Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Here we go again, gotta love my customers.

kendrat

Apr 12, 2010, 2:29 PM
Customer

Customer Comment: Actually I am not eligible for an upgrade until tomorrow, so I was just browsing at the phones to see if I could narrow my selection. What do you recommend?

What I wish I could say? Well what you can do is come back on tomorrow when you upgrade is up so we can actually look at the phones at your price, so you can see what they are. And what phones we offer in your price range.

But what I have to say.

I'd be happy to assist what do you need on your phone more? A flip phone, slider? Full web based phone or other?

👿 👿 😲 😲 😡 😡 Sucks so bad
Sigma1570

Apr 12, 2010, 7:18 PM
I don't really see how this sucks....

Why can't you tell the customer what price they will be looking at "tomorrow" and while your at it, sell them on a phone, determine what time they want to come in and sell the customer a phone tomorrow. For all you know they will appreciate feeling special by all the extra attention you are giving them.

As someone who has seen traffic fall 60% in the last 3 years I think its silly that a salesrep would whine about having to talk to a potential customer.
Sigma1570

Apr 12, 2010, 7:25 PM
I didn't realize you were a chat room salesperson....I thought those were just bots. but still...
TequilaTime

Apr 12, 2010, 9:10 PM
no my customer wins. ive been on a chat for over an hour and a half with an india person who speaks about 5 words of english. they want a phone with a different carrier on our network, smart phones with no data features, but want to use the internet to call india, and it just keeps going.
kendrat

Apr 12, 2010, 11:38 PM
OH man that sucks
rudedogtrev

Apr 17, 2010, 2:56 PM
God I would love to be a chat rep....seriously. Then I wouldn't feel like I have to scream at these people. it would be so much quieter in the office here.
madmatg

Apr 17, 2010, 7:13 PM
no it wouldn't haha, you actually have people at chat offices that do scream their answers at computers but they can do it cause they are just typing lol
wompwomp

Apr 17, 2010, 3:17 PM
sometimes i want to tell a person that i am a robot, so that perhaps they will not ask if a robot can alter/waive fees.
Ask The Shack

Apr 13, 2010, 7:53 AM
If this is a "bad" situation for you, then you completely SUCK as a salesperson.

Right then you had a person who knew he was elegable for n upgrade, and was motivated to buy. This was good as a guranteed sale for you, but instead of properly qualifying the customer, and showing him a device that will best suit his needs you "went through the motions" to get him out of the store.

Now, he's going to feel lack luster about his experence from you (unless he's a moron, and couldn't pick up that you wanted nothing to do with him), and tomorrow he's going to go somewhere else with the knowlege that you gave him, and walk into a store, and just simply say "hey, I need someone to sell me this phone, on this plan as an upgrade), and you did all ...
(continues)
Amarantamin

Apr 13, 2010, 1:28 PM
I was going to go off with something like this, except then I realized that he's an online chat rep. . . 🙂
kendrat

Apr 13, 2010, 1:38 PM
For my person: the customer was not eligible to upgrade when they came on the chat. They were eligible to upgrade the next day. So there was not a point in me trying to recommend a phone they may have not been in the price range they wanted the next day since the prices can change at anytime. I personally am a good rep. 😎 That is why my supervisor fusses when I do not try to make the customer order a phone for $400 one day (when they cannot upgrade.) Which is why I only recommeded her toward the type she needed to look into. But not a specific phone. I do not care about a comission or any of that I help with whagt I can at that particular time. Because there is no way for me to see the prices for phone the next day. And if my customer woul...
(continues)
WhoDey

Apr 19, 2010, 8:09 AM
kendrat said:
Because there is no way for me to see the prices for phone the next day.

Uh... you know she is eligible for upgrade TOMORROW.. which means she would get the UPGRADE price... TOMORROW.

You do to know what she would pay for the phone, stop over-thinking this.
80dollarcarcharger

Apr 17, 2010, 4:20 PM
what a douche, learn the facts before you make an @$5 out of yourself
madmatg

Apr 17, 2010, 7:19 PM
you guys are definitely fools, they can't request oen chat person, they get assigned one randomly and we are not allowed to transfer chats. So getting someone that wants to upgrade tomorrow is totally useless for that person. Now they could always "bunt" it and help out the team but as for their personal stats and bonuses they will get nothing from the customer unless they get the 1/100 lucky roll of getting him again the next day
Hombre07

Apr 19, 2010, 9:39 AM
"Oh I'm just looking at the phones to see which one I want to order online"

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.