Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 65 replies

I swear...

IrishCarBomb

Jan 4, 2010, 6:55 PM
The "I Swear" thread, write down things you want to do the next time a customer does a certain thing to piss you off... I will get it started:

The next time someone asks me why I can't give them a new BB for free because they broke the one they just got, I want to respond:

"Can I jerk off in this cup and watch you drink it?"
wizardofCroz

Jan 4, 2010, 8:00 PM
I swear, if one more customer or call center rep tells me what MY JOB description entales (such as, wasting time with non buying customers, cleaning up after Best Buy, Wal Mart, etc, or showing Mrs Wal Mart how to use her phone) they're getting stabbed in the eyes. And they'll look like this... ๐Ÿ˜‰
famoussasjohn

Jan 5, 2010, 11:00 AM
^ they seem pretty happy to get stabbed in the eyes then..
blakk_chyna

Jan 5, 2010, 11:18 AM
they wouldn't mind as long as it was FREE! ๐Ÿคฃ
zzyo

Jan 6, 2010, 4:56 PM
if i had a nickel for everytime a Patel (last name) haggled me for credits id be FILTHY RICH. Or at lest have enough for a cheesburger
DE 2 Philly

Feb 11, 2010, 7:00 PM
SOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whenever a Patel comes in I run for the back because I know they are going to want everything for free! Or say they've been a customer for 150 years. Or they deserve a free charger.. they are the worst customer to help... they'll also ask you 1,000 questions etc. etc.
qualityrocker

Feb 21, 2010, 9:02 AM
๐Ÿคฃ Everybody in our center cringes when Mr/Mrs Patel calls in!
jchambao

Feb 28, 2010, 7:59 PM
Everyone in our call center knows as soon as you hear the accent that they want credits! It doesn't even have to be a Patel... ๐Ÿ˜
xxbriibriixx

Mar 1, 2010, 10:34 AM
jchambao that is so true! but i never can hear u whenu take calls. ur so quiet! but as soon as i hear the accent. i instantly know i have to get my tough voice ready. so i can say no! lol

me: no i cannot credit ur minute overage

him: what about my text ovarage

me: no

him: how about some rollover minutes

me: no

him: i have been a long time customer! i atleast deserve my data to be credited

me: NO!

him: i would like to speak to ur manager. u are lucky to have my business!

me: i can definitly get my manager! ( and i can give u a credit to go to tmobile! )

att is so lucky to have Mr. Patel. . . lol
jchambao

Mar 1, 2010, 10:40 AM
haha, so true.... or they go:

PATEL:No i did not make those international calls.

Me: sir there were 10 calls, each about 15 mins long....

PATEL: i do not recognize that number, i did not make those calls!

ME: sir, i have to disagree, you have a history of making intl calls.

PATEL: i have been a long time loyal customer with at&t!

ME: sir you have had your acct since 2008...

PATEL: i deserve that credit, i am a loyal customer

ME: im sorry for the inconvenience, but those charges are valid. is there anything else-

PATEL: **hangs up**

haha, thank you for callling....lol, have a wonderful day!! ๐Ÿคฃ
dilligaff1

Feb 24, 2010, 9:07 PM
Patel ? ๐Ÿ‘€ I thought they all got deported ๐Ÿคฃ
Fredd

Feb 25, 2010, 9:52 AM
In India/Pakistan & surrounding countries, Patel is as common of a name as "Smith" is here in the US (or "Johnson" is in MPLS/St Paul). ๐Ÿคฃ
SugaR-E

Feb 10, 2010, 11:24 PM
Your job IS to help CUSTOMERS! Whether they are purchasing or not! I hate store reps, for this exact reason. Thank you for proving my point. You are just being lazy. You need to do your job at the store as to help customers. You get paid to do that. not whine all the time. I am an agent at a call center for AT&T and i get customers bitching that the guys at the store referred them to us, which the only reason is you are to lazy to do it yourself. You do get EXTRA IF you sell but that does not mean that just because a customer does not want to purchase anything at the moment, they are less of a customer. You work to help those who need assistance with their phone. Selfish jerk. Thats why WE love to show you how to do your job since YOU DONT D...
(continues)
I made your mom famous

Feb 10, 2010, 11:31 PM
ha ha she told you wizardofCRAP!! ha ha i wouldn't want to see your upcoming video!!!
wizardofCroz

Feb 17, 2010, 5:39 PM
Yeah she told me... Now I'll start caring about non-buying customers and what the President of my company would say... ๐Ÿ™„

wizardofCRAP

Only after Chipotle
DE 2 Philly

Feb 11, 2010, 7:03 PM
Normally if a customer is referred to care its because we've exhausted all options in the store; I cant speak for your reps, but I know working in a retail store for 5+ years (not AT&T) that we do help customers; but sometimes they'll ask you 1,500 questions, expect you to do things you cant etc. etc. then they'll ask if care can do it; we say prob. not but its up to you if you want to call... I think its a little easier dealing w/ customers over the phone than in store; where you make commission mind you, where commission is most of your pay and if you dont meet your quota you run the risk of being fired or not being able to pay your bills.
OldPhone

Feb 12, 2010, 12:22 PM
As someone who worked in retail stores for several different wireless providers for over 10 years, and now have worked in a customer care call center for two years, I have seen both sides.

Direct retail seem to be better, more helpful, and vastly more knowledgable. Though not always the case.

Yes, working in a store you have quotas and get paid commission. However, working in a call center, we don't get paid as much, have to help people work their phones when you tell them to press the 'back' button and they cannot find a button the back, or know how to turn the phone off or on, and we can get written-up or fired for random statistics, such as having your average call time exceed whatever they deem the correct length.

Both have ...
(continues)
SugaR-E

Feb 12, 2010, 11:10 PM
Exactly!
SugaR-E

Feb 12, 2010, 5:52 PM
Yea and I completely understand but with AT&T Corporate agents they are very unreliable, always screw the customer over, not care about non paying customers, and we have to deal with every mistake they did, well most times. And you know what it is very frustrating. Sometimes they just call in to speak with my manager to complain about a agent at the store that was a real jerk to them. It is still in their job to help customers, customer service representative. How hard is that?
wizardofCroz

Feb 17, 2010, 5:35 PM
1. I am not a customer service representative... you are. I'm a retail sales consultant. Retail...SALES...Consultant.

2. I only refer someone to customer service if I absolutely have to.

3. "Always screw the customer over"....??? That statement is a little ridiculous. I understand that you deal with problems all day, but does that mean every customer that leaves a retail store calls you and complains?

4. I have zero sympathy for someone who buys from a 3rd party retailer. If I am not busy, I will attempt to fix the issue. If I am busy, they will be directed back to the point of sale.

5. Telesales people screw up all the time. Someone came into the store complaining about a telesalesperson, does that mean everyone who works in te...
(continues)
SugaR-E

Feb 24, 2010, 10:05 PM
wizardofCroz said:
3. "Always screw the customer over"....??? That statement is a little ridiculous. I understand that you deal with problems all day, but does that mean every customer that leaves a retail store calls you and complains?

5. Telesales people screw up all the time. Someone came into the store complaining about a telesalesperson, does that mean everyone who works in telesales screws up everytime? It would with your logic.

OK you are being ridiculous. It is more then just ONE person. OK one telesales messed up. But when you get at least 15 calls from customers who have been to the store and have had a horrible experiencing with them. They themselves refuse to go back to the store. And someti...
(continues)
wizardofCroz

Feb 25, 2010, 4:22 PM
Since my other post didn't get through to you, let me ask you this...

How many times a day do you get a call from a customer thanking you for their wonderful experience in the store?

My guess would be none. Why? Because 99 percent of customers who are satisfied will not go out of their way to let others know they are satisfied. They view their satisfaction as a necessary, instead of a privledge. When was the last time you called pizza hut and said, "I'm not hungry right now, just wanted to say good job." ?

Of course it's the reps fault, people aren't going to admit their own fault, just how it is.

As far as fifteen people complaining about store reps, and one person complaining about telesales, look at the numbers. If I could gu...
(continues)
afroman4

Feb 11, 2010, 7:18 PM
maybe we actually want to help them if we are not busy with people wanting to buy but my manager threatens to fire me if i dont blow off people who arent buying...think about that for a second.....we are all not bad and lazy ive have literally been written up twice for helping a customer that didnt not buy a damn thing from the store...
SugaR-E

Feb 12, 2010, 5:32 PM
maybe your Manager should get fired for being a prick. Whether they buy or not, they are CUSTOMERS, what if you were in their shoes? Would you like to be blown off when you really needed help and the call center rep could only do so much since they can't help you find the button that you need to use or they don't have the phone in their hands so they are only going based on what the computer lets them see. Ya know? I understand that you guys get paid by commision but does that mean that you have to treat customers bad? You work for the company and I am pretty sure that if the owner of the company was to hear about all these customers getting blown off just cuz they aren't buyin, you would not have to worry about your commission anymore since...
(continues)
juggalo D

Feb 12, 2010, 7:51 PM
man i work in a little booth by myself and every day i get a customer come in and ask why their bill is way to much 6 or 7 months after i activated them like it was something i did. i tell them that customer care has to look at it to tell them why and they come right back telling me that customer care said i did it or that the customer changed or bought something but of course the customer never remembers. I just wanna tell them to its not my fault and all i can do is pay their bill or they can go home but i have to be nice and friendly and take their yelling till they feel better then pay their bill. ๐Ÿ˜ข its not fair but oh well ๐Ÿ™‚ money is money and some income beets none
SugaR-E

Feb 12, 2010, 11:09 PM
Yea but like the corporate agents are the ones that add unnecessary features that the customer does not even know existed. That is what frustrates me all the time. The poor customers just want a simple plan and no features but because they are so damn selfish that is why they add things to the account without the customers knowledge. If you change the rate plan maybe that is why their bill is so high. Also if YOU promise the customer that YOU will take care of a credit or what ever have you, DO NOT call customer care! YOU made the promise and if you can not keep it, don't make it to begin with. This is why I hate corporate agents.
juggalo D

Feb 13, 2010, 11:53 AM
here here brother
qualityrocker

Feb 21, 2010, 9:13 AM
I am always getting calls from customers claiming the COR store told them to call us to get credit for this or that...I research their account and if I deem the account eligible for the credit then I give it to them...AFTER I educate them on the policy. And then I always refer them to our website. That way they can see the information for themselves in black and white. It is frustrating but it is my job to resolve the customer's issues. I have not failed a survey yet...and I don't want to start now!
branchgurl8

Feb 13, 2010, 3:40 PM
I work as an autho retailer for ATT and when we do call in for customers and credits and such, as we can not do this, we get treated as though we are the evil red headed step children 98% of the time! I don't understand, because we are on the same team, and there is a corp location just one mile down the road that customers come in and refuse to go to beucase they say they are treated so badly there and we are so much nicer, yet we never say one bad word about corp locations or anything! I just don't understand when we call in it's like oooh, you're NOT a corp location.....sigh...then things change!
xxbriibriixx

Mar 1, 2010, 10:59 AM
the funny part about that is that most carriers only care about getting NEW customers. and exsisting customers are already in contract and most likely wont get out of it due to the economy right now. who wants to pay 175.00 per line to get out of a contract when they just got laid off. even if they wanted out they cant afford it. its a sad sad system..
foxymegs

Jan 6, 2010, 9:47 PM
I swear.... when i hear existing customers complaining about not getting a better deal than NEW customers and not understanding y they cant get any phone they want for FREE with an "upgrade" it makes me want to punch puppies! thats bad cuz i luv puppies!
IrishCarBomb

Jan 8, 2010, 8:27 PM
I hate that so much too! WTF! We just gave you a phone for $400 off retail 6 months ago, not our fault you broke it/lost it/got bored with it. Retail is what you will pay until we actually make our money back jack@ss.
DE 2 Philly

Feb 11, 2010, 7:05 PM
TRUE! Thats when I say; buy an LCD TV from Bestbuy, and break it, then take it back and say you want a new different model because you always buy from Bestbuy - aint gonna happen!
kiki_kaluah

Jan 7, 2010, 11:50 AM
the next time a customer practically stands next to me while I'm ringing them up... I'll say, I have personal space issues and just start swinging... ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
jvp3

Jan 8, 2010, 11:30 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
pizzas not for breakfast

Jan 7, 2010, 1:15 PM
the next time i ask a customer, Is there anything else i can do for you today? And they reply with any of the following: You can pay my bill, How bout a credit for being such a loyal customer? You can give me a new phone. I will politely say no and chuckle with them, then when they hang up, i will suspend their service on all lines.
Owenu

Jan 11, 2010, 12:43 PM
๐Ÿ˜ณ
vampyra

Jan 20, 2010, 11:50 PM
pizzas not for breakfast said:
the next time i ask a customer, Is there anything else i can do for you today? And they reply with any of the following: You can pay my bill, How bout a credit for being such a loyal customer? You can give me a new phone. I will politely say no and chuckle with them, then when they hang up, i will suspend their service on all lines.

its a mistreat..believe me...
qtip812

Jan 21, 2010, 6:20 PM
i hate it when they do that
Sigma1570

Jan 9, 2010, 12:03 PM
The next time your kid comes around my counter or starts humping my leg I'm going to kick him in the head.
Owenu

Jan 11, 2010, 12:43 PM
๐Ÿคจ
lilyofthenorth

Feb 10, 2010, 6:16 PM
๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜ณ
ads1525

Jan 9, 2010, 2:11 PM
the next time cust care transfers someone to me to match online pricing, i will demand to speak with their manager and yell and swear at him until he brings it to his manager and demand that they train their employees correctly.
wizardofCroz

Jan 9, 2010, 2:46 PM
CARE just called my store and wanted me to sell a phone at 2 yr commitment pricing, WITHOUT A TWO YEAR CONTRACT!

Me: uhh, why?

CC: well she's getting really upset and doesn't want to sign another contract.

Me: Then she doesn't get another phone. Why should I highten my discount report without any benefit to myself or the company?

CC: So you won't do it?

Me: that's correct, i won't do it.

CC: (long pause) Yeah she broke her phone and has insurance, but she just wants something else.... ๐Ÿ˜•

Me: Tell her too bad...

CC: I can't just say that.

Me: I can, patch her through. Ma'am I understand you broke your phone, however I'm not able to sell you a phone at two year contract pricing...without a two year contract.

Cus...
(continues)
ads1525

Jan 9, 2010, 2:49 PM
one day maybe they will understand that we have rules we have to follow, they can do ALMOST anything, but they expect us to do it for them. wtf?
mist668

Jan 10, 2010, 3:21 PM
I swear the next time I see a mexican come into my store with a lanyard around his/her neck that says "I love mexico" I'm going to fedex them back there.
Owenu

Jan 11, 2010, 12:40 PM
๐Ÿ˜ฒ
vampyra

Jan 21, 2010, 12:02 AM
mist668 said:
I swear the next time I see a mexican come into my store with a lanyard around his/her neck that says "I love mexico" I'm going to fedex them back there.

i have the same feeling about all t he puerto ricans in ohio... there was one guy that had the pr flag hung above the american flag in his yard, i went and snatched the pr flag down and stomped it.
alee

Feb 22, 2010, 3:46 PM
โ˜น๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜› WTF? I am puerto rican and live in Ohio? PR power!!!!!!!!!!!!! What you got? Nuttin. HA! Did I mention that my ancestors slay vampires for a living. Oh yeah, dont make me call my grandpa ๐Ÿคฃ J/K
wizardofCroz

Feb 22, 2010, 4:09 PM
Well, now that I have you here, I'd like to ask you something I've always wondered:

Why do all you guys call people "Jack" ?

Clearly my name isn't Jack, yet everytime you tell me "what's up..." you end the sentence with Jack.
alee

Feb 22, 2010, 4:15 PM
That I would not know. I am actually only half puerto rican. My dad is full puerto rican, so I will ask him and get back to you. Although, I have never heard him call anyone that. I grew up in Ohio most of my life and dont even speak spanish. I am half swedish too so I guess that makes me a SwedeRican.
I_Flogged_molly

Jan 21, 2010, 1:31 AM
There is just too much i want to do, lets start with BB's on preypay

customer- omg! my blackberry wont download mms wtf? did you guys do to my phone?

me -I know your bb wont send mms.... because you can't access the data on the device you need to go to contract to use the service

customer- you mean i stole this phone for nothing? i put 4.99 on my acct every month you better fix this **** or i'm going to boost.

me-ya..... ok like i was saying the bb is not a supported device on pp you would need to go to contract and PAY for a BB data package

customer- wave the 1000 deposit and give me free unlm talk and i will

me- I'm sorry you need spanish? please hold....
qtip812

Jan 21, 2010, 6:19 PM
i would have done the same thing on that one
edzero

Jan 21, 2010, 3:50 PM
the next time i'm checking a $100 bill and the customer says "its good, i just made it this morning" im going to make them eat that bill.
360piecesofme

Feb 9, 2010, 6:35 PM
I swear the next time someone asks me who I am, after I just specifically told them who I was, in my ten hour opening, I will papercut them in the eye and squeeze lemon in it.
Coil

Feb 11, 2010, 7:18 PM
Yeaaaah... you would say something like that...
pizzas not for breakfast

Feb 12, 2010, 12:32 PM
i have to do it.... Everytime i see this thread all i can think about is...

"I swear..... by the moon and the stars in the sky.... i'll be there."
Owenu

Feb 12, 2010, 2:01 PM
I know that song! Da bomb! ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ™‚
looch_himself

Feb 14, 2010, 6:11 PM
Til death do us part....
Owenu

Mar 2, 2010, 3:11 PM
I'll love you with every beat of my heart. And I swear!
izdog13

Feb 13, 2010, 1:33 PM
I swear the next Cricket customer that comes in and tells me that they can't pay their bill and needs an extension...I will say "that sounds like a you problem not a me problem" ๐Ÿ˜
vampyra

Feb 15, 2010, 10:47 PM
the next customer who tells me they want unlimited messaging for 5 lines for no additional charge, im going to cancel their account...
Cellular Phone

Feb 21, 2010, 11:05 AM
Occifer! I swear to drunk I'm not god.
SHumphries

Feb 21, 2010, 12:20 PM
If I have to work in the dumb mall kiosk again on a Saturday night and them little f****ers keep playing with the dummy phones I will wrap the damn coard around there neck and bang there head through the glass!!
sinister

Feb 24, 2010, 6:49 PM
lmao...i've seen a dude do it, don't laugh he puked...that'll teach ya to ask a girl to do it!! ๐Ÿคฃ
juggalo D

Feb 24, 2010, 7:45 PM
All i really wanna do is this:

Them:I have a problem

Me:Nooo.

Them:What

Me:NO!

Them:I wanna see your manager

Me:Ummmmmmmmmm........No.

And the cycle continues ๐Ÿคฃ But that only a dream. Or maybe on the day i decide to quit. Hahahaha

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.