Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Contributing to dumb customers

CustomersAreRubbish

May 5, 2010, 4:14 PM
Call comes in (I hate it when that happens), lady goes off about how she's in roaming and wants out. I ask what kind of phone she has. She says it's a 'Sprint, what's that called, a cordless phone!

(facepalm)

Pull up the account, it's an ancient $39.99 plan local only with 400 minutes and roaming at 69 cents a minute.

Offered to move her to Talk 450, which is the same price, more minutes (50), M2M and no roaming charges... since she had $104+ pending in roaming...

"NO JUST FIX MY ROAMING !@#$ !"

I say, "OK then. Press Menu..."

Call drops.

CDMA... it's a new kind of stupid.
sinister

May 5, 2010, 4:28 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣
Amarantamin

May 5, 2010, 8:53 PM
These kinds of customers are a love/hate relationship for me.

I hate talking to them. I love remembering their utter stupidity and wondering how they make it through life.

Me: "We can fix this problem by giving you extra features for free."
Them: "NO, I want the problem FIXED."
Me: "Are you even listening, or just demanding?"
ochne

May 6, 2010, 4:07 PM
2 calls....today.

Call 1:

Cust: What's this charge on my bill for 911? I don't even call 911 on my cell phone.

Me: The 911 charge is a charge required be collected by the State of Washington for 911 Service.

Cust: But I'm not using that service, I want that credited.

Me: I'm sorry. That is a Government imposed fee. I'm not able to credit that.

Cust: If you don't figure out how to credit that and make it so that I don't have to pay for a service I'm not using by the time my contract is up I will be finding another carrier. *click*

Call 2:

Cust: I'm on the road and want to know how to access my messages on my machine.

Me: Your voicemail or an answering machine?

Cust: My answering machine at home. How do I check ...
(continues)
madmatg

May 8, 2010, 4:06 PM
man i'm in webchat sales, I thought I got dumb people.... but you guys are way over my head

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.