Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Quarters... Really?

oregoncellfoner

Dec 15, 2009, 12:15 AM
I had a gentleman come to the kiosk to pay his bill today. A regular occurrence with this gentleman. He is always over his spending limit and refuses to change his plan. Anyways I asked how much he wanted to pay and he said 80.00. Then he handed me a bag of quarters. I had to ask if he was serious. It wasnt like rolled quarters. No, it was a bag of loose quarters. Who seriously pays an 80.00 bill in cash with quarters?
/rant
Ask The Shack

Dec 15, 2009, 9:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwo5TE5tcVQ »

Maybe he's trying to make a point, or maybe he's just trying to make your job more difficult.

I think he think's you're a jerk, and that's why he's doing it.
llama

Dec 15, 2009, 9:46 AM
But a cell phone bill is not a fine...

I wouldn't accept $80 in unrolled quarters either. Or I would charge the customer my hourly rate for the time for me to count them. 3200 quarters...sure, it's legal tender, but I can charge fees for accepting payments like that...
dopeygirl

Dec 15, 2009, 5:45 PM
3200 quarters? 🤣 🤣

Must have been a HUGE bill.
Ask The Shack

Dec 16, 2009, 10:14 AM
Yeah, good luck with telling customers that you're charging them money, just so you can accept their money (and that's on top of any "convience" fee that may already be applied).

I'm sure your boss will be right on board with you there soon as you get your company in legal trouble because you're discrminating against him because he didn't come in with the TYPE of currency you want.

Good luck with that one buddy....
edzero

Dec 16, 2009, 4:08 PM
I wouldnt say its discrimination. Paying an $80 bill with a bag of quarters? You just dont do that. I would ask the customer to take it to a bank that can take that and give him paper money for that. And as far as getting into legal trouble....if he's paying his bill in quarters im not really worried about him coming back with a lawyer.
zzyo

Dec 16, 2009, 5:37 PM
🤣
edzero said:
....if he's paying his bill in quarters im not really worried about him coming back with a lawyer.

🤣
Ask The Shack

Dec 17, 2009, 9:47 AM
Maybe you should. An ambulance chaser will take up the case for a percentage of the winning from the case, and if you represent deep pockets like AT&T, or Verizon, they're goina pound you like bubba would in prison.

It's up to you, but I think you godda take away from the fact that if the guy is willing to go through the trouble of counting out his quarters, and keeping them un-rolled, then he doesn't like you. Maybe you should be more o a "people person"

Just my 2 cents tho.
300zxATT_VZW

Dec 16, 2009, 11:05 AM
I think you meant 320 quarters
mrpmpfan

Dec 17, 2009, 8:45 AM
320 quarters, sorry just correcting your math
NaughtyGuy555

Dec 15, 2009, 10:36 AM
if i have time i'll do it. its agreat time killer and i'd just make him stand there and watch me play with the quarters as i do it. if not then he is sol and just ask him to come back with rolled quarters/changed money or when i have time to count it. there's a counstar in most publix stores. (go nuts)
Researcher

Dec 15, 2009, 1:49 PM
I worked for a guy who owned a vending company. He paid all his bills in quarters or sometimes one dollar bills. He had some guy installing carpet in his house. The cost was $300.00. I helped him carry over to the contractor $300.00 in quarters. I can not recall if they were rolled or not. The contractor must have done work for him before because he took them. 🤣
Sigma1570

Dec 17, 2009, 11:48 AM
I sold a phone to a stripper once. She paid with $1 bills.
simmeon

Dec 17, 2009, 2:53 PM
I would think that is pretty fishy
PhoneyName

Dec 17, 2009, 3:44 PM
The local waitresses make their payments with $1 bills. I don't mind, it saves me a trip to the bank for change. I could always use more quarters and ones.
oregoncellfoner

Dec 21, 2009, 1:47 PM
I sold a phone to a dancer once too. I used to frequent her establishment, but since I've been married, I haven't. So I asked her where she works (to try to get her a discount) and she said, at the strip club you dumb f@$k. I turned beet red.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.