dnt want to pay a deductible, explain the policy of asurion and she just hang up, i review the notes on her account she called in 8 times since yesterday and she was told the same info...

she just keep on calling back to see if somebody would waive deductible for her.. 😳 😳 😳 😳
Da_Bonehead

Jun 21, 2010, 12:50 PM
That always kills me. People say "Oh my phone was doing that before I dropped it in the toilet." I say "You should've brought it in, we would have took care of that for you".
Vosberg1

Jun 21, 2010, 1:07 PM
Ahh, but now you have to use you insurance. And then they get mad about the dectable. Classic...
Da_Bonehead

Jun 21, 2010, 1:27 PM
It seems they try to find a loophole to paying the deductible by stating that the issue they are trying to resolve had happend befor the phone was damaged.
wildscent

Jun 21, 2010, 2:26 PM
😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 👀 👀

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.