Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Customer care reps

dopeygirl

Dec 10, 2009, 7:50 PM
I respect the job you do. You regularly have to deal with customers that aren't in the best of moods... "You screwed up my bill!" "I want a credit!" "Do ___ or I'm gonna cancel!" Plus I understand a bunch of you just got laid off. Merry Christmas, love Sprint!!

I try very hard to not bother you with issues I CAN deal with, even though they do not make me a sale, plan swaps, ESN swaps, why is my bill so high? etc. etc..

However (of course, ya had to see this coming) I can not EVER issue a credit or an adjustment or move someone's eligibility for upgrade (outside 14 days) or equipment returns. EVER. Its not that I'm not supposed to, I cannot access that part of the program. PERIOD.

Pretty please don't send me these customers...
(continues)
kallcenterking

Dec 10, 2009, 9:30 PM
Please stop telling customers they can get the upgrade fee waived by calling customer care. We can not do this and we just have to refer that back to the sprint store... madder than they were before 🤣
DE 2 Philly

Dec 11, 2009, 3:53 PM
Nobody does that at our store (corporate owned).
pizzas not for breakfast

Dec 11, 2009, 4:02 PM
This is what i believe happens:

Customer walks in to store and buys phone and Customer asks for stuff to be waived, is told no. Calls in to customer care, claiming the store rep said it would be waived, is told to go back to store. Customer either:

A) Hangs up and deals with it.
B) Actually goes back to the store claiming customer care said that they would waive charges in store.

I don't blame store reps for anything that the customer says happens because i believe 98% of the customers are lying. Only time these charges are waived are when the order is on-line, at least for sprint anyway.
dualitycomplex

Dec 11, 2009, 4:48 PM
we dont charge upgrade fees at big red.
and pizza your slightly wrong 99% of customers are full of it. In three years at my current location i have had 1 customer tell the truth about a billing mishap. That is not a good ratio for the customer.
quitamancha22

Dec 14, 2009, 11:18 AM
lol i do that, and the cust tell me
"im going back to that store, ill be madder than im a m now" lol
mrpmpfan

Dec 11, 2009, 6:10 AM
Please store reps (I have a list)

1.) Don't sell someone a mobile broadband card that leaves out in poor coverage. You can check the map just like I can.

2.) Please don't push smartphones on customers who aren't smart.

3.) Don't tell them that customer service will waive any fees they have an issue with. (Example: Activation fee, upgrade fee, first month of employee discount)

4.) Help a customer out by giving us a call while they are in the store. More than half the time you know far more than the customer and it will make everything smoother.

5.) Just because a customer says they want a Blackberry check with them why? If they want it because of its keyboard, sell them a texting phone. If they like to browse the web, send ...
(continues)
Hombre07

Dec 11, 2009, 11:38 AM
1.) Don't sell someone a mobile broadband card that leaves out in poor coverage. You can check the map just like I can.

In some areas, like mine, the poor coverage barely working cards works better than the dial up service they get now. Some customers don't take no for an answer, trust me, we try to talk people out of the stupid things.

We wouldn't sell any phones. We would sell Pantech Breeze phones, that's it.

3.) Don't tell them that customer service will waive any fees they have an issue with. (Example: Activation fee, upgrade fee, first month of employee discount)

If you do it once we assume you'll do it again. If a 5 line family talk upgrades same day, I ...
(continues)
mrpmpfan

Dec 11, 2009, 3:11 PM
Hombre07 said:

In some areas, like mine, the poor coverage barely working cards works better than the dial up service they get now. Some customers don't take no for an answer, trust me, we try to talk people out of the stupid things.

Umm in poor coverage aircards might operate at best on a poor 2G connection which is slightly better than dial-up. But the $60 a month required for an aircard really isn't worth it.

We wouldn't sell any phones. We would sell Pantech Breeze phones, that's it.

Speaking as an AT&T rep
(continues)
Hombre07

Dec 11, 2009, 4:07 PM

Umm in poor coverage aircards might operate at best on a poor 2G connection which is slightly better than dial-up. But the $60 a month required for an aircard really isn't worth it.

You tell them that. It's not up to me what a customer does or does not want to spend.

We wouldn't sell any phones. We would sell Pantech Breeze phones...
(continues)
mrpmpfan

Dec 12, 2009, 6:52 AM
Hombre07 said:

You tell them that. It's not up to me what a customer does or does not want to spend.

I doubt when a customer says, "I want to start a new mobile broadband account" do you ever che
(continues)
SprintCC

Dec 12, 2009, 6:11 PM
I'm with you on most of this. But, it isn't the job of the salesman to push a phone on a customer if they want something else. If someone wants a Blackberry, they can buy one. Yes, it stinks to have to try to help them when they don't understand the phone- but that is what we get paid to do.
mrpmpfan

Dec 14, 2009, 7:12 AM
Here is an example: A customer comes into a camera store. Their friend or a previous sales rep might have told them for a good camera the only kind to buy are SLRs. They didn't dive into what the customer truly needs. They might not even be good with cameras or have that much money to spend.

So ask them what they will use it for, how much would be acceptable, what features they need. Then you might find out a high megapixel, lower zoom camera might be suffice.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.