Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Lonely Old People

rudedogtrev

May 19, 2010, 2:02 PM
Why is it old people call in with an issue or a question that should be resolved within 5 minutes and then they spend an hour and a half telling you their life story? Look lady I don't have time to gab about your denture adhesive and why you're on a limited income. I don't really care what you want to talk about just tell me your issue and stfu!
maverick218

May 19, 2010, 2:19 PM
Have some compassion for them, I deal with it too- it goes with the territory. Can you emagine being elderly and your spouse and all of your friends are dead? A little kindness goes a long way.
rudedogtrev

May 19, 2010, 2:20 PM
Sorry but after a half hour, compassion goes out the window and I risk a write up for staying on the phone talking about non business matters
xxbriibriixx

May 19, 2010, 2:35 PM
agreed.. i feel bad for them and im nice as much as possible but im getting paid to talk about business related subjects.. and if im monitored i will be ding'd for not being professional... =/
rainbow_metals

May 19, 2010, 4:02 PM
sorry but i agree with rudedogtrev, we are not a therapist and we do not get paid to listen to someones personal issues. like one woman went on and on about how she has to block her husbands texting because he is sexting, i dont care that is your problem and u should not be airing your dirty laundry with a perfect stranger.
dntbhatin

May 30, 2010, 9:30 PM
That is why there are old people homes 🙂 For company lol We are here to provide a service not be therapists...
sinister

May 31, 2010, 8:23 AM
HA...lol that's a lie. you get dinged on monitors for not showin empathy for their plight. *wonders if i can find a way to start charging for couch time* 😛
dntbhatin

May 31, 2010, 2:27 PM
old people+electronics=young person with a gun

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.