Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

on the scale of 1-10 (10 being epic rude)....

wompwomp

May 19, 2010, 8:34 AM
how rude would it be to ask the customer, "If your internet is down on your computer, can you still access your email?"...whenever the customer asks "can i just get the email without the internet?"
rainbow_metals

May 19, 2010, 4:22 PM
i dont know that its rude as much as unprofessional, sure you are asking a dumb question right back at them but they deserve that right, maybe change the way its said like: "hmmm i dont think i can get my email with launching the internet on my phone, let me check.....nope wont work."
friarrush

May 19, 2010, 5:35 PM
That just like when they ask me if the data feature is required me asking back

Just to be clear of your question, you are asking if the required data feature is required?
retrocool

May 19, 2010, 7:07 PM
Probably an 8.

We all deal with idiotic questions all day long. No excuse to not be as professional as possible.

Besides, handling it professionally makes you feel so much more intelligent than the idiot you're talking to.
Scootypuffjr

May 19, 2010, 7:12 PM
I wouldn't say it is rude. It is extremely condesending, and you'd probably get a bad QA score.....

It was like me telling a customer to get a phone book when she called in for a number to a resturant

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.