Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

what do customers do to their phones?

getsome

Dec 7, 2009, 5:12 PM
every phone i've owned i've held on to for more than 9 mo. a piece. i've never done a warrenty exchange or anything. i've had the cheapest nokia to the iphone and nothing has ever crapped out. yet, customers complain about problems wth their phones all the time. they always have software issues and it just stops working...wtf is wrong with them?
BoredatSprint

Dec 7, 2009, 5:30 PM
Anyone who doesn't work in the cellular industry just treats their phone like a wallet or some such. My roommate recently let his phone take a bath in a cup of water he had in his bedroom. My other roommate dropped hers into the toilet while she was drunk.

I have never damaged a phone. Because I know what a pain in the ass it can be to get it replaced. Most people don't think about their phone as a 3-6 hundred dollar device.

And this sir, is why we can't have nice things.
PhonemanJ

Dec 8, 2009, 7:11 PM
The biggest problem is something that the industry has done to itself. All you see and hear from all of the major carriers is "Free Phone" or "Buy one, Get One Free". Even top of the line phones like the iPhone or Storm are marked at rock bottom prices. Because the customer pays next to nothing for a phone that retails for $300-$400-$500, there is no perceived value in the item. Thus the customer treats the equipment like a box of Cracker Jacks, figuring that "If I kill, it costs me next to nothing to replace it." If I had a nickle for everytime someone came in the store with a busted phone and said "But I only paid $XX for it!" I could retire a wealthy man. The consumer has no concept of the real value of the equipment.

Another problem ...
(continues)
Your real Dad

Dec 7, 2009, 6:09 PM
I ask myself this question everyday.
simmeon

Dec 7, 2009, 6:28 PM
I know for me I personally have done some damage to a phone. But I have always fizxed it myself. I could never imagine demanding a new phone cause I got mad at my girlfriend launched the thing into a pool.
simmeon

Dec 7, 2009, 6:29 PM
oh and then of course bringing the phone in dripping wet with maple syrup stuck in the buttons and saying "Look at this piece of crap"
BoredatSprint

Dec 7, 2009, 6:49 PM
'We can syrup proof your next one if you'd like. It would be fifty dollars per phone.'

😈 😈 😈 😈
NEPats726420

Dec 8, 2009, 7:23 PM
and they throw it done on the desk and say, "my phone is broken, what are you going to do about it??"
bdo3272

Dec 8, 2009, 7:42 PM
wow! they talk to you! lucky! they usually just toss it on the table and stare at me like i got 3 heads. i guess im suppossed to read minds or something?
NEPats726420

Dec 8, 2009, 7:44 PM
obviously!!
dualitycomplex

Dec 8, 2009, 9:02 PM
I live in a bit of a rural area and have had people have their phones eaten by a goat. Of course the pool drops, sinks, car doors being slammed on them, dropped in a gin and tonic. you name it i have seen it done, like what was said above customers see no value in the item they hold. I'm getting it for X why the hell should I care is what they say. I try and show them the actual cost of the phone and give them a hard line "i'm completely cold hearted if you come in with a broken phone, you have been informed"
NEPats726420

Dec 9, 2009, 1:12 PM
me too!! I live near UCONN, and every year in april they have spring weekend, its basically a week long party on campus before finals, and we were guaranteed like 20 damaged phones the week after
dualitycomplex

Dec 9, 2009, 1:15 PM
gotta love college kids....
NEPats726420

Dec 9, 2009, 1:34 PM
only the girls!!
viper27

Dec 9, 2009, 3:53 PM
thats when you tell them "I'm going to make you do an insurance claim."

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.