Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

evil little spanish child

sweetcherrygurl

Feb 17, 2010, 4:32 PM
Just had a customer in here with her kids....

she asks me to check her account to see if her son downloaded anything...

I pull up SEVEN subscription games downloaded in one day. Equalled $22.00 per month in games. ๐Ÿ‘€

I tell her yes, indeed there were games downloaded. I tell her I can remove them from the phone and make sure that app downloads are blocked.

She interrupts me: "All that's already blocked. I blocked it."

๐Ÿ‘€ Noooo you didn't. If it was BLOCKED, he wouldn't have been ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THEM.

I show her the "blocked" list: Web, RBT downloads, etc. Then I show her the unchecked "block app downloads" box.

She still doesn't believe me. ๐Ÿคจ

All the while her evil little child is talking ins...
(continues)
kiki_kaluah

Feb 17, 2010, 4:39 PM
๐Ÿ˜ณ if that was me I would have called him a liar in spanish.
JTRaven

Feb 17, 2010, 6:17 PM
sometimes I wish I knew spanish so I knew what customers were saying
kiki_kaluah

Feb 17, 2010, 6:35 PM
I know how you feel. I don't like going to get my nails done for that particular reason. ๐Ÿ˜
easystreet

Feb 17, 2010, 6:36 PM
that is Vietnamese im afraid
kiki_kaluah

Feb 17, 2010, 6:40 PM
never said it was spanish.

just said i knew how the foreign language barrier felt when getting my nails done.

burro. ๐Ÿ™‚
JTRaven

Feb 17, 2010, 6:58 PM
yeah kinda stinks sometimes, the lady at the spanish store next to us comes over for me to help me out and I know some basic stuff after being in Mexico for a week but still would be nice to know what they are saying to know what they are calling me at times.
easystreet

Feb 17, 2010, 7:07 PM
burro yourself ๐Ÿ˜›

and was I right though?
Owenu

Feb 17, 2010, 8:17 PM
that doesn't make the child evil....juts a liar..
RavenSkyhawk

Feb 18, 2010, 12:38 PM
Learn another language like japanesse and whenever you hear someone speak spanish for no reason in the middle of a conversation, switch to it, but pretend nothing is different. I do it all the time. Scares the heck out of people. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Coil

Feb 18, 2010, 6:04 PM
they are Hispanic or as the common pop culture term goes 'Latino'... Spanish would be from Spain, europe. Spanish only applies to the language since it comes from: Spain, Europe.

I hope you enjoyed todays lesson.
wizardofCroz

Feb 18, 2010, 6:51 PM
How do you know they weren't from Spain? So technically they could technically be from Spain and then technically the OP would be politically correct. If they weren't from Spain, someday that evil little spanish child will technically take my job.
sweetcherrygurl

Feb 19, 2010, 4:05 PM
i figured calling him an "evil little Mexican" would cause unnecessary drama. live with the
"spanish".
JTRaven

Feb 19, 2010, 4:29 PM
that could have been way bad
sweetcherrygurl

Feb 19, 2010, 4:54 PM
yes, which is why i chose to be politically correct and say spanish because it was spanish that he was speaking ๐Ÿ˜ i'm such a good girl. lol
JTRaven

Feb 19, 2010, 4:55 PM
sweetcherrygurl said:
i'm such a good girl. lol

Don't lie we know better ha ha jk ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Nobodey

Feb 19, 2010, 4:59 PM
I don't see why though. I am not disagreeing that it would be bad, thats obvious. But to describe someone as "mexican" and someone being offended by it is an insult unto itself.
"How dare you call him Mexican!"
Why? Is being called mexican somehow an insult?
Thats just the world we live in I guess.
sweetcherrygurl

Feb 19, 2010, 7:39 PM
Nobodey said:
I don't see why though. I am not disagreeing that it would be bad, thats obvious. But to describe someone as "mexican" and someone being offended by it is an insult unto itself.
"How dare you call him Mexican!"
Why? Is being called mexican somehow an insult?
Thats just the world we live in I guess.

unfortunately yes.

one of my best friends is Mexican and i'm allowed to call him that but apparently calling other people that isn't okay???? ugh i hate being politically correct.

everything you say now could be taken as racism, yet if someone calls a caucasian a "cracker" or something, the result is usually laughter???? people are too uptight now!!
SHumphries

Feb 20, 2010, 11:26 AM
yea it does suck...I made the mistake years ago calling my aunt (who is from Columbia) Mexican I got the oh no you didn't stare!
wizardofCroz

Feb 20, 2010, 5:12 PM
I don't like to be called a caucasian either, I would prefer: Irish Syrian English Native American American. Thank you.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.