Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

customer care strikes again

edzero

Dec 19, 2009, 3:37 PM
I had a customers kid come in saying that his phone wasnt working, it was say "sim unregistered". I pulled up the account and saw that the sim did not match. I pulled up the notes and it said that earlier in the day an upgrade was performed on his number by accident. The sim was changed and then it was reversed and that the customer would need a new sim. We called customer "care" to see about getting the customer a credit for the sim card that I was about to sell him. The rep refused to give them a credit. Told me that I should give the sim card to the customer for free. I told her I shouldnt give them a card for free. I didnt screw up the account and change the sim card. Theres no reason the cost should come out of my bosses pocket...
(continues)
sirbri32

Dec 19, 2009, 4:27 PM
Its been awhile since I worked at an indirect AT&T, but the sim cards our company were provided were free from corporate. I was there for the cingular switch, and all we had to do was throw out hundreds of old sims, which if profit was being lost that would not have happened. If your boss is paying a ton for sim cards, he better talk to his provider rep and find out wtf is going on. I understand doing a sim switch and charging a $10 fee, but thats pure profit, not a loss.

btw, im not a fan of phone reps either, but check that stuff with your boss, it sounds way off. heck you may save the company money by getting him to look at different supply providers.
edzero

Dec 19, 2009, 4:32 PM
thanks...i will. but regardless of how much it costs him care should never tell me what I should do...especially when it comes to pricing. Nobody at care...regardless of how high they are should tell me how much to charge somebody. That was more of my point. 😎
sirbri32

Dec 19, 2009, 4:34 PM
I agree 100%, The rep could have suggested something but to tell ya what to do, thats f'd up.
SprintCC

Dec 19, 2009, 7:20 PM
I'd agree if not for all the calls I get from stores telling me what to do. Problem is, we all know how to do our jobs and for some reason too many people think that means they know how to do someone else's as well.

Too bad we can't all just get along.
Coil

Dec 19, 2009, 9:18 PM
What do you mean all yours? You didn't make a single dollar. In fact you possibly lost money while you were helping them as others walked by you and/or talked to someone else. Wow congrats they're all yours in 22 months. You really showed some non commissioned customer care representative lawlz.
Butthead007

Dec 19, 2009, 10:04 PM
Don't worry, indirects screw up plenty of accounts that need to be fixed at the care level.

Everyone makes mistakes. If you get this bent out of shape over a mistake, then maybe you should not interact with the public in any capacity at all.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.