Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Attention Call Center Reps

getsome

Dec 6, 2009, 2:34 PM
Hey guys/gals. I appreciate all your work. I really do but….I do not need to speak to you for 10 minutes about retail sales and my day. I just need whatever I need done. That’s it. No I don't have kids and yes I'm still in school. Could we just please refrain from the small talk? Kthxbye
chocosong87

Dec 6, 2009, 2:37 PM
as much as we would love to not talk to you or any other customer about retarded things like how your day is going, we.;re sorta required to "build rapport" or dumb small talk to relate to the customer, etc or else we lose our jobs. kthnxbai?
getsome

Dec 6, 2009, 3:17 PM
rapport is great with a customer...but if a rep calls in..just get me off the phone as soon as possible. sometimes we are busy and we have money standing in line we don't wanna miss.
brandtz

Dec 6, 2009, 3:28 PM
attention retail reps, stop calling care for upgrade fee's to be waived when you know damn well that's your fault for pretending they wouldn't have to pay for it.

ps. stop calling customer care and call dealer support.
getsome

Dec 6, 2009, 4:08 PM
sometimes we need to call care..but in terms of the upgrade fees, i'm happy to charge customers that. in my position i'm requesting that customer care stop waiving upgrade feesand sending cust to store for the same deal...
rainbow_metals

Dec 7, 2009, 7:11 PM
would you rather have dead silence?
freephones4all

Dec 8, 2009, 5:02 AM
No. I am required to small talk you. If I don't small talk you I will fail my call. Even if you specifically request no small talk. So if you call CC you will be small talked. If you don't like the small talk please submit feedback. Thank you for calling CC. Wish you luck with school, sorry about the no kids thing, and you have a grrrreat day.
mrpmpfan

Dec 8, 2009, 6:33 AM
I understand exactly where you are coming from but to be honest I am one of the reps who likes to help the customer with exactly what they called about and get them off the line.

However I was in danger of losing my job if I didn't start dragging calls into the 10 and 1/2 minute mark. So please understand that they might just be doing what someone higher than them tells them to do. If need be we are more than happy if you set the phone down to do something and get back with us on minute 11, lol.
rainbow_metals

Dec 9, 2009, 2:36 PM
yeah im not content with waiting 11 minutes for someone to do something else, customer or store rep. speak for yourself only.
viperguy

Dec 10, 2009, 2:35 PM
Dear customer. Excuse us(call center reps) for trying to put a little light in your day for having to explain each and every little overage charge that YOU caused. I understand you may feel our systems our faulty or that there is no way you could have used that many minutes in one month but if you dont want to speak with a rep that will have small talk with you while also dealing with the same exact issue that we've had to explain to customers on a day to day basis its as easy as sucking it up and paying your bill.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.