Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 26 replies

Call Center VS. Retail Location

VZWjny

Nov 25, 2009, 9:12 AM
I work at an internal call center for VZW customer care (not a vendor) and was just wondering if anyone else in a call center wherever notices the huge amount of mistakes that retail locations and indirect locations make on customers accounts. I think i spend half of my day listening to reps at retail locations ask me to issue credits for their screw ups (which they have full capability to correct) or to activate a cell phone after a failed ESN change..i mean for crying out loud you guys have infomanager USE IT! Another prime scenario from today, store activated a BlackBerry 9630 Tour to a grandfathered alltel plan with no data package so the customer called in with a 14,000$ bill stating that they went to a store and that "They gave me this...
(continues)
mrpmpfan

Nov 25, 2009, 9:51 AM
I work in business data support and most of my days revolves around a ton of invalid transfers from BEUC.

My least favorite is when a BEUC agent warm transfers someone to me saying they have an email issue and they customer's email is working just fine.

Rant Rant Rant
VZWjny

Nov 25, 2009, 9:57 AM
I feel your pain, if i issue one more credit or have to explain pro-ration/month in advance charges to another customer because a store didn't explain or set expectations, i'm going to start escalating issues to district managers! AHHHH. 👿
love2transfercustomers

Nov 25, 2009, 10:14 AM
believe me, i know how you feel. I used to issue credits for all kinds of overages because the stores sell smart phones to customers without putting them on the right plan. i don't do it anymore. i tell customers to go right back to the store and talk to the manager of the rep who sold them the phone, or call customer care.
meeshxsmith

Nov 29, 2009, 7:20 PM
do you work in billing?
GraGG

Nov 29, 2009, 8:19 PM
what time did she post this?
meeshxsmith

Nov 29, 2009, 8:30 PM
10:14 a.m.
GraGG

Nov 29, 2009, 9:01 PM
no, your last post was posted at what time?
bryantkd

Nov 25, 2009, 11:23 AM
On the other hand I am really sick of call center reps sending customers in to the store for 1 year pricing because they lost their phone because the customer doesn't want to wait to have their phone shipped. All it does is ruin my opine and discretionary spending. The only enjoyable part is when I get to tell the cust I don't care what comments the call center puts on the account I don't have to honor a damn word they want their phone call cs back and have them ship it.
VZWjny

Nov 25, 2009, 11:38 AM
You're forgetting one thing, in this business it's about the customer not about credit limits and comission, Policy is Policy. If a customer calls in for an issue about a store not assisting them or telling them to call CS for an issue that can be handled in a retail location, we have no issue sending escalation emails to store managers and district managers to make sure the issues get resolved, and they do ;)
a_west

Nov 25, 2009, 5:26 PM
I work in a call center for a cellphn insurance company. I sometimes feel sorry for the reps that call in with really upset customers. I think that I like working in the call center better because you don't have to see the customer. When I am talking to someone on the phn I don't care how mad they get because they will never be able to find where I am at.
boredtsr

Nov 25, 2009, 5:28 PM
i would have to agree, it's much easier to deal with an irate customer on the phone than it is in person and i have done both
GotoGirl

Nov 25, 2009, 5:29 PM
I actually get a kick out of getting the unreasonably irrate people on the phone, i dont think id have as much fun if it were face to face..
boredtsr

Nov 25, 2009, 5:30 PM
GotoGirl said:
I actually get a kick out of getting the unreasonably irrate people on the phone, i dont think id have as much fun if it were face to face..

it's a lot easier to laugh about someone mad when they're not looking you in the eye
GotoGirl

Nov 25, 2009, 5:33 PM
I dont laigh if they have a decent reason to be upset, but when ur mad because ur dog ate ur phone and now u have to pay an insurance deductable to get another one, i cant help but giggle
boredtsr

Nov 25, 2009, 5:39 PM
i completely agree, and i wasn't trying to sound like i'm an inconsiderate ***, but some of the things people are upset about are just plain stupid
GotoGirl

Nov 25, 2009, 5:40 PM
Absolutely agreed!

I just got off the phone with a guy that is mad cause i cant have UPS hand deliver his device on thanks giving, prime example.
boredtsr

Nov 25, 2009, 5:41 PM
i had a guy on monday that was mad FedEx didn't deliver his phone on Sunday when he paid for next Business day shipping
GotoGirl

Nov 25, 2009, 5:42 PM
It amazes me how un educated some people are. lol

gues it gives me something to laugh about through the day.. 😁
VZWjny

Nov 25, 2009, 5:52 PM
You sound the like the go to girl 😛 Do you take calls for Asurion?
GotoGirl

Nov 25, 2009, 6:03 PM
Sure do, its a hoot. 🙄
VZWjny

Nov 25, 2009, 6:57 PM
I hate transferring to you guys, you all sound like you want to kill yourselves or the customer you're talking too lol! 😲 I will ride out the calls sometime to listen to the customer freak out about the deductable 😈
GotoGirl

Nov 25, 2009, 7:09 PM
ahahahahaha, priceless... well you guys are all to happy about ur jobs! lol
;]
VZWjny

Nov 28, 2009, 8:41 AM
Haha if i don't sound like i love every minute of my job...they'll make it so i don't have a job to pretend i love 😡
matonater

Nov 25, 2009, 7:12 PM
ninjas vs pirates

some things will never be settled
sidbisyo

Nov 28, 2009, 9:43 AM
🤣 agreed. 3 years i've been in this buisness and i still see this same thread/topic here and again.
pdajr24

Nov 30, 2009, 10:23 AM
as far as idiots in the retail stores screwing things up, some reps are idiots, some are not. it is probably about the same in the call centers and indirects retail stores as it is in corporate. i have worked for corporate, call center, and 2 indirects in my time in the wireless field. most of my time being store managers. I have hired and fired idiots, and some of my bosses have been idiots to. I am sorry that you spend half your day fixing idiot screw ups, but so do the stores. Especially the indirects. how do you suppose a customer gets told to goto "ANY" verizon att alltel tmo store and they can offer you the same thing in person, or the can flash your phone, or return you corporate purchase. The customer shows up and is told no 99.9% of...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.