Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

do not call sign up for cell phones

NEPats726420

Jun 9, 2010, 12:03 PM
REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month.

REMINDER...... all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies.

You may start to receive sales calls.

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:

1- 888-382-1222

It is the National DO NOT CALL list It will only take a minute of your time.
It blocks your number for five (5) years.

You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked.

You cannot call from a different number or it won’t work.
KriisCDW

Jun 9, 2010, 1:32 PM
More about this? haven't heard anything about cell phone numbers going "public" before this...

Mostly, verification that this number is honest?

It's like signing up for "no-spam" list... only to have that list given to spammers who use that list to send spam... ya know what i mean?
wdfichtel

Jun 9, 2010, 1:53 PM
I can independantly verify that the number is legit. As an alternative, you can go to donotcall.gov and register. These are resources that my call center has listed to give to customers.

However, the numbers going public, AFAIK, is a myth...
rlpinca

Jun 9, 2010, 2:10 PM
Yup, just like yahoo messenger becoming a pay service if a message doesn't get forwarded and my homie's nigerian cousin the prince or whatever.
retrocool

Jun 9, 2010, 2:31 PM
🤣
NEPats726420

Jun 9, 2010, 2:20 PM
to me on my corporate email address from my HR dept, otherwise i would of assummed it was fake as well!!
iljaaf21

Jun 9, 2010, 6:21 PM
Actually, this happened about 2 years ago. But thank you, I lost this number and couldn't find it anywhere.
This_Troper

Jun 9, 2010, 6:26 PM
I don't believe it's the Government's job to interfere with business. Smaller government! More calls at dinner! WOOHOO!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.