Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

corp. retail vs. indierct

payurbill

Nov 24, 2009, 2:25 PM
i work at call center and tried of not getting commission for any phones i sell.. so my buddy offer me job @ a verizon indirect store i just wondering if it good money or if i should try at corp.
mist668

Nov 24, 2009, 3:53 PM
Corp pays better, requires higher quota. 3rd party has quota, less hourly.

Stay at call center man. It sucks not making commission on your sales but you probably have a decent hourly to compensate.
payurbill

Nov 24, 2009, 4:01 PM
i used to think so but my buddy CLAIMES he gets paid same as me and commission... i only make 9.50 hardly compensated for IMO
mist668

Nov 24, 2009, 4:05 PM
Yeah, what happens if you don't hit your quota for like 3 months? Better have an account on careerbuilder ready.
payurbill

Nov 24, 2009, 4:12 PM
trust me i do lol but thats because of my call center fires ppl like crazy lately 🤭
mist668

Nov 24, 2009, 4:54 PM
How the heck could you get fired from a call center? I understand if your handle time is way up there or you said something smart assed to a customer... but how?
payurbill

Nov 24, 2009, 8:50 PM
if u late to work. have ur cell phone on u and not in ur car(which confuses me since its for a cell phone carrier)and if u have stuff on ur desk ect...
ccareatatt

Nov 25, 2009, 2:36 AM
sounds like hell. we can have stuff on our desks, and our phones have to be on vibrate or silent but we can have them on us at any time just cant be texting while on calls.
jeffatt

Nov 24, 2009, 4:55 PM
$9.50 at a call center is pretty low compared to what I've heard about pay rates for most call center jobs.

I'm in indirect and if I worked in a busy store, I'd be making some really good money. Even as-is in a slow store, with my wife on a teacher's salary, we just finished building a very nice house and we won't be strapped for cash. It's the hours that suck. Holiday hours are going to be 9AM-8PM...and guess who gets to work 9-8 every day...

Indirect will simply depend on the company.
mist668

Nov 24, 2009, 5:10 PM
You complain about 9am to 8pm 🤣

How about working 5am to 9pm. Those days suck.
dualitycomplex

Nov 24, 2009, 6:08 PM
I would rather work indirect, less of a microscope on your while you work, and you usualy have a bit more flexiblity when it comes to scheduling and pricing of equipment. Corp is by the book black and white. I've done both and have been a bit happier at indirect even if i make slightly less than I did at corp.
Rachelann993

Nov 24, 2009, 6:34 PM
corp. better pay and benes

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.