Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Holy corporate mergers Batman!!

rudedogtrev

May 20, 2010, 1:13 PM
Ok I just caught wind of something that will blow up the cellular world....

From what I hear, AT&T is buying all of Verizon's towers and within the next 6 months will own verizon completely. Has anybody else heard this? if so, give me the scoop. What's going on?
runnback33

May 20, 2010, 1:43 PM
really where???? i wanna read this lol
Hombre07

May 20, 2010, 2:02 PM
Please don't feed the trolls.
rudedogtrev

May 20, 2010, 2:08 PM
I was merely curious to know if anyone else had heard or seen tell of this rumor....as I said it's just heresay for now but it comes from a supervisor's supervisor so pretty high up in this call center
runnback33

May 20, 2010, 2:09 PM
i would totally love this haha. tell all the little verizies to 😲
friarrush

May 20, 2010, 3:26 PM
I hear that too . A friend of a friend once slept with someone whos aunts third cousin twice removed carried her dog to the vet of the same persons best friends that is a supervisors supervisor best friends uncle who has secret gay flings with someone who also hear this.
Hombre07

May 20, 2010, 5:24 PM
Heard it from a friend who,
Heard it from a friend who,
Heard it from another you been messin' around.
This_Troper

May 20, 2010, 6:26 PM
From the Guy next door to me
There's a girl he met
Who loves to Pet,
And it fits you to a T!

So Don't sit under the Apple tree with anyone else but me,
'Til I come marching home!
wdfichtel

May 20, 2010, 4:58 PM
AT&T wouldn't buy Verizon. First, the networks are incompatible. Second, they're financials were terrible the last time I looked. It wouldn't make sense.
Hombre07

May 20, 2010, 5:27 PM
Third, you think Vodafone and Verizon would actually sell the VW division off? It's not like they can buy stocks.

Fourth, towers are on land owned by you and me. These land owners would have had to have been notified of a change of ownership and renter. You think that wouldn't have hit big news yet?
PhonemanJ

May 20, 2010, 5:42 PM
Actually, it is somewhat true, but not on the scale that you are thinking about. ATT is bidding to purchase some of the areas that the FCC and FTC required Verizon to turn loose of in the Altel purchase. These are arease that would have given Verizon an unfair monoplistic advantage, so Verizon was told that as part of the Altel purchase, that they had to sell some of the Altel towers where Verizon and Altel were the 2 strongest services in the area. ATT and other carriers have been bidding on these areas to strengthen their service in that area, or open up new areas to them.
Sigma1570

May 20, 2010, 5:47 PM
at&t is buying out verizons divested altel assets in some markets. They are already gsm so vze has no need for them and I think the FCC was forcing the sale.
dilligaff1

May 21, 2010, 3:40 PM
I was AT&T pre break up 01-01-84. Ican tell you all what may or may not is going on. At work cany discuss now. But will. But dont be supprised. 😉 😉 😉 😉
dilligaff1

May 21, 2010, 4:48 PM
Off phones for now. Was long long time AT&T employee. Pre breakup, AWS, CTINKULAR Buy out and at&t. I said and suspected ther was a closed door meeting 01-02-84 in N.J. about the breakup of "The Monopoly". AT&T was not gonna lay down. I got from a "VERY GOOG SOURCE" at that meeting, be 5, 10, 20, 30,years AT&T's goal was to eventually come back as major Monopoly. Food For Thought 😎
IgotStax

May 21, 2010, 4:02 PM
yea......no that would never happen, why would verizon do that....makes no sence

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.