Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Working at an authorized retailer vs. core location

M I K E

Jan 10, 2010, 4:20 PM
I recently started working at an authorized retail location and my co-workers are great and the job is fairly simple but it seems like they do "shady" things to customers accounts without them even knowing. I'm all about customer service, I understand this is a commision job and we're trying to make money but I'm really trying to help customers and be honest with them. Some of the "shady" things that they do here is say that their new phone comes with a free 30-day trial of this and that and the customer thinks it's great and all, but the "shady" part is that if the customers don't cancel those "trial" goodies within a month then they will begin getting charged for them, and I've noticed that my co-workers will sometimes just add it in wit...
(continues)
simmeon

Jan 10, 2010, 4:23 PM
Get out of there. Its those people that make it harder for the rest of us. The free trial thing is kinda standard in a lot of places. But the rest is pretty bad
qualityrocker

Jan 13, 2010, 10:19 AM
But just because the "free trial thing" is pretty standard, doesn't mean it is right.
Murphy

Jan 10, 2010, 4:47 PM
to avoid angry custies add the free trials but keep the info you need to remove it for them.

why would a customer care which line is primary. most cases they dont know what primary means

if you can flip it and get paid more do it

where I am you cant it charges you back
missknoitall444

Jan 15, 2010, 10:54 AM
I think that its the same wherever you go. The thing is you don't have to partake in the "shady" things. You cant control what your co-workers do and thats the same no matter where you work. In any job you will have there are going to be people who will do anything to make more money and thats a fact. But if you keep changing jobs baised on what people are doing then you wont ever have a steady job. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying its ok for them to do what they are doing I'm just saying you cant fix the world so just make the best of it!!! 😁
bryantkd

Jan 15, 2010, 12:53 PM
Flipping the lines can make a big difference to the customer. For instance at verizon it would reset the date on the new every two credit and remove any annual upgrade eligibility that line might have had. I can't tell you how many angry customers I have gotten because someone lost a $100 credit because some shady rep flipped a primary line.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.