Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 205 replies

Customer Pet Peeves

musicaldelial

Dec 31, 2009, 3:07 PM
Let's hear it. I hate when cx start talking right in the middle of my sentence and completely ignore what i am saying, only to ask me to repeat it later.
ATTRetailerRep

Dec 31, 2009, 3:15 PM
Customers that don't understand why they can't get the 2 Year Commit price on a phone whenever they want.
ads1525

Dec 31, 2009, 3:48 PM
foreigners.
qualityrocker

Jan 12, 2010, 4:25 PM
I love the Patels and the Habibs! 🤣
rudedogtrev

Apr 17, 2010, 10:02 AM
LOL....makes them sound like Apu from the Quickee mart on the simpsons
w1ndex

Jan 3, 2010, 10:24 AM
..but I want to extend my contract 2 years TODAY, what kinda business are you running anyway!

🙄
sinister

Feb 24, 2010, 1:41 PM
1. retailers that do anything to make a sale, including adding features without making the customer aware & upselling features they "claim" are required to activate the rebate.
2. retailers that totally mess up an account & won't admit to it when calling customer care & telling the rep on the phone that they don't have the ability to credit, knowing full well you do...you just don't want it to affect your store credit...well guess what? i DON'T credit back activation fees OR upgrade fees, if you promised the customer it would be done...follow through & do it or guess what? how about not promising it all? there's a novel concept!!
SugaR-E

Mar 2, 2010, 6:40 PM
I feel your pain 🙄
retailer_ATT

Mar 10, 2010, 7:30 PM
actually, believe it or not some can't issue credits. I know for a fact that our retailer cannot.
cationatl

Mar 17, 2010, 10:10 PM
Yes you can. Stores just don't want to and its usually by directive from upper store management. Customer care is not a bank and does not issue credits on a whim. Quit promising customers stuff you can't deliver on!
Dollgrin

Mar 23, 2010, 2:07 PM
Right now stores in our district are FORBIDDEN from using credits, and if anyone gives a credit in store it can lead to termination. So no, not every is ALLOWED to give credits, even if they have the ability to do so.
80dollarcarcharger

Apr 15, 2010, 4:04 PM
exactly, what is wrong with the person saying it's possible? Until you've been in a store, don't speak on it. Stay in your comfortable seat, with headphones, and keep giving misleading informaton.

Customer Care is always sending customers in here saying that they qualify for offers that we can't match. Learn your facts before you promise these customers anything. Realize that if it's a special offer that isn't NORMAL, then the store MORE THAN LIKELY CAN'T match it
kendrat

Mar 19, 2010, 6:07 PM
Correct most areas cannot if you need a creidt issues and a partcular person told you that they can do it you need to talk to that person. Not everyone can issue those There are different departments for different services
atthd

Feb 27, 2010, 11:27 AM
😈 i absolutly hate it when cust talk over me and cut me off and then they wonder why they don't understand something.....it's like hello if u wld shut ur mouth then just maybe u wld understand something
wizardofCroz

Dec 31, 2009, 3:51 PM
People that come into the store, or walk up to the kiosk on their phone and expect me to have a conversation with them while they are on said phone.
iljaaf21

Feb 23, 2010, 6:25 PM
Or the ones who walk in talking on their phones, ask you to hold on and then get pissed when you take the next customer before them.
rey000

Dec 31, 2009, 3:53 PM
Customers who blankly stare at you like you're lying when you're explaining why their bill is higher from overages.
qualityrocker

Jan 12, 2010, 4:26 PM
Because YOU somehow put the charges on there yourself because you're out to get them, right!?! 👿
attwork

Dec 31, 2009, 4:23 PM
Ebonics. 😡
wizardofCroz

Dec 31, 2009, 4:26 PM
Old people that bring in an AT&T home phone and expect us to replace it

People that say (after 20 minutes of conversation) "Wait, is this Cricket?"

... People that think they're entitled to a free car charger because "They always give me one"...

"My phone stopped working" what did you do to it? "Dropped it in the toilet, but I put it in rice so it should still work?"(after handing it to you)

... "I want an iPhone, blackberry, windows, with no data plan and no contract, FOR FREE"...

"I never go on the internet with my phone" (while holding a phone that's 5 years old)...

"I've never called Russia!" (Sure you didn't Mr. Borkovich)
dualitycomplex

Dec 31, 2009, 5:39 PM
people who chew gum, or suck on hard candies loudly, that sick sucking clicking sound that you hear just once and then for the entire time no matter how far away said sub human is away from you all you can hear is their offensive mouth noises.
NEPats726420

Jan 8, 2010, 1:46 PM
i cant stand loud gum chewers!!
ACSer4Sprint

Dec 31, 2009, 5:39 PM
wizardofCroz said: "I've never called Russia!" (Sure you didn't Mr. Borkovich)

🤣 🤣 🤣

And they always have a thick accent... Same thing with Jose... "No I no call zee Mexico, I no from there" 🤣
dualitycomplex

Dec 31, 2009, 5:41 PM
if your mexicans speak english your a leg up on me.
ACSer4Sprint

Dec 31, 2009, 5:42 PM
😎 Tru dat
PHONESCOOP LORD

Jan 1, 2010, 1:42 PM
leprecon123

Mar 6, 2010, 10:04 AM
Or they can't speak english but somehow miss the begining of the ivr telling them to pick the spanish que.
WernerCD

Mar 16, 2010, 5:08 PM
Playing telefono game about complicated plans and phone choices.

Hay'suse help if we have to get into international plans/rates, data requirements...
Rowan

Apr 16, 2010, 10:18 PM
Wow they brought an English speaker with them? That's pretty upscale.
cationatl

Mar 17, 2010, 10:14 PM
How about Mexicans that speak perfect English but want to speak to us in Spanish anyway?
nursejenn132

Feb 24, 2010, 9:57 AM
lmao. YES
rudedogtrev

Apr 17, 2010, 10:51 AM
and heaven forbid they detect that you pronounce their name correctly. 4 years of highschool spanish and Ms Birdsall's voice rings in my ear about correct pronunciation. Mexican customer's will go off in spanish rattling on and on and I can't get a word in edgewise. Thank God for spanish queue speed dial...LOL
Coil

Dec 31, 2009, 6:23 PM
and it's like... the further back I move, the further forward they follow.
sweetcherrygurl

Dec 31, 2009, 7:09 PM
"I've been with you for TWENTY YEARS so you should give me everything for free"

"Don't lie to me I know you can do it here"

When they come into my store asking for my help, waste my time, then completely ignore me and say that their way is better.

etc.
Coil

Jan 2, 2010, 8:48 PM
"BUT I'VE BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER SINCE BEFORE TIME ITSELF!"
xxbriibriixx

Feb 24, 2010, 1:18 PM
i hate the "ive been with you guys forever, this is the least you can do for me" um no. not really..... u have broken arrangments. past due balances, curtesy credits all the time.

so its kinda like yeah.. u can actually go to another carrier now... please? i will give u a credit to leave us.. lol
wdfichtel

Apr 14, 2010, 10:35 AM
xxbriibriixx said:
i hate the "ive been with you guys forever, this is the least you can do for me" um no. not really..... u have broken arrangments. past due balances, curtesy credits all the time.

No kidding. On the rare occasion you have a customer that has been with you 6 years, has NEVER had any sort of an adjustment - I'll bend over backwards to help them out when they call in, because the problem is more than likely legit. But the customer who has 6 months account tenure with hundreds of dollars in "courtesy" adjustments... he better have a damn good reason for trying to get something from me.
jchambao

Feb 28, 2010, 4:37 PM
I hear that about 20-30 times a day, and they have only had their account since 2008! Thats long-time loyalty alright 😉
sinister

Feb 24, 2010, 1:50 PM
yeah try assisting over 60 customers a day after a REP has messed up their account, for instance...here's a doozie i deal with daily, store rep being the brilliant know it he/she is adds a line of service in a COMPLETELY new account, now the customer has not ONE but TWO accounts...or wait wait, adding a line of service & putting it in a totally SEPARATE plan instead of adding it to the group plan it was intended for...my opinion? reps shouldn't be allowed to mess with the accounts, reps should only be allowed to SELL the phone.
Coil

Feb 28, 2010, 12:00 PM
sinister said:
my opinion? reps shouldn't be allowed to mess with the accounts, reps should only be allowed to SELL the phone.

You must be talking about walmart/best buy employees. Or new guys. Your bandwagon logical fallacy that all 'reps' (as you so elloquently refer to us as) **** up contracts. Where I work that never happens. We do what the customer wants. And the customer wants what we make them want. Don't blame people able to make a sale for your job choice.
WernerCD

Mar 16, 2010, 5:17 PM
I've made mistakes myself.

I accidentally upgrade a line on a family plan and then instead of moving the *FAMILY* plan to a lower minute option, I inadvertantly moved a *SINGLE LINE* onto it's own plan.

4 months later they come back asking for unlimited data to stop the over charges and higher bills. D'oh.

Got that one fixed tho.

Granted there are also employees that setup different lines SIMPLY because you get more commision on a new line vs add-a-line.

I can only imagine the stories cust reps deal with from Wal-Mart employee's.
ATTRetailerRep

Mar 17, 2010, 12:37 PM
Isn't there system pretty dumbed down? I've been told it's not much harder to use than a burger king register, you know they just have to press the picture of the burger etc...
wizardofCroz

Mar 17, 2010, 12:43 PM
I had a custy go the cheap route and get a free blackberry from wal-mart. The outcome? DATA ONLY.. 😳 .. He had roaming charges everytime he made a phone call.
wizardofCroz

Feb 28, 2010, 4:17 PM
Only in a perfect world. If I could tell every customer that wasn't buying a phone to get out and call customer care because I'm only allowed to "SELL" the phone...well... let's just say I'd live longer than I will now.

I love this conversation with care reps:

CARE: Out of good faith I've put in the notes that he can come into a store and exchange his phone for a new one.

M: Uhh, no.

CARE: 😕 huh?

M: His original phone was purchased three months ago and this is a warranty replacement.

CARE: But it's in the notes (or el notes)

M: Then you can send him one and take a hit on your discount report, but I'm not.

CARE: But it's out of good faith! And my manager already approved it.

M: I...don't....care about your manag...
(continues)
menoch

Mar 23, 2010, 6:13 PM
Wow Sin, you really hate store reps! Do you have a big enough container to hold all that venom your spewing at us? I'm with cust care and I have to say none of my top 5 pet peeves have to deal with store reps.

Number 1 is people who are angry all the time and have to make everyone they come into contact miserable. (does that sound familiar to you??)
menoch

Mar 23, 2010, 6:52 PM
Really?

You really believe that? You have all kinds of customers. There are the ones that will ONLY talk to us on the phone. Those are the annoying ones that you have to spend 30 mins to order them a damn phone. There are the ones who do everything online and they are amazing and we don't ever have to deal with them or they completely f*ck their acct and scream at me to fix it. And then you have the ones that want to be face to face and talk to a rep and be there while changes are made to their account.

We need all 3 and there are issues with all avenues of service. Get over yourself. We all have our jobs and we all do them. Whether or not we do them right or wrong - you don't need to constantly bitch to everyone about the few f...
(continues)
kendrat

Mar 19, 2010, 6:11 PM
Lol I like when they say I've been with this company for 25 years and the company has only been around for like 10 it's so funny.
qualityrocker

Jan 12, 2010, 4:27 PM
I hate it when they snore into the phone and they're not even sleeping! 😈
xxbriibriixx

Feb 24, 2010, 1:18 PM
wow haha i have never had that one lol that is hilarious!
qualityrocker

Feb 24, 2010, 2:20 PM
They're not really snoring but they are breathing soooo heavy! It drives me nuts! 😡
JayNSilentBob

Dec 31, 2009, 8:43 PM
When stupid people call in and don't understand if your phone has been cracked, broke in half, damaged, dropped in the tiolet, exposed to liquids, screen cracked, keys missing why it's not covered under warranty, really, what do you not understand about limited warranty???

bigger pet peeves is when the sales reps in the retail store give these types of customer our number and tell them to call us and we will exchange their phone and over night it for no cost, makes me want to refer every customer i talk to, to a retail store and tell them they can get the Iphone for $1
meeshxsmith

Jan 3, 2010, 8:28 PM
I agree!!
NEPats726420

Jan 8, 2010, 1:44 PM
JayNSilentBob said:
bigger pet peeves is when the sales reps in the retail store give these types of customer our number and tell them to call us and we will exchange their phone and over night it for no cost, makes me want to refer every customer i talk to, to a retail store and tell them they can get the Iphone for $1

did it ever occur to you that these customers are prolly making that story up
buyers are liars
rey000

Jan 14, 2010, 3:40 PM
AGREED!
sinister

Feb 24, 2010, 2:10 PM
yeah...no i don't think they're lying, unless your're going to tell me that about half of the phone calls i get are people saying the same thing about one or another retailer saying the SAME assinine thing. this rep isn't the only one getting these calls about the retailers thanx!!
alee

Feb 24, 2010, 4:48 PM
At the same time, I could go on an on about customer care sending in customers for free sim cards and equipment exchanges where the original purchase was made online or over the phone. Happens ALL the time, but, it is what it is.
sinister

Feb 24, 2010, 5:27 PM
lmao i send em in for free sim cards cause you guys STEAL their brand new sim cards that come with the phone...i think it's a fair trade seein how you guys say your gonna waive somethin & don't & tell em to call customer care to get the credit...so yeah, it is what it is
alee

Feb 24, 2010, 5:54 PM
Who is "you guys" cause I know that isnt me. I dont steal anything and my customers including SIM cards. I know the importance of a good SIM card although I am sure not everyone does. My point is, dont generalize, its sort of like saying all Indians are alcoholics. And besides, this thread is titled customer pet peaves, not agent pet peaves.
qualityrocker

Jan 13, 2010, 9:56 AM
But don't put anything in the notes! Or if you do just put in half the story!
sinister

Feb 24, 2010, 2:06 PM
lol i refer the customer back to the retailer to get the no cost replacement sim card when their origianl sim card goes bad seeing how the retailers opt NOT to give 99% of their customers their NEW sim card if they choose to use their old one!!
USCCFANINKS

Jan 2, 2010, 3:42 PM
Customers who want everything FOR FREE, because somehow they think they are entitled to it, even when their account is delinquent...
dopeygirl

Jan 2, 2010, 4:20 PM
Customers who hold their screaming baby while attempting to talk to me.

Put the baby down and then you can talk to me 👿
Chobee

Jan 2, 2010, 4:25 PM
Or ones that let their kids run around pulling off price tags and throwing accessories...
xxbriibriixx

Feb 24, 2010, 1:25 PM
haha that is just awsome, and some how they happen to leave without fixing anything right>?
xxbriibriixx

Feb 24, 2010, 1:23 PM
oh the people who are on the house phone with you and their cell phone rings and they put u on hold while they chit chat to their friend about some damn shoe sale, and meanwhile u are on hold listening to all of it for 5 minutes!
kendrat

Mar 19, 2010, 6:18 PM
Lol. I love that. 🤣 They do it all the time. Their account is extrememly negative or they have not paid. My friend told me that one of her customers told her to pay for the phone for her. I laughed! And said that customer is an idiot And also I go to a lot of retail stores. And I have noticed one thing at each one. Customers seem think they can get things free. You are in a contract and have not completed it. What logic are you using. You are teh one who signed the contract. You should have read the fine print and everyone who is somewhat smart and can read will tell you if you are not out of contract you cannot get a phone for a leseer price unless you are far enough in to get some discounts off. So ppl please stop wasting people's ti...
(continues)
kiki_kaluah

Jan 3, 2010, 2:30 PM
when they hang over the side of the register watching what I'm typing and how I ring up their sale.

BACK UP!

I've even put something in the way and they still try to elbow their way in!!
sinister

Feb 24, 2010, 2:18 PM
HA they do that because i told them to do it...wow i didn't think they actually listened. my recommendation to any consumer when they're dealing with the car sharks aka retailers is to make the rep SHOW them what they've done so they can see the screw up before they leave the store. kind of like checking your fast food order before you leave the drive-thru so you can bang on the window & go hey HEY you forgot the straw!! same concept honey...don't get offended.
madhatter923

Jan 3, 2010, 3:05 PM
when cust. why should we bye from your store when wal-mart is cheaper than you
sinister

Feb 24, 2010, 2:20 PM
well why should they? you seem to have no problem selling your first born child to them to make the sale so why not wheel & deal a lil?
alee

Feb 24, 2010, 5:57 PM
Hey Sinister, have you EVER sold a phone in a retail environment?
JoeyEsquire

Mar 12, 2010, 11:46 PM
Sinister doesn't know anything other than "Ok I want you to take out the battery and wait 15 seconds... now put it back in and turn on the phone. Does that work? No? Ok let me transfer you"
SprintCC

Mar 13, 2010, 5:17 PM
Awfully ****y seeing as how you seem to be one of the people that the care reps probably complain loudly about.

You can keep thinking you're superior- but remember that you're not quite as good as you think you are. I promise there are people in care making as much or more money and they actually fix issues rather than driving even more customer interactions. Funny, but since my pay depends on the customer saying the issue was resolved and not how many needless features I can add to an account I don't tend to just transfer or try to slam customers like you want to believe.
WernerCD

Mar 16, 2010, 5:32 PM
You want someone who will answer your questions honestly? and KNOWS the answers?
You want someone who knows what the difference between CDMA and GSM?
You want someone who you can call back when you have a problem?

Or

You want to save two dollars?
You want to get no help except for getting rung up?
Don't need explanations about how how that new Droid works?
You want a slightly trained idiot dealing with the finer details of a 2 year deal?

Your call.
sprintguy19

Mar 25, 2010, 5:58 PM
$2? Try more like $50 or $100, depending on the phone. I'll take the cheaper phones, thanks very much.
edzero

Mar 25, 2010, 6:18 PM
for the average person who doesnt use phones for a living and needs help understanding new phones, Walmart is doing a dis-service to them. They are selling them a dirt cheap phone, asking them to sign a legal contract that I'm gonna assume will not be properly explained to them, and then telling the customer to call customer service or visit one of the stores. Then we have to clean up the mess they left behind. Thats "why not Walmart".
llama

Mar 26, 2010, 8:03 AM
As long as there are company folks to clean up the Wal-Marts of the world, there will always be dealers. No overhead for the company...

Get use to it.

I'm also assuming you never step foot into Wal-Mart for anything...
edzero

Mar 26, 2010, 9:14 AM
I do use Wal-Mart for plenty of things. There are some things that WalMart s great for. I just feel there are some things they should not be selling. I should not have to do my entire sales pitch to someone to just have them go buy it at WalMart and then bring it back to me to show them how to work it. Dont get me wrong, I will spend an hour with you and your phone if you bought it from my store and I have the time, but i'm here to sell phones and make money....not give everyone a lesson on cellphones 101...thats the internets job.
llama

Mar 26, 2010, 10:01 AM
But Joe Schmo buys a Blackberry at Wal-Mart...comes to your corporate store...you have no choice but to help that custie...

That's how it is.

Now, if you're a dealer, you have the option to help or not.
Rowan

Apr 16, 2010, 9:58 PM
Yet another use of the high powered nearly universly appropriate answer is called for here:

management decided to contract with Wal-Mart. management knows that Wal-Mart sucks. Management knows that Wal-Mart's check will not bounce. Management went to Wal-mart for the same reason walmart shoppers go there. Wal-Mart is cheap. If they employ slave labor who cares?...not management.
rey000

Jan 3, 2010, 7:59 PM
I hate when cx come in without saying anything but there's a bluetooth in their ear. And then when you greet them they completely ignore you. Then a minute later they're saying something and you're like 'excuse me?' and they still don't say anything. wtf!

I hate when you're behind the counter helping a customer and all of a sudden another customer comes up right next to them puts their stuff on the counter as if I'm going to help them immediately and completely ignore who I'm helping.
meeshxsmith

Jan 3, 2010, 8:03 PM
Bluetooths do annoy me too. Sometimes I don't know who they are talking to: Me or the person on the phone!
Fredd

Jan 5, 2010, 3:49 PM
Maybe they are talking to that little voice in their head....
Coil

Jan 5, 2010, 4:38 PM
I think sometimes, some of them, are just pretending to appear to be more socially active than they really are.
rey000

Jan 5, 2010, 6:07 PM
Agreed.

Like teenies walking around the mall with the phone on their ear not even saying anything.
HotPocket

Jan 4, 2010, 7:27 PM
"I hate when you're behind the counter helping a customer and all of a sudden another customer comes up right next to them puts their stuff on the counter as if I'm going to help them immediately and completely ignore who I'm helping."

Good ooone. I hate it. Even the customer I'm helping looks over like wtf? Ugh. I'm praying for the day that someone looks over and says. Uh uh. Excuse me? You need to back up before I pop you in the mouth!
NEPats726420

Jan 8, 2010, 1:32 PM
HotPocket said:
I'm praying for the day that someone looks over and says. Uh uh. Excuse me? You need to back up before I pop you in the mouth!

seen it, it was awesome!!
meeshxsmith

Jan 10, 2010, 5:11 PM
Really? 😳
Murphy

Jan 4, 2010, 7:29 PM
that is all
HotPocket

Jan 4, 2010, 7:31 PM
Whenever someone hands me a bill out from their butt pocket that is SOAKED with sweat. Or rifle through teir size 48 H bra to pull out some twenties.

Procedure to handle Nipple and/or Butt Grease money

1)Freak out.
2)Spray with Lysol or 20% Bleach solution.
3)Wash hands with scalding hot water.
4)Pray that the bacteria dies off.
jvp3

Jan 8, 2010, 3:11 PM
I love the title of this thread. Sounds like something you'd shout out at a club.

"Dirty Butt Boob Money! Dirty Butt Boob Money!"
Mossberg

Jan 10, 2010, 4:03 PM
I found a new name for our band. 😎
meeshxsmith

Jan 10, 2010, 5:12 PM
5) Always wear protective gloves 😎
sinister

Feb 24, 2010, 2:29 PM
so wait...first eeewww & second? totally amazes me that you even have a procedure for that when common response from me at least is...sorry i can't take that...yeah, no sorry honey get the manager not handlin your boob sweat or even go so far as to find some tongs, i would totally embarrass the crap out of that person
ecycled

Mar 12, 2010, 7:42 PM
not just money.... add phones to that.

I hate when old ladies walk in and pull the phone outta their bra (usually liquid damaged). I want to punch whomever told them that was a good idea. The first few times I asked why they do that, and the universal answer "If I'm in a car wreck I don't want my phone somewhere I can't find it."

WTF!!
rudedogtrev

Apr 17, 2010, 11:08 AM
ROTFLMFAO
rudedogtrev

Apr 17, 2010, 11:18 AM
And another thing...why is it that it's only the fat ones with toes that look like knuckles with corn chips for toenails that pull dirty stinky bra money out? Why can't we get a J'Lo or Angelina pulling money out of their bras? I'd actually like to see that and would probably add an extra dollar to their bill to see em pull out more money.
SneakyRebelNinja

Jan 6, 2010, 4:26 PM
1 - In serious need of a dentist 😁 (
SneakyRebelNinja

Jan 6, 2010, 4:34 PM
(Not sure what happened with the first post. Let's try this again.)
--------------------------------------------- --
1 - In serious need of a dentist 😁 (
SneakyRebelNinja

Jan 6, 2010, 4:35 PM
ok i quit
NEPats726420

Jan 8, 2010, 1:32 PM
you forgot 2 and 3!!
rey000

Jan 7, 2010, 3:13 PM
I hate it when customer's have a problem and get aggressive with me. Then they 'threaten' me by asking to cancel their account. My favorite though is when I get to tell them their termination fees. 🙂 They get mad that the fee will be so high. 😁 They do the wtf rant and ask their wtf questions. 🤣

My answer usually ends up being...
1.) It's that way because you signed a contract that stated this will be your fees for terminating.
2.) If you do decide to cancel you're going to end up spending even MORE money because you will have to pay activation fees elsewhere.
3.) They charge the fee because YOU, the customer who signed the contract and accepted the charges, are breaking you're CONTRACT and m...
(continues)
qualityrocker

Jan 13, 2010, 10:04 AM
I love throwing in there that their contract is a legally binding document! And then I ask them if they are asking me to break the law!?! Their tone of voice changes...it is priceless!
rey000

Jan 14, 2010, 2:56 PM
😈

next time......................................... .............
pantherfan0823

Jan 19, 2010, 7:38 PM
i like that one i goin to use next time
iljaaf21

Feb 25, 2010, 12:55 PM
I actaully had one customer tell me once that his lawyer told him we legally couldn't charge him that fee. I couldn't help my self and a laugh came bubbling out! 🙂 Once I started explaining to him that he signed a LEAGAL BINDING CONTRACT he got huffy and left.
brisk87

Jan 20, 2010, 6:14 PM
ooooo im gonna use those!! 🙂
sinister

Feb 24, 2010, 2:33 PM
lol those are the fun calls...cancel your account? okay no problem are you on the phone? is anyone else on the account on the phone? if they are you better tell them to get off cause you said cancel & i'm cancelling. but but wait aren't you going to offer me something to keep my business? lmao uhh no....
qualityrocker

Feb 24, 2010, 4:04 PM
by the way there is $175 Early Term Fee per line! 🤣
Coil

Mar 2, 2010, 5:27 PM
Be more of a dick makes it easier to switch them over... 😈
retailer_ATT

Mar 10, 2010, 7:45 PM
you signed the contract without reading it? way to be a responsible adult lolz
menoch

Mar 23, 2010, 6:27 PM
I love telling them 'No, I will not waive your ETF. Oh, you have been a loyal customer for years and that should count for something? But why would I reward you for your customer loyalty by waiving a penalty for breaking your contract with my company so you can go to another carrier? You hate me and I'm a what? You will sue me and my company? Go right ahead!!'
kendrat

Mar 26, 2010, 9:23 AM
LOL : ) I love that 🤣
foxymegs

Jan 7, 2010, 4:11 PM
cust calls in cuz for what ever issue they have. and they r yellin and cussin @ kids. so much backround noise that i cant even hear myself talk let alone the cust then they get pissed cuz they have to repeat themselves. i wana b like "tell ur dumb @ss kids 2 shut up or leave the room and we might b able to acomplish sumthing!" 😡
edzero

Jan 7, 2010, 5:59 PM
entitlement....that is my biggest customer pet peeve. Just because you pay a bill for a service to your carrier does not mean you should get everything for free or at a discount. This is not a flea market. You can not haggle over prices with me...if you want flea market prices, you get flea market quality. Usually the better off neighborhoods are much more likely to be like this. I have no patience for that.
sinister

Feb 24, 2010, 2:38 PM
what i can't stand...besides retailers *cough cough*...are call center managers that don't back up their agents. here you are on a call that goes hot, you've already told the customer they get NOTHING & then the manager gets on the phone & not ONLY do they cave in but they're apologizing to the customer that you were following policy!! a lil back bone please?
qualityrocker

Feb 24, 2010, 4:05 PM
THANK YOU! Took the words right out of my mouth! 😎
alee

Feb 24, 2010, 6:19 PM
I bet that happens to you often, you dont sound to be too great at your job.
Coil

Jan 8, 2010, 1:34 PM
When they come to activate a phone they somehow acquired elsewhere. What a ****ing waste of time. Mother ****ers.
sinister

Feb 24, 2010, 2:40 PM
i guess that would be a waste of time, i mean god forbid you miss out on a commission & actually help a customer...i mean geez what are you? a customer service agent? pffffttt...
SHumphries

Feb 24, 2010, 7:59 PM
Hell thats extra money in my pocket activateing a COE or even so charge a ESN change fee
iljaaf21

Feb 25, 2010, 1:09 PM
Where do you work that charges ESN fees? We do it for free in my AT&T location.
wizardofCroz

Feb 25, 2010, 1:16 PM
You can charge anything for anything 😉
Good way to get your accessory sales up.

Ohh you need a "sims chip" because you're too stupid to remember a four digit password that YOU created? That'll be 19.95.
SHumphries

Feb 28, 2010, 1:38 PM
we can do it for free, but when you can charge them thats extra money for you and its free money
meeshxsmith

Jan 8, 2010, 4:01 PM
It still irriates me when people ask the question "Are you in the States?" Yes I am! So just put up with my accent and if you be nice I will not start tripping over my own native language 🤭
qualityrocker

Jan 13, 2010, 10:06 AM
LOL!
NCW

Jan 19, 2010, 7:34 PM
One day...

Me: Hello good morn--

Cust: Get me someone in the States please!

I mean, I didn't even had time to let my accent sink in! (I'm Latin)

This other one happens frequently, 90% of the times a customer's request doesn't end in success (mostly with payment arrangements) and way into the call...

Cust: Get me someone who speaks English.

Rebuttal: And exactly what have we been speaking for the last five minutes?

True story to the above: I was being monitored at random and my QA summoned me after the call. Being prone to picking up fights frequently, I knew what it was trouble. I was told that they needed an example of customer bigotry and my call fit in nicely.

I didn't need to worry about being monitored for the ne...
(continues)
jchambao

Feb 28, 2010, 3:51 PM
🤣
me12

Apr 14, 2010, 9:20 PM
I get frustrated by this too... Im British in New Mexico, and get
C: 'Why am I calling overseas?'
Me: 'I'm british in New Mexico.'
C: 'I want speak to someone in America!'
Me: 'I am in America, it's NEW Mexico'
C: 'Why is a british person in Mexico?'
Me: 'Im in NEW MEXICO! That is apart of America!'

Some people bug me
ruler_goddess

Apr 15, 2010, 3:50 PM
Some people think New Mexico is out of the counrty.
me12

Apr 15, 2010, 3:57 PM
Yea it is quite amusing! 😁
I would like to give these special people pat's on the head 🙄
ruler_goddess

Apr 15, 2010, 4:00 PM
I'll be moving there soon and when I tell people that there like why are you moving out of the country? and im just like 😳 🤨
me12

Apr 16, 2010, 1:02 PM
bless their cotton socks! 🤣
ruler_goddess

Apr 16, 2010, 1:26 PM
I know some people 🤨
DDelucca

Jan 14, 2010, 10:25 AM
I hate it when you have a store full of customers and you're right in the middle of a new line or upgrade and that one person comes in the store runs up to your counter, interupts and says excuse me I just have a QUICK question, can I see if I'm due an upgrade? 🙄
BoredatSprint

Jan 14, 2010, 12:54 PM
Yeah I hate run on sentences too.
BoredatSprint

Jan 14, 2010, 1:10 PM
Damn. 😛 😡
rudedogtrev

Apr 17, 2010, 11:41 AM
If you're an AT&T rep you can tell them "Yes you can check that yourself on your device by dialing *639# and pressing the send key. a free text message will be sent to your device with your upgrade eligibility enclosed. Thank You!" Say it so sickengly sweet that they will leave you alone...LOL
rey000

Jan 14, 2010, 3:21 PM
I hate when people say they want basic phones then ask hella questions about iphones or any other pda.

Or when they say they don't want any features on a phone. Then I sell them a phone and they ask what features it comes with and are disappointed that it doesn't play music, etc.
wizardofCroz

Jan 15, 2010, 10:10 AM
Agreed. If I could eliminate one phrase that customers say it would be, "Why didn't they tell me that?"

C: Yeah I called the 611 and asked about an upgrade, she said i was ready.

M: Great, (after finding the right phone, etc) there will also be an 18 dollar upgrade fee on the bill

C: why didn't they tell me that?

M: BECAUSE YOU TOUCH YOURSELF AT NIGHT!!!! No actually, when the time comes to tell you, they flip a coin. Heads, they tell you. Tails they don't. Looks like you fell into the tails category. Seriously, why are you asking me about someone else's train of thought?
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 15, 2010, 7:31 PM
people who come to me and ask when verizon's getting the iPhone. GOOGLE IT. there's only rumors right now. and even if i had been told, i can't tell you because i value my job. and saying "come on, i know you know something" won't convince me. i will not satiate your curiosity in exchange for my job.
Coil

Jan 16, 2010, 8:39 PM
They have an exclusivity liscence for a long time... But, I don't think it really matters anymore. It's not 2007 it's 2010. There's better phones than an iphone. Oooh you can blow on it great, blow your phone, you won't have any coverage but you'll get good at blowing the ****ing iphone.
pantherfan0823

Jan 19, 2010, 8:03 PM
when they ask if i like the iphone or why does sprint not have the iphone or can u unlock the iphone
kendrat

Mar 22, 2010, 3:47 PM
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😲
sinister

Feb 24, 2010, 3:36 PM
lol you gotta love this phrase...well ma'am the usage you see on your bill is from the period of time before you added the family messaging unlimited. "but but nobody told me that i would have to pay for the usage that i had before i added the feature, why should i have to pay for it? no one told me"
Coil

Jan 16, 2010, 8:37 PM
rey000 said:
I hate when people say they want basic phones then ask hella questions about iphones or any other pda.

iphone is a smartphone, not a pda
sinister

Feb 24, 2010, 3:29 PM
hmmm...do ya tell em that the $30.00 data package is required? i wonder...
qualityrocker

Feb 24, 2010, 4:07 PM
They do but then they tell them to call us to remove it! LOL! 👿
sinister

Feb 24, 2010, 6:37 PM
lmao too true 🤣
rey000

Mar 18, 2010, 6:36 PM
not for ATT. The IMEI adds the data package for me and can't be removed for services after nov. 1, 2009 give or take a week.

And yes I always explain the data package because I would hate for a cx to come to me complaining and I'm the only one to blame. **** that. I'll cover my aS*
Rowan

Apr 16, 2010, 10:07 PM
It's the "new English". "I want a basic phone" means: I want a phone that does everything forever without needing a new battery for 10 years and I want it free with no contract. Hurry up my crack dealer is waiting.

You just need to learn that "new English".

Here is another example. "I paid on time every month I can't be past due" means:"I send you a check now and then and not all of them bounce so just pretend you don't notice and reconnect my service. Hurry up my crack dealer needs to call me.
dopeygirl

Jan 17, 2010, 2:31 PM
I HATE when a customer calls me, sales, and asks immediately to be transferred to technical support. Or, even better, YELLS "TECH SUPPORT YOU F***ING MORON!!!!" like the customer that I just had did.

Sir, if you would have listened to the recording for literally 5 more seconds, it would have told you to hit 3 for tech support. Since you did not have the extra 5 seconds worth of patience it took to get to the correct department, please allow me to transfer you there. And since you asked so politely, I'll do that quickly, just for you 🙂

BTW, you did say you spoke spanish, right?
vampyra

Jan 19, 2010, 11:39 PM
dopeygirl said:
I HATE when a customer calls me, sales, and asks immediately to be transferred to technical support. Or, even better, YELLS "TECH SUPPORT YOU F***ING MORON!!!!" like the customer that I just had did.

Sir, if you would have listened to the recording for literally 5 more seconds, it would have told you to hit 3 for tech support. Since you did not have the extra 5 seconds worth of patience it took to get to the correct department, please allow me to transfer you there. And since you asked so politely, I'll do that quickly, just for you 🙂

BTW, you did say you spoke spanish, right?

transfer to spanish news channel.... lol
sinister

Feb 24, 2010, 6:39 PM
lmao i thought i was the only one that did that 🤣
Grim Reaper.

Jan 19, 2010, 7:50 PM
The "I broke my phone and had a million dollar client/broker/celebrity in my contact list and nows it's gone!"

The fact that they have not tattooed that "million dollar number" to their body makes me chuckle.
ulcards

Jan 19, 2010, 11:26 PM
Or cust calls in:

C: I traveled to so-so and my phone didnt work, I'm this big business person and I lost alot of business calls I need you to adjust my acct for my losses- (and then they give me this thousands of dollars total).

First off custy you didnt call to allow us to add the needed roaming internationally activation codes so you loose and you could be unemployeed living with your parents for all I know.
Grim Reaper.

Jan 20, 2010, 10:43 AM
Have to love to hate them.

You would think that a business executive would have their proirities in line and invest in a second line.

Even so, I am not exactly sure how it would become the store reps/ customer service reps responsibility at that point to satisfy the customer other than help assisting them into preventing it from happening in the future.
dualitycomplex

Jan 20, 2010, 1:17 PM
thats all you can do, try and prevent it in the future, I had a customer in my store the other day refusing to do a $20 plan bump, she was going over her minutes by about a 150 and on the lowest rate plan the overage charges are pretty damned harsh. I had a customer service agent on the line since I work indirect and if they weren't going to let me back date this ( the customer ) I wanted to make damned sure customer service notated the account so everyone nation wide could see I called in beat the customer up about changing their plan so no credits would be issued to this sad excuse for a human being. The agent did get a chuckle when I said "Either change your plan now and save 80 bucks a month or don't and spend an extra 150 I honestly d...
(continues)
sinister

Feb 24, 2010, 6:43 PM
ok yes, i love you 🤣
vampyra

Jan 20, 2010, 5:02 PM
c> i have the , how much is the 3g on it? do i have to pay? how do i turn it on?

m> its already on the device ma'am. no charge.

c> thats not possible... nothing is free! How much is it?

M> ma'am i can promise you that it is an included feature on that phone.

C> i dont believe you . (hangs up)
brisk87

Jan 20, 2010, 6:18 PM
i had a cust yesterday who had his tv blasting. he didn't even have the courtesy to turn it down. i was upset at first cuz i could tell he really didn't want to talk to me and wasn't really paying attention and watching tv but then i was like if this guy isn't gonna turn down his tv, i am going to take my time and go through EVERY single thing i gotta cover with him, regarding his accnt.
vampyra

Jan 20, 2010, 6:32 PM
you must work for t-mobile lol
brisk87

Jan 20, 2010, 6:33 PM
no, sprint actually. you work for tmobile?
vampyra

Jan 20, 2010, 6:34 PM
yep... :/
brisk87

Jan 20, 2010, 6:35 PM
dang you replied real quick. i started reaching for gum and i wasn't even done pulling it out by the time you replied haha!

cust service?
vampyra

Jan 20, 2010, 6:45 PM
unfortunately... lol. theres a bit on auto in time.. lol. plus some dealers take forever to figure out what they caleld in to do.. lol
xxbriibriixx

Feb 24, 2010, 1:02 PM
i hate it when customers keep saying "you see what im saying" "blah blah blah blah credit blah blah blah....... do u see what im saying?"

i one time had a customer that was munchin down on chips and would not stop! all i heard was her chompin down on freakin chips! i would ask her a question and she had her freakin face stuffed that she would take honestly 30 seconds to answer back. and 30 seconds is alot when its awkward silence. and once she answered. she would stuff her face again! this call was honestly a 40 minute call.
qualityrocker

Feb 24, 2010, 1:14 PM
When they call in demanding that there is somethng wrong w/their bill and saying that i will give them credit for it....when you and i both know...there is nothing wrong w/their bill!
leprecon123

Mar 11, 2010, 1:47 PM
Yeah I had to tell a lady earlier to be quiet long enough to let me tell her why her bill was correct. She didn't even want me to get 3 words out b4 arguing with me. Once she was quiet for a minute I explained the bill and then all she could say was "Oh I didn't know".
SHumphries

Feb 24, 2010, 8:06 PM
the customer tries to threaten you

Customer: You A-hole you F***ed my phone up you better get me a new one

Me: Thats fine sir however you will have to pay retail cost because its damaged by water

Cust: Thats Bull**** you better get me a new phone or ill come over that counter and kick your @$$

Me: 😳 wow sir you dont have to act like that

Cust: are you getting smart I will beat you down

Me: 🤣 🤣 🤣 seriously sir jus leave before you embarrass yourself and then get arrested
Coil

Feb 25, 2010, 12:26 PM
Wow you're really nice to them I talk **** the second I'm threatened. Like ths one guy that wanted to break the neck of who ever sold him ths prepaid. And I was like that's me. And he's like no it isn't. And I'm like yes it is that's my name on the reciept you're holding. And all of a sudden he kept pretending it wasn't me. Yeah. ******.
twystedclipse

Feb 25, 2010, 12:38 PM
🤣
jchambao

Feb 28, 2010, 12:20 PM
when customers want to go down on their rate plan, but when you tell them theyre going to lose all their rollover they think its b/s b/c "they paid for those, and they shouldnt be taken away", i espectially love the ones that have been on a high rate plan and have 15000 rollover and think they still need those but they only use about 300 mins a month.....seriously? when do you think you will ever use 15000 mins? plus they expire in a year....people just don't use their head....
OrionsVantage

Feb 28, 2010, 5:53 PM
OMFG i absolutely hate it when a customer walks in "I'm due for an upgrade/i want to get a phone with you guys", spends an hour of my time going over phones, plans acc's etc then proceeds to tell me that "oh i called customer service, they're going to hook me up with a sweet deal, they told me to come into a store and check some things out"

F*ck you Customer service and F*ck those customers. You wanna do research, go to the internet, and if you want to sell a phone over the phone close the deal right then and there.

I do NOT want customers in my store doing research for stuff they're going to buy from telesales!
Coil

Mar 2, 2010, 5:28 PM
Yeah totally it's good to extract that information out of them asap..
Coil

Mar 2, 2010, 5:29 PM
Is when they get phones online/over the phone and then want some help... "sorry you're going to have to call wherever you got them from on the internet and most likely deal with a mailbox *instantly flip over and ask the next person whats up*"
OrionsVantage

Mar 2, 2010, 5:40 PM
I usually give assistance when i'm slow to people who bought from telesales, but i've often been tempted to tell them to call whoever sold them the device.
ShoopDaWoop

Mar 10, 2010, 8:13 PM
Especially when they get mad because I don't speak their language. WTF?
ecycled

Mar 12, 2010, 7:45 PM
Technically a Customer is someone who buys something from me. My pet peeve is ppl that buy elsewhere.

Yes, prices can be different but at that point you get what you paid for. I'm not saying they are dumb, but if they are so smart then why are they asking my why the phone is so quiet?

"Not a customer", is my pet peeve.
iljaaf21

Mar 13, 2010, 2:20 PM
I work in a shopping center with a Walmart. I absolutely love when the customers come in to look at the phones, see the prices and then tell me, well it's cheaper over at Walmart. I tell them that are prices are fixed and that I can't make that Blackberry Bold free.
So what do they do? They go get their free Bold, and come right back over here to have me do everything Wally World can't do, like, transfer their contacts, set up their email, etc. I looked at one guy, and told him that it was a $25 charge. His response was that it was an AT&T phone and that I had to do it. I told him that we don't charge you if you buy the phone here because that service is included with the price of the phone. 😁
ecycled

Mar 13, 2010, 2:55 PM
I agree. You bet your @$$ if you want me to perform a service there will be a service charge.

BTW the Bold for free deal, I charged one guy 40 bucks to move his from a curve to bold b/c he did this. He still said "Thanks man, thats still a bargain"

LOL
carlangelo15

Mar 15, 2010, 11:34 AM
😁 😁
haha that's funny
300zxATT_VZW

Mar 13, 2010, 5:49 PM
Please...
WernerCD

Mar 16, 2010, 6:01 PM
Nope... not dead yet. We saved it.
freephones4all

Mar 16, 2010, 12:57 AM
When a customer tells me they have been on hold for 30 minutes. And we haven't had any calls in que
rudedogtrev

Apr 17, 2010, 12:51 PM
How many of us here are reps working for a carrier? I'm curious to know. Post your position and department or carrier you work for. I'm a customer service rep for AT&T
freephones4all

Mar 16, 2010, 1:01 AM
I have to run up my ACPD to call you back on another number because you called in on the phone you are having a problem with.
Or you say no Im not on the phone. Then when I tell you to pull the battery it hangs up. Because you're on the phone
runnback33

Mar 17, 2010, 1:13 PM
my personal favorite is when they get the 3rd party subscriptions. i can just simply explain mam\ sir we at our company did not charge this. we actually have nothing to do with this. it was somehow done by the you the cust even if it was completely accidental. but we can stop the subscription for you and also give you a cre... in which then they go and interupt " oh h*#% no i didnt i never do these things. i dont even know how. this is a scam for your f#*%ing company. and your trying to play me like an idiot when you yourself is the idiot." well there goes the credit for you 🙂. but here your stuff is sub is cancelled 🤣
phoneguy45

Mar 19, 2010, 12:57 PM
I HATE IT WHEN SWEATY OBESE WOMEN COME IN TO PAY THEIR BILL WITH SWEATY MONEY THEY HAVE BEEN KEEPING IN THEIR BRA...NASTY!!
wizardofCroz

Mar 19, 2010, 2:05 PM
This has been covered. Please see "Dirty Butt/ Boob money" for references. Thank you.
NEPats726420

Mar 24, 2010, 9:25 AM
you read my mind lol
rudedogtrev

Apr 17, 2010, 12:52 PM
LOL@Wizard
bryantkd

Mar 25, 2010, 4:58 PM
I work in a Kiosk and my pet peeve would be customers that walk in the store and drop their kids off at the kiosk while they do their shopping. Especially when I am working with a customer and little Timmy is playing with the phone I am trying to sell my customer.

Then when I tell Little Timmy he cant look at the phones unless his parents are present he leaves and comes back with mommy mad at me and asks why Timmy cant look at the phones. I tell her that it is disruptive to our customers to have unattended children playing with the phones we are demonstrating to our customers, and she says "thats just bad customer service and thats why we are with XXXXXX not you"

Good you have just admitted you are not even a customer now take your...
(continues)
Nobodey

Mar 27, 2010, 6:28 PM
I always lie and say "insurance reasons". For insurance reasons Little Timmy can't be in here without at least a 18 year old watching them. (I used to work at a knife shop, so that one was easy, you could do the same and just say 16 instead of 1😎.
Generally I always blamed some unknown, unaccountable entity when I am enforcing people being stupid.
"Sorry, I can't do that because if I was being mystery shopped/boss comes in/they see me on the camera, etc...., I would be fired"
kendrat

Mar 31, 2010, 5:12 PM
LOL! 🤣 Customers are really ridiculous. And their carrier probably locks their phones up. No one wants ppl to drop their kids off at a Kiosk and I do not even do that with my nieces. I tell them to not even go near em. Unless I say so when i am going to buy something from them. No one has time to babysit others kids. They need to take the kids with them since they had em. 🤣
wompwomp

Mar 31, 2010, 1:41 PM
c: "you're not allowing me to upgrade!"
me: 🙄 yes, you're right, i'm saying no to you being able to upgrade. "unfortunately that would be due to the terms & conditions of the contract you agreed to"
c: "well i don't want your data charges anyway"
me: they're not my charges. "i understand..."
customer: "plus, you don't have data coverage at my home"
correction: you're right, i don't. but neither does the carrier. which is what you really mean to say.
kendrat

Mar 31, 2010, 5:15 PM
LOL. I get that all the time.
wompwomp

Mar 31, 2010, 5:16 PM
kendra... 👀
kendrat

Mar 31, 2010, 5:21 PM
LOL 🙂
me12

Apr 15, 2010, 2:06 PM
The favoritest thing I love to hear from my customers
"I recieved this msg saying I went over my texting plan, I could not have sent this amount of msg's since _/5/2010 till today, You made the overages on my account, this is bulls(*t, ______ Wireless is screwing me over! You put these overages here! You are plotting to make money off of this con.... bla bla bla bla bla..... "

Feck you silly sausage. 😲
Amarantamin

Apr 14, 2010, 9:21 PM
is insanely long.

Wow.
rellikzero

Apr 14, 2010, 11:53 PM
amen. i wish the forums were threaded like normal forums. :\
bigjerm88

Apr 16, 2010, 2:12 PM
I can't !@#$ing stand ignorant people, which make up 90% of my work day. Someone calls about activating a phone, easiest thing in the world to do, but they're not authorized. They always say "My number is...and its on the account." Well yeah, your # is on the account you dumb ****, that's how I pulled up your account, BUT the account owner hasn't added your name as an authorized user. "Oh yes he has!" This is where I get furious, bitch, are you looking at the account screen? No you're not. So just tell me I'm full of ****, hang up, and go hang yourself in your ****ing closet.
retrocool

Apr 16, 2010, 10:17 PM
Gosh, Mr. or Mrs. Customer, that's just such a lovely sound to hear, you flushing the toilet over and over as you wipe your behind while you're talking to me on the phone.

"Yes ma'am, I'm sorry to hear your internet isn't working, let me see what we can do to get that corrected."

"OK." *FLUSH*

"Hmm. OK. I'm checking our system, let's see if the settings are accurate......"*pause*

*light grunting*

*FLUSH*

*my nostrils flaring and my eyelids dropping to half-open in disgust*

"OK, here we go. There was an incorrect settings on the phone. I've gotten that corrected, so here's what you do to make that correction available to your phone.....(long-winded tech advice)"

*FLUSH*

"OK, great, I'll try that! Thanks so much!"

(continues)
ommsddgw

Apr 17, 2010, 1:04 PM
Customers that are so dumb you have to repeat your explanation multiple times, and then act like you're the idiot. "Your minutes are added, you have 30 days." "Are you sure you put them on there?" 👿

This thread has reached the maximum number of replies.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.