Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 47 replies

Classic "I hate my job" thread

Owenu

Apr 6, 2010, 12:12 PM
Well, not so much that i hate my job, more like i hate the company. i work for a 3rd party call center, and they suck ***. from this point on, i am just sitting here, knowing that i can be walked out at any moment. This company has the stupidest attendance system i have ever heard of. and what sucks even more is knowing that i'll be reaching my goals, but wont be eligible to get bonus for it until July or Aug ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ....if only i had a metal baseball bat, and could bash all the windows of this building, then the person who came up with the attendance system, and not go to prison..
ShoopDaWoop

Apr 6, 2010, 12:32 PM
If it's anything like our center, it is quite ridiculous. If you miss a day without a doctors note, you get written up. If you're more than 2 minutes late, you get written up, and after 3 strikes you get termed. Seems pretty ridiculous especially with the call volume as slow as it is, and it is flu/cold season, so people are getting fired here, left and right.
Researcher

Apr 6, 2010, 12:56 PM
At ours, I missed days and had a doctors note for each. They were excepted by HR. But about two weeks later I still got written up. Went against their own policy. I got to write a note on the warning form. I quoted directly from the policy. That really made them upset. Asked if I really wanted to add that and I said yes and I want a copy.
Owenu

Apr 6, 2010, 2:26 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜Ž
rainbow_metals

Apr 6, 2010, 4:02 PM
good for you in not caring what they think about your 'backtalk' and proving them wrong. higher ups hate when you can prove them wrong.
Owenu

Apr 6, 2010, 2:13 PM
๐Ÿ˜ณ daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang! โ˜น๏ธ

but it plenty ridiculous up in here. we got bought out by a bigger company, and they implimented their stupid "point" system. everybody who had 3 1/2 points or less got to start this year fresh with getting their points wiped away, but everyone who had 4 or more points got to keep theirs, and got an extra point added for no reason!!! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

and they have this hella stupid "freeze period", so that even if 90 days have passed, your point doesnt go away, you have to wait another month in addition for it to go away. F****** B*******!!!! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
rlpinca

Apr 6, 2010, 2:27 PM
Sounds oddly similar to the place I'm sitting right now.

You in Rio Rancho NM?
Poking Pixie

Apr 6, 2010, 2:47 PM
๐Ÿ˜ฒ I'm in Rio Rancho
rlpinca

Apr 6, 2010, 3:08 PM
Pardon the thread hijack.

I'm in mobility sitting near training bay.
ads1525

Apr 6, 2010, 5:11 PM
me too!! purple shirt in the back corner
ATTDRONEV2.5

Apr 6, 2010, 6:10 PM
ads1525 said:
me too!! purple shirt in the back corner

and i'm a supervisor ๐Ÿ˜ณ , get your stuff HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.. nr jk lol
Poking Pixie

Apr 6, 2010, 9:16 PM
I'm in the last bay in the back by the fire door in the blue shirt. ๐Ÿ˜
Owenu

Apr 6, 2010, 5:05 PM
next door in Phoenix, AZ. Represent! ๐Ÿ˜ but we might work for the same company. does your company start w/ an S?
rlpinca

Apr 6, 2010, 5:08 PM
It does indeed.
๐Ÿ˜ข
Poking Pixie

Apr 6, 2010, 9:19 PM
Yup โ˜น๏ธ
Poking Pixie

Apr 6, 2010, 2:37 PM
๐Ÿ˜ข Owenu, do you work for Stream? That policy sounds familiar.
Owenu

Apr 6, 2010, 5:08 PM
๐Ÿ˜ณ why yes i do! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
ads1525

Apr 6, 2010, 5:10 PM
do you now work for stream?!
ads1525

Apr 6, 2010, 5:18 PM
i was hoping you would be in rio, i want to see your grav in person lol sorry to be a perv, but damn girl!!
Owenu

Apr 6, 2010, 5:24 PM
iz u talkin to me? ๐Ÿคญ
ads1525

Apr 6, 2010, 5:31 PM
of course
Owenu

Apr 6, 2010, 6:48 PM
๐Ÿคญ ๐Ÿ˜ it's one of my best assets ๐Ÿคฃ
ads1525

Apr 6, 2010, 9:13 PM
๐Ÿ˜Ž
Poking Pixie

Apr 6, 2010, 9:21 PM
no pun intended ๐Ÿ˜
longsleeves

May 2, 2010, 2:59 PM
My call center does not accept doctor's note you still get written up. You have to hospitalized for 3 days or more with documents for them to excuse it.
ATTDRONEV2.5

Apr 6, 2010, 6:13 PM
dropping the soap"in prison" or talking to customers.. ๐Ÿคฃ
Owenu

Apr 6, 2010, 6:44 PM
i wouldn't mind dropping the soap ๐Ÿ˜‰ jk
Amarantamin

Apr 6, 2010, 6:14 PM
We use customer surveys to determine bonus. If more than one customer feels their issue was not fully resolved, we lose all bonuses. Even for overpreformers (like myself) who continuously exceed sales goal by %250+, they pull it all on customer opinion.

Worse, even if the customer's unhappiness is due to following company policy, we still lose it all. It's horrible to have a call reviewed, be told I did everything I could, and still have bonus pay pulled.
Owenu

Apr 6, 2010, 6:46 PM
that really sucks โ˜น๏ธ you must work for sprint
Amarantamin

Apr 6, 2010, 9:26 PM
Haha, how did you guess?
bobrings

Apr 24, 2010, 12:23 PM
we must work for the same company...i hate this fing place..no one here is happy...they keep changing crap. ๐Ÿ˜ก
sinister

Apr 25, 2010, 8:32 AM
now now bobby lol you need to come sit next to me, ill show ya how to work it...you'll be an old pro by the time i'm done with ya ๐Ÿ˜
bobrings

Apr 27, 2010, 4:17 PM
bobby? bobby? lol...ok well you let them know that i need to come and sit by you and i will, they yelled at me yesterday for going to take a piss ๐Ÿ˜ฒ i told them i was gonna bring a bottle in and use that from now on ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
sinister

Apr 28, 2010, 8:20 AM
lol takes you back to the truckin days don't it ๐Ÿคฃ
bobrings

Apr 28, 2010, 2:24 PM
๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜› yeah a little bit...god i miss being on the open road.
Owenu

Apr 28, 2010, 8:57 PM
we probably do. โ˜น๏ธ
Avaya

Apr 28, 2010, 9:27 PM
๐Ÿคค
sinister

May 2, 2010, 2:40 PM
no no, i HATE my job..i mean loathe my job...detest..deplore & every synonym known to man that expresses disgust for my job!!

k, so my vacation came available on 04/01/2010 & i'm all excited...YES YES, i get time out of this hole, i can smell the fresh air...feel the sunshine on my face...freedom for a week woot woot!!

oh noooooooooo.... ๐Ÿ˜ณ what they negelected to mention in trainin was that if you actually wanted days off in a row, you had to apply for it months upon months in advance...ok ok, my bad...i should have inquired a lil deeper on that one, so i guess i'll make do with the allowable staffin decreases in empower & get off a lil early every day till i use up my vacation..i can deal with that โ˜น๏ธ

what i can't deal with, is...
(continues)
Avaya

May 2, 2010, 4:45 PM
a chick? i always thought you were a guy ๐Ÿคฃ ...man i was fooled ๐Ÿคญ
sinister

May 3, 2010, 10:40 AM
๐Ÿคฃ yes yes i know...i didn't feel the need to post boobies or bootie though ๐Ÿคฃ
Owenu

May 3, 2010, 1:03 PM
obvious shot at me ๐Ÿคจ โ˜น๏ธ
madmatg

May 3, 2010, 6:08 PM
Boom!
Avaya

May 4, 2010, 3:51 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜›
kendrat

May 2, 2010, 5:13 PM
I'm Sorry โ˜น๏ธ
Owenu

May 3, 2010, 1:09 PM
that's a really long post. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
sinister

May 3, 2010, 1:24 PM
yes...yes it is lol i was on a rant sorry ๐Ÿ˜
madmatg

May 3, 2010, 5:59 PM
classic post

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.