Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

SMART TALK???? BOOST??? you don't have a real cell phone.

justfinethanku

Apr 24, 2010, 7:24 PM
1. I am pissed that regular contract phones have taxes attatched to them when these no-contract peice of garbage services don't have it.

2. What is the deal with Smart Talk? Isn't it just a glorified Tracfone service, and am I losing my mind or does the stupid thing have very very very good service at $45.00 a month???

3. T-Mobile, WTF???? What are you trying to do with these no-contract plans? You're prettymuch telling your customers "Screw you, go to some other carrier if you want discounts on your devices"

I just don't get it. It seems like the cell phone companies just try to hate on and undercut their own salespeople when they do half of this pre-paid BS.
rlpinca

Apr 24, 2010, 7:48 PM
The people that make the decisions like that are on salary and haven't had to worry about comission in years.
WernerCD

Apr 25, 2010, 8:54 AM
It's going to get cheaper.

1. Although they may not have taxes attached visibly, I'm sure it's included in the actual $30/45. They pay tax.

2. Good service, *VERY* limited phone selection and no choice of family plan savings.

3. T-Mobile has good options. Want a free phone? Okay... Bring your own phone? AWESOME! You save *this much*/month. I wish more carriers saved customers money via bring your own.
CustomersAreRubbish

Apr 26, 2010, 10:06 PM
I'm on one of the TMO plans without a contract (Even More Plus). I buy my phones used and save $20 a month on unlimited, I do still pay tax on that by the way.

And think of it this way. No contract, I'm completely free to come and go as I please. With Flexpay, if I buy my phones used, so I get about the same price as a new phone on contract as well. I don't have a potential ETF. If I bought a new phone from TMO, I'd be saving money usually within 19 months (sometimes 17), quicker than the supposed savings on a 24 month contract with phone subsidy.

This style suits the Belgians just fine (it's illegal in Belgium to subsidy a phone), by the way.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.