Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

High and Mighty Customers

musicaldelial

Dec 2, 2009, 11:33 AM
Dont you just love when a customer thinks their time is made of gold and that you are wasting eery second of it because of something you have no control over, yet they are the ones that insist on griping for 30 minutes. How do you handle these customers?
BoredatSprint

Dec 2, 2009, 11:35 AM
😲

You mean it's not our fault?
musicaldelial

Dec 2, 2009, 12:25 PM
I know... When someone told me that, i crapped a golden brick.
famoussasjohn

Dec 2, 2009, 12:30 PM
Sure hope you kept that brick..
musicaldelial

Dec 2, 2009, 12:43 PM
its my plan B, if my career as a tech support mogul goes south.
famoussasjohn

Dec 2, 2009, 12:29 PM
I find it very annoying that they have to say "I have been a customer for X amount of years! I demand this NOW!" This is when I stop caring, if I ever did in the first place. I'm not going to treat a customer differently, just because they have been there for X amount of years, every customer gets the same treatment.
musicaldelial

Dec 2, 2009, 12:40 PM
I dont know about that. If they are nice and i notice that they have been a long time subscriber, i will work a little harder to help them out. However, if they are crabby from the start and are trying to use that as leaverage, I totally agree.
BoredatSprint

Dec 2, 2009, 12:47 PM
My usual response to that statement.

"Yeah, and we've been trying to get rid of you since then. Take a hint dbag" 😎
musicaldelial

Dec 2, 2009, 12:52 PM
smooth.
BoredatSprint

Dec 2, 2009, 12:56 PM
I know what the custies like.

😈
love2transfercustomers

Dec 2, 2009, 1:24 PM
i'm with you on that.

cst: "I've been a customer with Sprint for 10 years!"

me: "Who gives a damn?!"

😎
dualitycomplex

Dec 2, 2009, 2:29 PM
and i have gotten gas at that chevron for the last 10 years and they have yet to fill my tank for free i feel your pain oh blessed customer. 🙄
love2transfercustomers

Dec 2, 2009, 2:40 PM
that's a good one. i wonder if i can say something like that to a customer in a polite non-smartass way and not get a sup call. 🤣
SHumphries

Dec 2, 2009, 3:46 PM
I just tell them if they want to try and do it faster be my guest and move my keyboard to them and give them a **** eatting grin.. 😎
Mossberg

Dec 2, 2009, 9:09 PM
I always "try" to treat them how I treat my grandparents. I just picture one of my old, decrepit grandparents and then I can produce some super customer service.

Other times I get hooked and I become very curt or not so helpfull.. But I do try.
wizardofCroz

Dec 3, 2009, 10:32 AM
I had a guy complain that I shut his service off.

C: "You turned off my service motha F*****"

M: 😳 "First of all, no i didn't. Second, you need to chill out with that, there's kids around"

C: You turn my service back on now!

M: Well, have you thought about paying your bill?

C: OK fine, I pay bill. But you, motha f*****, don't show me up.

M: OK sir, you have two choices, pay your bill and leave, or i'll call security and they'll make you leave. I don't care what you call me, but there are kids around here and they don't need to be hearing that.

C: OK fine, I pay bill.

The next week he comes back and waits until someone else is available.

C: I talk to you, i no talk to that guy, He's mean.

M:...
(continues)
meeshxsmith

Dec 4, 2009, 9:59 AM
🤣 That's one of the many reasons I'm glad I no longer work in retail.
Webb

Dec 3, 2009, 3:23 PM
I have a thick skin. So my usual response was to do my freaking job and try to assist as best I can. Sometimes this meant letting a customer vent if they were determined to do so.

But by the same tune, I wouldn't bend over to actual abuse.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.