Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 28 replies

Portland ACS, this is not right.

ACS PDX SPR

May 24, 2010, 2:43 AM
I want to make the world aware of how bad it is working at ACS on the Sprint project in Portland, OR. There's a new policy that gives you an idea of what we deal with. We work under an "ABC" or Activity Based Compensation system, which is effectively a stacked-deck piece rate system, or pay per call.

At first, this seems innocent enough when you read the new policy. Remember that we are not being paid for the outbound calls we make, and are not getting an opportunity to take inbound calls for money while we are effectively acting as outbound Telesales.

First, the policy, then my comments.

This is an anonymous, throwaway account. I will not be responding to any messages. If this gets deleted here, it'll come back tenfold, on every si...
(continues)
Butthead007

May 24, 2010, 7:00 AM
If it is only posted on this site (and only in the forums), how you can you work to get your message out there and to spread the message?

Seems to me like you have not though out your strategy for getting the message out and getting a change in your working conditions.

I personally do not think a union is needed at the company where I work, but I am a corporate employee and treated very well.
retrocool

May 24, 2010, 3:12 PM
I don't disagree that we should unionize. I don't work pay-per-call, but it would be better to make union wages. We put up with an awful lot of crap on such a regular basis that we could really use it.
sinister

May 26, 2010, 9:30 AM
here here..lol you start screamin union though & see how fast your center gets shut down, i say we just pool to win the lotto 🤣
moeincb

May 24, 2010, 3:46 PM
You forgot where you work, acs, always changing something. 😁 It is not hard to get 100% VP. If you are not able to do so and disagree with your sites current process to bring it up, quit.
CBACSOR

May 24, 2010, 4:45 PM
I hear you.

But whom do we contact? While the provided links to union info is indeed accurate, they are too numerous to know where to go, or why.

Too many employees are complacent, too many believe that they have nowhere else to go. Many believe everything they hear without question and would be downright against such a change just because management says so. It is in the better interest of management, upper and lower, to not care at all.

This policy, alone, is not the only issue; it is simply the last straw. When it comes to my own ACS center, I will be gone, that day. On a monthly basis, they find more reasons to raise our already difficult goals, and more reasons to cut and limit our already meager pay. They lower handle time whi...
(continues)
retrocool

May 24, 2010, 4:54 PM
I would think the Services Employees International Union (SEIU) would be an appropriate union to contact for what we do.
retrocool

May 24, 2010, 4:57 PM
Fredd

May 25, 2010, 4:05 PM
CWA (Communications Workers of America) is another very strong union that is extremely familiar with the workings of the wireless industry. They will help you organize - see http://www.cwa-union.org/join-us
retrocool

May 25, 2010, 9:00 PM
Probably better, too.
Amarantamin

May 24, 2010, 5:09 PM
Oh, wow, that's harsh. Haven't heard anything like that here (yet), but if it's in Portland, we can expect to see it soon.

Not that I'm not meeting goal for VP, but this seriously impacts the representatives who aren't. Now they won't only not earn a sales bonus, but they can toss the possibility of getting anything above minimum wage out the window as well.
moeincb

May 24, 2010, 5:44 PM
very hard to make anything above minimum wage since the March 6th ABC Matrix went into effect anyway. The only way to make good $ is with sales!
Another_ACSer

May 24, 2010, 6:30 PM
Your whiney little post honestly made feel physically ill. Are you honestly so upset that you’re expected to do your job that you resort to posting diatribes on an open forum complaining about the policies and procedures set forward? You honestly need to take a step back and think before you make such long-winded ignorant posts to a forum.

First, to address the issue you raised. You are expected to make an offer on 80% of your calls and to meet your sales goal. If you don’t meet the goal you are going to be required to call back those people that you did not offer. That is not an outbound sales job, this is the management’s way of trying to get you to follow policy. Sprint expects you to make offers on your calls. This acc...
(continues)
Amarantamin

May 24, 2010, 6:45 PM
Maybe your ABC payscale is different. $9.50/hr is a fantasy around these parts...
retrocool

May 24, 2010, 6:46 PM
So, enjoying that barrel much? Need any lube, or do you prefer it dry?
ochne

May 26, 2010, 4:24 PM
bump, just to see if anyone notices.
sinister

May 26, 2010, 4:29 PM
bumpity bump bump 😁
CustomersAreRubbish

May 26, 2010, 4:51 PM
BAMP!

I agree. This policy stinks to high heaven.
Amarantamin

May 26, 2010, 8:08 PM
Bump!

Just joining the party.
ochne

May 28, 2010, 5:19 PM
Bump again.....just for giggles....that and so others there see it. I hear it is a great source of entertainment.
trendyhugo

May 27, 2010, 11:18 AM
ABC sucks! But i guess the guys in India are not complaining
Dread_99

May 27, 2010, 12:14 PM
Didn't you guys get the memo?

"Team, if you have a program in place requiring agents below value point goal to call back customers to make offers, this must cease immediately."

This went out to all the centers.
CustomersAreRubbish

May 27, 2010, 4:23 PM
All ACS centers, or all Sprint centers?

And please tell me Sprint said it. Please please please! We're so hung up on the notion of playing in Sprint's sandbox & rules that it'd be gold if they were the ones that sent it :-D
RavenSkyhawk

May 27, 2010, 4:42 PM
Sprint sends loads of stuff down that ACS just ignores. The right price plan promised. Back when we removed commitment extensions. Billing research, sales escalations, Voice of the customer, and other back office Dept's had no idea for months the policy had changed. I was taking supervisor calls for a policy that had changed, but no one told me.
Sprint sent the email, the recipient just decided it wasn't important enough to say anything.
Dread_99

May 27, 2010, 6:21 PM
The info I received was forwarded from our sales manager on site by her boss...
Amarantamin

May 30, 2010, 1:19 PM
So, that's to say that the policy that ACS *claims* was from Sprint, Sprint heard about and told them to stop it immediately?

Good to know.
ochne

May 30, 2010, 1:39 PM
You mean ACS would lie to it's employees? Is that a surprise, really. Everything I've heard says that they would do that in a heartbeat. But hey, my info only comes from those that had worked there and left because of it....so they may be biased.
Amarantamin

May 30, 2010, 2:47 PM
Heh, I would believe it. This being noted, I think it will be worth emailing Sprint about a couple of other new 'sprint' policies just to make sure. Not that I doubt ACS completely *cough*, but there has to be some reason that corporate Sprint call centers love their jobs and ACS Sprint centers hate it.
smazi

May 28, 2010, 9:30 PM
The ABC sucks, the contradictory policies suck, the fact that management seem to have their heads up their behinds sucks. And what is up with the smell? eeew! Seriously, the place stinks most of the time.

That said, it's a paycheck and I need one. Like the rest of us. [shrug] I do think a union is a good idea though.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.