Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

Customer care, I love you and I HATE YOU SO FREAKING MUCH!

justfinethanku

May 11, 2010, 5:44 PM
Let me start this by saying I honestly love you guys in the call center, you take a lot of sh!t so I don't have to but sometimes there are some little things I'd just like you to fess up to...

SITUATION; I hear this a LOT more than I should "I called customer care and they told me to come in and get a new SIM card"

-More often than not it's a simple problem with the phone, or its something that will require a warranty exchange that could have easily been done over the phone

PLEASE CONFESS: Do you tell people it's the SIM card just to get them to come to a store and get off the phone with you???

SITUATION: **this is more of a Verizon customer care thing than anything else**

Customer care "let me trans...
(continues)
Amarantamin

May 11, 2010, 8:48 PM
The SIM card thing; if my troubleshooting documents state that the customer needs to visit an S&R center, then that's where I tell them to go. If a SIM replacement is required ('SIM Error', for instance), then I tell them that they can PURCHASE one from our telesales team, or a local Sprint store *may* have cards for sale. By our current policies, when it comes to warranty exchange issues, we *must* have the customer visit an S&R center to confirm that the phone has no issues that would void the warranty (such as water damage). These are our documented policies.

As for the 'Hold' thing, we (I'm not Verizon, dunno about their policies) must keep our total hold under a certain percent of our total on-call time, or they'll eventually get rid...
(continues)
crazybutlovable

May 12, 2010, 9:45 AM
Yes part of our troubleshooting is to try replace the SIM card and ALOT ALOT of customer dont want to wait to receive a SIM card in the mail.We have to try sim replacement before a warranty replacement, I never refer a customer to a store for a warranty replacement..i alway give them xm;s number.

Hold Times: we have to keep our hold below 2 mins.(quality counts off on long period of silence.) but we can't help with transfering to another department.
sinister

May 12, 2010, 10:50 AM
i personally will tell ya that i DO DO DO tell them to go to the store for a NO COST sim card replacement!! cause half the time they opted to use their old sim card & instead of the "oh so honest" (not sayin all of em are) store rep kept the BRAND NEW sim card that came with the phone, that could have been used down the line when they started havin problems with their current sim card. so by default, in my book, all of you have to pay mwahahahaha 😈

by the way don't turn it around on custy care when half the store (probably a lil more than half) reps tell the customer that the activation fee or upgrade fee will be waived, just call in when it hits your bill & them that the store rep said it would be waived, knowin full well we c...
(continues)
crazybutlovable

May 12, 2010, 11:37 AM
you are right sinister. or promised waived fee but NO NOTES, we can't credit the fee's if there is no notes on the account from the store. 😛
xxbriibriixx

May 17, 2010, 10:04 AM
yep completely agree. there are some bad apples in the stores and over the phones. which sucks! 😕 i get alot of calls saying "the store rep said this will be waived" and i even get some custy's saying "i just got off the phone with so and so, and she said i can get this waived" and of course there are never any notes 🙄
notasecret

May 31, 2010, 10:15 PM
If you work for Sprint you may want to do a little research on how warranty replacements are supposed to be handled. Just sayin...
wdfichtel

May 12, 2010, 11:48 AM
With the SIM card issue, we do have a lot of situations where a SIM replacement is the last resort before going to engineering, and every troubleshooting process we have tells us to do that first. something as small as static electricity can fry a sim, so it is a valid step.
sinister

May 12, 2010, 12:09 PM
i'll tell ya, you send an ota to the sim repeatedly in a small period of time can fry the technology in the sim as well. alot of reps go ota happy with that lil button to fix dropped calls or sms problems 😳
dilligaff1

May 12, 2010, 12:07 PM
A Sup did that 2 one of my custies yesterday and she did HU
bobrings

May 15, 2010, 11:34 AM
there is a simple answer to this.......for store reps IN BETWEEN PLAYING SOLITARE AND TALKING TO YOUR FRIENDS...CHECK YOUR COMPANYS POLICY BEFORE YOU BLAME ANYONE ELSE...sorry im a little upset i went into a store to buy a phone and was ignored cause they were playing games on there phones and the computer..so check the policy.
sinister

May 16, 2010, 12:31 PM
lol boob they were busy chattin it up on phonescoop complainin about you walkin into the store... 🤣
bobrings

May 17, 2010, 8:43 AM
😲 😳 what....did....you...just....say? 😛 😈 😉
sinister

May 17, 2010, 8:52 AM
i said........

boo

b 🤣 🤣
bobrings

May 17, 2010, 9:21 AM
GIGGITY....thats my fav word, and body part..there fun...there jiggley and they feel good.
bobrings

May 17, 2010, 9:21 AM
🤤 your such a perv.
sinister

May 17, 2010, 9:28 AM
apparently an illiterate perv 🤣
bobrings

May 17, 2010, 9:33 AM
but your still a perv.....oh just so you know i maybe will be making a stawberry pizza.
dntbhatin

May 30, 2010, 9:55 PM
I am not in customer care so the first thing doesn't apply to me...
but the hold, I do have to confess if I sense anything in anyones voice that might make me feel that they are being rude I will place them on a penelty hold until they hang up.
Most of the time I do it to rude customers, not store reps
Amarantamin

May 30, 2010, 9:56 PM
... Is tonight resurrection night for the dead threads?

Does that make them undead?

If so, no breeding!
dntbhatin

May 30, 2010, 9:57 PM
I am super bored and I was just going through some old ones 🙂 lol
Amarantamin

May 30, 2010, 10:01 PM
Hey, no problem, I was bored and being a jerk. 🤤

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.