Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

i apprectiate people in the military

ncap9022

Jun 7, 2010, 8:58 PM
but why the H3LL are they always my rudest customers? you know i cannot give you everything for free b/c you're in the military but i did suggest that you can add the military discount to your plan to save you 20% off your plan a month and then you cuss at me and tell me i cant do my job and am refusing to help you? this day sucks @ss and only gets worse. ☹️ 👿
retrocool

Jun 7, 2010, 9:03 PM
People in the military deserve the exact same respect as anyone else. No more, no less. It's a job and they weren't drafted, they chose to go into that line of work.

If there was a draft, that'd be a whole different story. I'd cut breaks for those guys left and right. But not for an all-volunteer military. I can help them, sure, no problem. But they're not special just because they're in uniform.

I wasn't when I was in uniform, either. Same exact reason. And I never walked all over people because I happened to be in the military. Eff that ish.
ncap9022

Jun 7, 2010, 9:11 PM
This guy just went OFF on me and then hung up because I wouldn't give him a free charger, etc since we didn't have the extended battery available yet for the Incredible. I offered to double check the website to see if he'd over looked it. Offered him a promotional code for free shipping and $30 off the phone AND informed him that he's eligible for a military discount which saves him money off his total plan. He asked how he'd add it and I told him (truthfully) that he'd have to active the phone before it could be added for customer care and offered to help him finish he order to be sure it went smoothly. Then he went off about how I was doing a good job of forcing him to order and not helping him with what he asked me about, etc. 🤨
ccareatatt

Jun 7, 2010, 9:57 PM
That's a huge violation of the military code; next time just say you will call his C/O. ;) You have his name lol 😳
ncap9022

Jun 7, 2010, 11:05 PM
haha i just always figured people in the military would be more polite as they're trained to be very professional, etc. guess not! 🙄
rlpinca

Jun 8, 2010, 3:44 PM
Boots are polite cause they're still brainwashed.

Then they're cool until they hit the NCO ranks and there's a small percent that get big egos.

Then once they become lifers the same ones will do stuff like put their rank on their mailing address for bills and stuff.

Even worse are the wives of the above mentioned lifers.
retrocool

Jun 8, 2010, 11:54 AM
Did he demand that you drop and give him 20?

🤣

"You WILL give me that free charger, soldier! You will give it to me NOW!"

Pfft.
Mafdet

Jun 7, 2010, 10:45 PM
how was overtime?? 😲
ncap9022

Jun 8, 2010, 2:19 PM
LONG and still going. i work doubles today and tomorrow.
9am to 12 pm & 6pm-12am today
9am to 1pm & 6pm-12am tomorrow ☹️

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.