Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

I broke my phone you better give me a new phone now

sweetlucky

Jun 15, 2010, 4:28 PM
👿 or im cancling my account, why you just purchased that phone and didnt wnat to put insurance on it? like 2 months ago, just pay the etf and shut up
im sick of stupid people today
rlpinca

Jun 15, 2010, 4:34 PM
Today????

It's an every day ordeal man.

People are stupid when it comes to cell phones.
This_Troper

Jun 15, 2010, 4:44 PM
I had a call from an EVO user that LOST HIS PHONE 2 days after purchase, and found it in a puddle. No insurance. That was fun.
rlpinca

Jun 15, 2010, 5:04 PM
You have to wonder about some people. It's a delicate piece of sophisticated electronic equipment that just a few years ago was impossible to create. Then people drop them, toss them around, leave them in their pockets when they jump in the pool, etc...
Da_Bonehead

Jun 15, 2010, 6:36 PM
Yeah. Most of the Higher end phones like the Android or i-Phone cost as much as a laptop and these people will not be caught dead using their laptop in the rain, shower or dropping, tossing it to someone.
retrocool

Jun 15, 2010, 10:34 PM
Speaking of laptops, I saw a guy carrying his laptop with a USB data card in the USB port, walking out of a restaurant, holding the laptop by one of the corner, with the screen open, like he just couldn't be bothered to close the screen to walk between the table and his car.

It's like, you don't realize that's an expensive piece of equipment, do you?
Da_Bonehead

Jun 16, 2010, 9:55 AM
What it boils down to is the Subsidy given to people for renewing or signing a contract.
I had a Customer, not the account holder, come in to my store 1 day after getting her phone stating it did not work. I opened the battery door and water poured out. I told her she would have to replace the phone by buying a new on or filing an insurance claim. She did not want to get Daddy mad at her because she dropped it in a bucket of water while washing her car, so she said she would just buy a new on. I told her a new one would be $250. She stated that i should only be $49.95, what her dad paid for it. After I explained that was the introductory price, she went home and broke the news to daddy.
kittie

Jun 15, 2010, 5:11 PM
Even if they did put insurance on the phone, they would still be mad because of the Deductible fee and they would still threaten to cancel because 'this carrier can give me this phone that phone for free..' Yeah go ahead, sign up with another provider and what if they lose the phone again after a few months, they're not eligible for discounts and don't want to pay the deductible again (bear in mind, Asurion is the insurance company for most cellphone carriers)? Will they cancel and go with another provider again, run new credit, set up new account? It doesn't make sense. Just shut up, either pay full price for the phone, pay the deductible or get a used phone from a pawnshop or something!

Customers has minds of their own but they d...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.