Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 36 replies

Beat this idiot customer story...

Researcher

Mar 31, 2010, 12:48 PM
Yesterday I had a call from a guy in California. He wanted to change his MDN. No problem. I happen to ask why. The reason was that his number had 44 in it and acording to him in some old Chinese language 2 4's together means some tragic death! Every number I got had 44 as part of the the exchange. He freaked and went off the cliff. He wanted my manager who would not change it again after my three trys. Not sure what happened to him.

Good grief only in California!
NEPats726420

Mar 31, 2010, 1:19 PM
we would get indian custys that wanted as many 8's as possible
ruler_goddess

Mar 31, 2010, 1:30 PM
This one Indian guy and he wants us to replace his phone because it was black. I told him we didnt have any red ones avilible any more and black was the only thing we had. And he said he didnt want a black phone cause it's a womans color and it was a disgrace to have a womans colored phone. And he said he never had a black phone. End of story I just told him well you do now 🤣
NEPats726420

Mar 31, 2010, 1:31 PM
🤣 🤣
CustomersAreRubbish

Mar 31, 2010, 5:58 PM
Lucky numbers were a big thing to TMO's asian customer base. And the non-asian as well. Vanity numbers were a big deal there all around. I wish more carriers would figure that out.

I want 666-6666, after all.
retrocool

Apr 24, 2010, 4:49 PM
You in Witness Protection?
dtpocket38

Mar 31, 2010, 1:29 PM
Cant blame him if that is his beliefs i wouldn't want 666 in my number
NEPats726420

Mar 31, 2010, 1:54 PM
its still annoying lol
ruler_goddess

Mar 31, 2010, 1:58 PM
I agree it's a number it's not going to kill you. I think it's funny when some ones change is 6.66 and they want to buy something else people are so stupid.
Researcher

Mar 31, 2010, 5:57 PM
In Ohio we have a community that their exchange is 666. Every one has it. I worked at a gas station years ago, on a sunday afternoon and a well dressed black lady came in and with what she bought it came to $6.66. She started yelling "Oh Jesus. Oh Jesus" Then she said sell me something! Anything!! She startled all in the store including me. The first thing I grabbed to sell her was a pack of condoms! She took it, looked at it and dropped everything ran out of the store got in her car and left.

It was at least 4 minutes untill we stopped laughing 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
CustomersAreRubbish

Mar 31, 2010, 6:02 PM
LOL that's brilliant.

Should have sold her beer on Sunday.
WernerCD

Apr 1, 2010, 3:53 PM
For everything else... use Mastercard. 🤣
ruler_goddess

Apr 1, 2010, 4:27 PM
Omg this is the funniest sh&t I have ever read I know some people get so up set about that sh1t but that is halarious 🤣.
viper27

Apr 2, 2010, 8:05 AM
The last 4 numbers of my cell is 9666...
bigjerm88

Apr 20, 2010, 2:25 PM
When my total comes to $6.66 I'm like "Whoa, alright!" pay and leave. And I'm here today typing this message.
dilligaff1

Apr 1, 2010, 9:03 PM
I had a custy once that was Irate and started right in how bad our service $ucked..told me every time he got a call his fon would HU.. I asked him if he could make calls. He said yes. Si I asked him when he got a call what button did he press. He said "what are you a effin idiot, I hit press while ringing 😳 . What I said. "Press while ringing" I pulled his fon up and asked him what are the letters on the fon. To which he said PWR, Press While Ringing" 😳 . Put someone on the fon who knows what they're doing. 😲 And I'm the Effin Idiot 👿 🤣 Wanted to tell him his fon was showing the I 10 D T error and cant be fixed 🤣 🤣
ATTDRONEV2.5

Apr 1, 2010, 10:45 PM
you misspelled "I D 10 t " ERROR 🤣
viper27

Apr 2, 2010, 8:07 AM
dilliga... you are and I D 10 T if you are going to insult somebody at least do it right ya dumbass!!
Fredd

Apr 2, 2010, 9:35 AM
Hey, be nice to poeple with lysdexia! 🤣
(yes, those are intentional misspellings)
zzyo

Apr 5, 2010, 3:31 PM
in dyslexia 😎
dilligaff1

Apr 2, 2010, 10:34 AM
Yea I noticed that after.Gee I guess he was right after all. I am the IDIOT 🤣
kendrat

Apr 4, 2010, 4:49 PM
LOL. OMG That is Priceless
burntbridges

Apr 4, 2010, 5:30 PM
please tell me your username means what i hope it does..
looch_himself

Apr 4, 2010, 6:49 PM
What do you hope it means?
burntbridges

Apr 4, 2010, 7:09 PM
do i look like i give a flying f***.. haha
looch_himself

Apr 4, 2010, 7:12 PM
I should have seen that.
burntbridges

Apr 4, 2010, 7:41 PM
LOL I dont know what made me think of it but everytime I see the name and glance that's the first thing that pops into my head! I could be wrong though.
dilligaff1

Apr 5, 2010, 2:34 PM
Yep thats me. and yes that is Exactly what it means.When Sinkular Srewed AT&T they made us use our full name in the call. I refused so they let me use aa psuedo so I used Dilligaff as my last name. They finally figuered it out and made me change it 2 McGillicutty. 😎
burntbridges

Apr 5, 2010, 3:28 PM
No way, you can't be serious?! hahahahaha
ruler_goddess

Apr 5, 2010, 3:30 PM
This may sound stupid but me and my co worker are wondering what this means?
dilligaff1

Apr 5, 2010, 4:05 PM
Do I Look Like I Give A Flying F@%k 😎
kendrat

Apr 7, 2010, 4:08 PM
LOL 🤣
rudedogtrev

Apr 24, 2010, 4:26 PM
😲 OMFG...that is priceless....how long did you get to use the pseudo before they caught it? You've got me thinking about changing my pseudo now....hahahahahahahaha
dilligaff1

Apr 5, 2010, 4:01 PM
As a heart attack. Got alot of 😲 and 😳 and 🤣 from my custies, but QA failed 2 see the humor in it 😕
ruler_goddess

Apr 5, 2010, 4:22 PM
That is so funny now that I know what it means lol. I hate QA people I got failed cause I told a custie who was requesting a sup that a sup would advise them of the same policy I just did three times. I even said it in a nice tone not a mean one 😕
dilligaff1

Apr 6, 2010, 1:38 PM
I used to refer to QA as the Grim Reapers. They come lurking around the Branches with all they're 0 evals in hand,and we all just cringed and made like an Qstrich w/our heads in the sand 👀 , (Mabybe she/he cant see me), If you ever saw the movie "Ghost", at the end when the bad guy gets capped, and the "Dark Spirits" come for him. Thats QA 👀 👀 👀
retrocool

Apr 24, 2010, 4:41 PM
Researcher said:
Good grief only in California!

No, actually Chinese people have immigrated to pretty much every state in the Union.

But, nice to know that you have such a positive view of Chinese culture.

Oh, wait, no....

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.