Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Platinumtel's shady owners up to it again.

kyowvtv

May 17, 2010, 4:40 PM
Without notice this morning, Platinumtel started charging 0.10 per message for incoming and out going picture messages. No notification was sent to customers. Only dealers got notification today at roughly 1pm.

Here is the email I got today:

Valued PlatinumTel Dealers,

Effective today, picture messaging will cost $.10 per incoming and outgoing message for customers on the Unlimited Talk and Text Plan. I spoke to Customer Service and they are giving out credits to customers since there was no advance warning, so customers can call in to receive a credit for their picture messages that they thought were free.

I apologize about the short notice. Please feel free to contact myself or Serina with any questions you may have.

Than...
(continues)
ecycled

May 17, 2010, 6:22 PM
How long are they giving credits? Might as well not charge if you are just going to give credits and not give a cut-off date, its the same thing 'no notice'
kyowvtv

May 17, 2010, 6:33 PM
Don't know. I'm surprised they're giving any credits. I actually like platinumtel, but they have some issues they need to work through. They have a good product, but charging for pic message when all the other prepay providers are including it for free doesn't make since. They're going backwards. Money hungry..... That's ok, Virgin $60 is exactly the same, so when the phones are available to non bsr stores, I'll drop platinumtel.
ruler_goddess

May 18, 2010, 5:06 PM
Yeah Virgin is awsome when they say unlimited txt you get IM email txt and pic and video messages is all included in the package now they have some cooler phones in the line up like they have the black berry 8530 the Kyocera Loft and the Rumor Touch too. So you may wanna look into it!
kyowvtv

May 18, 2010, 4:39 PM
They back tracked and recanted the change. If you call in they will give you credit otherwise you were still charged to pics yesterday.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.