Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

A friend of mine asked.....

Researcher

Apr 10, 2010, 5:58 PM
...about what is it like to work in the cell phone business and if I thought it would be a good place for him.

Now do I tell him the truth (and scan the posts here on PS) 😲 😕 ☚ī¸ 🤭 đŸ˜ĸ đŸ‘ŋ 😈

or...

Say sure it is a great industry. You get to work with so many great people and help so many nice customers. 🙄 😉

What to do? What to do??
NEPats726420

Apr 10, 2010, 5:59 PM
call center or retail??
Researcher

Apr 10, 2010, 6:16 PM
could go either way.
NEPats726420

Apr 10, 2010, 6:26 PM
he is bisexual??
Researcher

Apr 10, 2010, 6:58 PM
Dont ask dont tell
NEPats726420

Apr 10, 2010, 6:59 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ
bobrings

Apr 10, 2010, 6:04 PM
tell him not to do it.
wompwomp

Apr 10, 2010, 6:28 PM
If he really needs it, tell him what to be prepared for and then go for it, hah
TequilaTime

Apr 10, 2010, 7:02 PM
I'd tell him that's it's a good job but like all others- it does have it's drawbacks. I wouldn't tell him too much about it because it's not as bad for everyone so I'd let him form his own opinions. It can't hurt for him to just try it out. 🙂
Researcher

Apr 10, 2010, 7:08 PM
True. It is not an industry that is a get rich quick job. Like anything else, for sure retail, long hours and can be a pain in the butt. Plus you have to deal (put up with) with the public. They pay your salary/commission.

Problem is he has a habit of not sticking with a job.
TequilaTime

Apr 10, 2010, 8:39 PM
Well, I'd let him try it but don't necessarily let him use you as a reference. Tell him it's nothing personal and you can even fib and say that you're kind of on the line already and can't be responsible for someone else.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.