Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Verizon Wireless EROES Sig Capture Help

texaswireless

Dec 5, 2009, 10:46 PM
Good evening folks,

I have an issue with Sig Capture, Windows 7 and EROES. Java is functioning fine (according to the Java website), Sig capture works with other software. When you click to capture signature it brings the box up but the Java icon freezes and nothing happens.

I have tried uninstalling, clearing cache, everything Sig Capture Troubleshooting PDF in infocenter says to try (several links on that page on invalid, like the link to JRE 5.0).

Any suggestions? I installed everything on a different Windows 7 laptop and all works fine.

Thanks for your assistance
sweetcherrygurl

Dec 5, 2009, 11:44 PM
i have seen some problems crop up with Internet Explorer 8. try going back to IE 7 instead, this may fix your problem.
texaswireless

Dec 5, 2009, 11:48 PM
Windows 7 comes with IE 8. Not sure if you can downgrade. It does work on another computer with IE 8. Java version on working compouter is 6 version 15. 6 version 17 is on the computers that wont work. Only thing I can see different.
Keith-IA

Dec 6, 2009, 9:07 AM
Difference in Java versions.
brentgodwin

Dec 7, 2009, 10:21 AM
Texas,

A couple of questions on this..
I went through the same thing when Vista came out.
Did you have Vista or XP before Windows 7?

Your Java is probably fine along with the sig pad. I am thinking that the driver for sig pad to make it work with eROES is not correct for Windows 7. It took like 6-8 months to get it working correctly for Vista if I remember right..

And BTW..the eROES folks will tell you that its your fault that it doesn't work..

Good Luck..
texaswireless

Dec 7, 2009, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the suggestion.

I did finally get it working. One computer worked right out of the box with Java 6 version 15. The others (also windows 7 out of the box) had to have Java 5 version 22 installed to get them to work.

I skipped over Vista, never had that installed on any of my machines.

Thanks again.
brentgodwin

Dec 7, 2009, 11:26 AM
Good..

Be careful of the updates that you do as well..
Could make it bomb out again..

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.