Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

Cricket change

juggalo D

Feb 25, 2010, 3:24 PM
has any body heard about cricket doing something so that flashed phones wont work on them any more. I have had 2 customers tell me about this but ive heard nothing about it. so is there any truth to this info or is somebody out there just feeding these customers lies
Coil

Feb 25, 2010, 3:45 PM
The important thing to keep in mind is that we all hate cricket equally.
SneakyRebelNinja

Feb 25, 2010, 4:26 PM
I disagree. I like my paycheck and therefore must like Cricket.
Coil

Feb 25, 2010, 4:41 PM
O rly? You're on the 25-40 dollar plans where you can not call other area codes? Or perhaps you think by paying 45$ a month for service which has ****ING DOTS FOR A COVERAGE MAP you are somehow beating the system. Well kudos.
Nobodey

Feb 25, 2010, 4:48 PM
I just assumed he works for Cricket. If thats the case, then he probably like Cricket. =)
wizardofCroz

Feb 25, 2010, 4:53 PM
Hey, if he can make money selling polished crap, more power to him.
dopeygirl

Feb 25, 2010, 5:42 PM
until I bought a grown-up phone on a grown-up carrier.
Craigory

Feb 27, 2010, 12:14 PM
Hey at least i dont get bitched at by every rich & stupid customer that walks in the store. Cricket offers great plans for people that dont want to pay the full price on the phone and want to suck on the company's tit even tho the company they have takes every chance to charge them up for stuff they did not sign up for. Yea i work for Cricket and no i dont have service with cricket, and comparing to what other dumb, retarded rich people pay, Cricket customers dont have to complain about an extra $25 dollar charge on their account. Sure the coverage sucks but it gets the job done. Brainwashed by VZW and AT&T about coverage and the "must-have" droid phones, but people dont want the top of the line phones. But i have heard that Cricket will als...
(continues)
Coil

Feb 28, 2010, 11:55 AM
Let's dessimate your illogical conclusions which one would expect from someone who works for cricket as opposed to the smart man who actually franchises cricket. 🙄

Craigory said:
Hey at least i dont get bitched at by every rich & stupid customer that walks in the store.

Most areas aren't rich and most customers aren't rich. Infact most americans aren't rich the median income is around 30-40k and that is considered lower middle class. 'Rich' is an acronym for upper class being lower upper, middle upper, or upper upper which starts after the 250k bracket.

Cricket offers great plans for people that dont want to pay the full price on the phone and want to suck on the company's tit even
(continues)
juggalo D

Mar 2, 2010, 2:02 PM
well $35 plan has long distance but i really like how you went to all the trouble to rip him a new one but personally i have seen it like this in my history cricket sells the easiest then boost and T-mobile then AT&T but with in a week the crickets come back with problems and issues where as the boost don't have a problem till the glitch in their bill payment while T-mobile and AT&T are solid and the happiest
Coil

Mar 2, 2010, 5:25 PM
juggalo D said:
well $35 plan has long distance but i really like how you went to all the trouble to rip him a new one

http://www.mycricket.com/cell-phone-plans »

WRONG! It's 40$ for long distance.

but with in a week the crickets come back with problems and issues where

That's cause cricket is the cell phone equivelent of a pinto!@

as the boost don't have a problem till the glitch in their bill payment while T-mobile and AT&T are solid and the happiest

What are you talking about? What problem? It's not boosts fault if you add the wrong amount or download ring tones which take away from your 50$ unlimited value. I already discussed tmobile a...
(continues)
CallCenterBlues

Mar 3, 2010, 11:39 AM
http://www.mycricket.com/cell-phone-plans. » I have cricket and though there customer service isn't great. It's good for those that don't want to worry about minutes and don't want to get into a contract. I live in a good cricket coverage area so it works well for me. I think it just depends on the person. Everyone is different and cricket is not for everyone, same as S/N, ATT, Verizon may not be for some. Just sayin'.
Coil

Mar 4, 2010, 12:51 PM
They must have changed that over night. Voicemail is 40$.
juggalo D

Mar 3, 2010, 6:12 PM
different zip codes different plans for me there is a $35 plan with long distance and i have corrected boost payment glitches on more than one occasion that wasn't the customers fault yes most the time somebody buys some thing and screws it up but some times $20 will just disappear
Coil

Mar 4, 2010, 12:52 PM
juggalo D said:
that wasn't the customers fault

Oh yeah gee that never happens.
juggalo D

Feb 25, 2010, 6:26 PM
Wow yeah i do sell cricket and other companies but y'all r missing the point of my post but i don't care because everything i have read was just plain funny if y'all no the answer tell me but otherwise keep up the good stuff hell ill join in. Why do the same cricket customers comeback. 5 times a month a person comes in with a bill that is 3 times their normal rate for no reason at all and half the time they just buy a new phone start over and wait for it to happen again. WHY!!!!!! 🤣
wizardofCroz

Feb 25, 2010, 6:58 PM
I've always wondered that...

If they have no credit check and no contracts, what's stopping them from racking up a huge bill, canceling, and just starting up with another phone number?
Coil

Feb 25, 2010, 9:23 PM
wizardofCroz said:
If they have no credit check and no contracts, what's stopping them from racking up a huge bill, canceling, and just starting up with another phone number?

They can't rack up anything it's prepaid service. Every single process they use is PREpaid for.
sinister

Feb 27, 2010, 12:46 PM
lol *chuckles* 🤣
BuddyChrist

Mar 4, 2010, 9:50 AM
The only thing that I can think of, is that Leap (who owns Cricket, I believe) is actually looking to sell to another company. Whether that new company will allow Cricket to continue to flash phones is up for debate... As for phones that have already been flashed over, they should continue to work (most companies are not stupid enough to reverse something like that, considering the fact that it would piss off a bunch of their customers, not to mention cause ALOT of headaches).

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.